Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 02:43 PM by Riqposso.)
RE: Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?
(12-09-2014 02:11 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 02:03 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  It's true that there is a huge difference between grass-fed and factory farmed beef, and you're also probably aware of resource freak animal products' industries trying to have the most profit as they can, but after all, veganism isn't a diet- It's an ethical position on the side of animals and being healthy is its gift.. There is no reason to insist on that they 'have to' be killed, as long as you've the substitutes

But what is the animal that "has" to be killed?

The one which was killed so that you might eat it?

The one whose habitat was destroyed to plant the field of crops you eat?

The one was run over by the truck delivering the crop to the store?

The pest you kill in your own home?

The parasite you kill in your own body?

As a theoretical question - what is the difference between low-impact and humane raising of animals for consumption and any or all of the above, which are necessary for all human life?

That's the breaking point, the real question.. And the truth is there is a lot to state and consider about the differences of low-impact and humane raising with the crops etc.

I'm here for answers, too but this is just too much for me at this late in here, I've talked to my Vegan Friend and asked for the particular article on this basis, The theory of Abolitionist Vegan Society does have an answer for that but I only have the Turkish site Sadcryface2 AbolisyonistVeganHareket

Thnx for the all debates and thinking, caring all--> I'll sleep now .. Hopefully I'll have the mind-blowers in the morning, thnx again 'n love you all Heart

Drooling

(12-09-2014 02:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  To me veganism is bullshit. You will never get protein from soy like you can meat, and at least non-vegans can also eat eggs nuts, plus beans. Veganism is horrible when it comes to protein , there is a reason vegans tend more protein problems than omnivores.

[Image: ask-me-where-i-get-my-protein-again-i-da...e-time.png]

His neighbour brings Ashure , They eat it with bread !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
(12-09-2014 02:38 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 02:11 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But what is the animal that "has" to be killed?

The one which was killed so that you might eat it?

The one whose habitat was destroyed to plant the field of crops you eat?

The one was run over by the truck delivering the crop to the store?

The pest you kill in your own home?

The parasite you kill in your own body?

As a theoretical question - what is the difference between low-impact and humane raising of animals for consumption and any or all of the above, which are necessary for all human life?

That's the breaking point, the real question.. And the truth is there is a lot to state and consider about the differences of low-impact and humane raising with the crops etc.

I'm here for answers, too but this is just too much for me at this late in here, I've talked to my Vegan Friend and asked for the particular article on this basis, The theory of Abolitionist Vegan Society does have an answer for that but I only have the Turkish site Sadcryface2 AbolisyonistVeganHareket

Thnx for the all debates and thinking, caring all--> I'll sleep now .. Hopefully I'll have the mind-blowers in the morning, thnx again 'n love you all Heart

Drooling

(12-09-2014 02:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  To me veganism is bullshit. You will never get protein from soy like you can meat, and at least non-vegans can also eat eggs nuts, plus beans. Veganism is horrible when it comes to protein , there is a reason vegans tend more protein problems than omnivores.

[Image: ask-me-where-i-get-my-protein-again-i-da...e-time.png]

Where does the protein come from? Seems to me like only a few and only two good ones. It is like humans digest animal proteins better than plant proteins.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-09-2014, 03:33 PM
(12-09-2014 02:03 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  veganism isn't a diet- It's an ethical position on the side of animals and being healthy is its gift.. There is no reason to insist on that they 'have to' be killed, as long as you've the substitutes

I can respect someone who refrains from eating meat and using other animal based products for ethical reasons, but it's not healthy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...36340.html

And just for fun:

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.

To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold.

Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.”

-Anthony Bourdain

-----------------------

[Image: nigellagillian.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
12-09-2014, 03:44 PM
(12-09-2014 12:48 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 12:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  What about insects? Should we be careful with every step not to crush a bug? How many do we run over with our cars or explode on our windshields while driving? Is this type of killing ok because we are unaware of it?

All sentient beings matters, including insects Sleepy A lot of them die at farms and croplands, too like rats, snakes etc.- A vegan wouldn't think of killing the animal like if he's in 'Crisis Situation' , He or she would try to get rid of them in other ways with causing the least damage.. That's why he wouldn't drive, too I suppose Big Grin

What a f*ggot, eh?

Awareness and being sentient is clear on where you look at the subject, isn't it?

Edit1 : They don't eat honey as well

I think you misunderstand the term 'sentient'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2014, 05:29 PM
I'll be happy when I quit hearing the word vegan. I've grown rather sick of it.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
12-09-2014, 05:37 PM
What's atheism got to do with diet?

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-09-2014, 05:39 PM
(12-09-2014 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What's atheism got to do with diet?

Babies.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-09-2014, 09:26 PM
(12-09-2014 11:50 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  Hi folks, the title might seem 'extreme' for some but let's go with it Big Grin

I've a simple considering, we all care about human rights and see the religions far away from that line, but how about animals, human evolution and religions all together ? Why aren't we compassionate to them as well as we are to humans ? We are againts killing and genocide of humans but why not to animal slaughters which can be considered as holocaust by 50 billion land animals per year ? There's no hippie here, there's only a guy thinks of adding animals, too to its compassion circle and also believes that humans are not in the center of this universe (as well as many of you believe it maybe..) I didn't have any emotional triggerings on veganism debate because I didn't care a lot about the death of them in reality, I just thought like If it's possible and healthier to go on without flesh or anything that causes animals to be used, enslaved and at last killed, I would just go through with it. But of course without forcing or intimidating people to be like me..(That's what is we are all opposed to)

So what do you guys think ? They've killed animals for sacrificing since my childhood and I think I've got an apathy for this but have you ever seen and felt bad about a dead animal on the street or smw. ? Is speciesism what really matters ?

Peace Lamo

Keywords : Vegan, Nutrition, Harvard and Oxford Vegetarian Studies, Animal Holocaust, Hippie, Schopenhauer, Dostoyevski, Tolstoy, Gandhi, Al Maari, Plant Perception, Central Nervous System, Cognitive Functions in animals ..

Hi and welcome to the forums (first time I have seen you anyways)!

You probably won't find much good discussion on this topic, but you are welcome to try. I of course would be incline to agree with you Wink.
12-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Yeah I am staying out of this one. I thought I had killed the whole "you can't get protein from plants" and "veganism isn't healthy" debate a while ago. Bunch of great guys and gals here but they aren't much receptive to the vegan argument. Carry on Thumbsup .
12-09-2014, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 09:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-09-2014 09:30 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Yeah I am staying out of this one. I thought I had killed the whole "you can't get protein from plants" and "veganism isn't healthy" debate a while ago. Bunch of great guys and gals here but they aren't much receptive to the vegan argument. Carry on Thumbsup .

Entomophagy is both more humane and healthier than veganism. Not only that, it will save the world from famine.

That carrot don't die when you pull its orange ass from the ground. Just cause you can't hear it scream a long slow death don't mean the carrot ain't screaming.

Plants > insects in "compassion circle".

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post