Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2014, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 02:41 AM by Riqposso.)
RE: Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?
(12-09-2014 05:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What's atheism got to do with diet?

Babies.

It's not a diet

(12-09-2014 03:33 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can respect someone who refrains from eating meat and using other animal based products for ethical reasons, but it's not healthy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...36340.html

And just for fun:

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.

To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold.

Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.”

-Anthony Bourdain

-----------------------

[Image: nigellagillian.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

Population-based statistics means 'how do I make people believe to my lie?' Also there are hot Vegan chicks, too

(12-09-2014 09:26 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forums (first time I have seen you anyways)!

You probably won't find much good discussion on this topic, but you are welcome to try. I of course would be incline to agree with you Wink.

I've not been much active for some other reasons but thank you, I'll need help a lot both in this topic and some other, I also need to be convinced on some matter on this veganism thing Tongue

You can't imagine how goddamnparticle hard it is to maintain a 'vegan' diet(it's hard to say even vegan 'cuz It's just salad and starving)

So I'm more alike pescatarian in this age.. Still It's good to know a Vegan is here mate, respect Bowing

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tabathaleggett/i...tar#ojilxm *In a Parallel Universe*

His neighbour brings Ashure , They eat it with bread !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2014, 09:40 AM
(13-09-2014 12:52 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 05:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Babies.

It's not a diet

(12-09-2014 03:33 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can respect someone who refrains from eating meat and using other animal based products for ethical reasons, but it's not healthy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...36340.html

And just for fun:

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.

To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold.

Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.”

-Anthony Bourdain

-----------------------

[Image: nigellagillian.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

Population-based statistics means 'how do I make people believe to my lie?' Also there are hot Vegan chicks, too

(12-09-2014 09:26 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forums (first time I have seen you anyways)!

You probably won't find much good discussion on this topic, but you are welcome to try. I of course would be incline to agree with you Wink.

I've not been much active for some other reasons but thank you, I'll need help a lot both in this topic and some other, I also need to be convinced on some matter on this veganism thing Tongue

You can't imagine how goddamnparticle hard it is to maintain a 'vegan' diet(it's hard to say even vegan 'cuz It's just salad and starving)

So I'm more alike pescatarian in this age.. Still It's good to know a Vegan is here mate, respect Bowing

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tabathaleggett/i...tar#ojilxm *In a Parallel Universe*

If you want some food ideas or some recipes feel free to drop me a PM. I live vegan on a budget, get most of my food from my local grocer (walmart), and I rarely eat either salads or tofu.

Best of luck on your journey. Keep thinking, keep feeling Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
13-09-2014, 10:56 AM
(13-09-2014 12:52 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  Population-based statistics means 'how do I make people believe to my lie?'

You may have a point about population studies. However, it does sound a little bit like "[The China Study] calling the kettle black." Laughat

Let's give this a try: http://chriskresser.com/why-you-should-t...egan-diets

Have fun with all the pubmed links in the article!

(13-09-2014 12:52 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  Also there are hot Vegan chicks, too

There are more hot non-vegan chicks.

However, my own n=1 vegan experiment started with a hot vegan chick, so this can't be so easily dismissed. Blush

The conclusion is that after almost two years as a vegan, I felt like crap, and if I have anything to say about it, TVP and vital wheat gluten will never pass my lips again even if I did make some kick-ass vegan meals (relatively speaking...) No

Vegan Nachos

[Image: Vegan_Nachos002_zps60511f87.jpg]
[Image: Vegan_Nachos009_zpsf13c1cbb.jpg]

Grilled "steak" sandwich

[Image: 0212_zps77061c18.jpg]

My staple was red beans and rice because they combine to form a complete protein and I didn't want to live entirely on processed meat alternatives. However, in order to get enough protein, I had to consume more carbohydrates than I really wanted, and unfortunately it showed on my waistline.

I realize I could supplement with pea protein powder, and find other ways to make up for deficiencies in a 100% plant based diet or I could just drop it and go back to the mixed diet my body evolved on.

The effort required to meet human nutritional requirements on a plant based diet kind of reminds me of the way Christian apologists work so hard to invent a theology that explains why God acts in a way that is identical to there being no god at all. So in the same way I dropped the Christian religion, I also dropped the Vegan religion. And now, life is good. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
13-09-2014, 11:05 AM
I think the important thing to learn here is that it's fine to do whatever you want for yourself, but if you start going around condemning people for having different subjective personal opinions as to the morality of ways of treating other animals, you're going to have a bad time.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
13-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Now if only someone would start an Atheist Feminists for Veganism thread
the forum would be complete. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-09-2014, 11:38 AM
(13-09-2014 10:56 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  My staple was red beans and rice because they combine to form a complete protein

What is 'a complete protein'?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-09-2014, 11:47 AM
(13-09-2014 11:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 10:56 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  My staple was red beans and rice because they combine to form a complete protein

What is 'a complete protein'?Consider

Adequate source of all 9 of the essential amino acids.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-09-2014, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 12:00 PM by Riqposso.)
(13-09-2014 10:56 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 12:52 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  Population-based statistics means 'how do I make people believe to my lie?'

You may have a point about population studies. However, it does sound a little bit like "[The China Study] calling the kettle black." Laughat

Let's give this a try: http://chriskresser.com/why-you-should-t...egan-diets

Have fun with all the pubmed links in the article!

(13-09-2014 12:52 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  Also there are hot Vegan chicks, too

There are more hot non-vegan chicks.

However, my own n=1 vegan experiment started with a hot vegan chick, so this can't be so easily dismissed. Blush

The conclusion is that after almost two years as a vegan, I felt like crap, and if I have anything to say about it, TVP and vital wheat gluten will never pass my lips again even if I did make some kick-ass vegan meals (relatively speaking...) No

Vegan Nachos

[Image: Vegan_Nachos002_zps60511f87.jpg]
[Image: Vegan_Nachos009_zpsf13c1cbb.jpg]

Grilled "steak" sandwich

[Image: 0212_zps77061c18.jpg]

My staple was red beans and rice because they combine to form a complete protein and I didn't want to live entirely on processed meat alternatives. However, in order to get enough protein, I had to consume more carbohydrates than I really wanted, and unfortunately it showed on my waistline.

I realize I could supplement with pea protein powder, and find other ways to make up for deficiencies in a 100% plant based diet or I could just drop it and go back to the mixed diet my body evolved on.

The effort required to meet human nutritional requirements on a plant based diet kind of reminds me of the way Christian apologists work so hard to invent a theology that explains why God acts in a way that is identical to there being no god at all. So in the same way I dropped the Christian religion, I also dropped the Vegan religion. And now, life is good. Thumbsup

My friend Smile Please screw the people who acts like this is a 'religion', and also please let us not think that our failure on a particular diet is the fault of the diet itself... You might have felt sth. real, sth. makes you feel like crap- but why to blame whole vegan diet ? I like Chris Kresser a lot, I think that he is an objective scientist maybe.. But there is a lot in the link that is needed to be talked, all of those nutrients(Calcium, Iron, B12 etc.) can be obtained in ways that he didn't talk out!(I'm serious, not just supplements- Comment line..)

If the Veganism didn't have a harmony or sense in itself, no one would take it seriously ! There is a lot to consider, but not in once 'cuz that's not the way science works Smartass

I see vegan hot chicks only in the internet Weeping If I had someone to help me in my town, I'd never think of meat again.. You might think It's not true but I was(still trying) the only Vegan in the whole city most probably ! No one has an idea about this stuff in where I live
They thought I had chronic illneses or mental problems etc. or thought like 'thinks he's elit' xD lol damnn dude

Under these conditions I've been like that for about 7 months with the hatred all 'round me Big Grin And you know wha ? It wasn't that bad ! My mother tried to make dishes that suits my appetite, At school I tried a bit harder and ate outside ..
There's always a way if we believe in it(Yes, We can! Obama pays me) no denies on its being hard..

Btw I hate most legumes but love nuts and seeds, so I ate them ! You as well gotta try to form your own eating habit ! Tahini and Pekmez are my loved ones for example Big Grin And the diet is sub-issue ! Real thing is caring about the death of the animal, thinking it's somehow wrong or maybe feeling the undesired pain of its suffering Confused
If you don't care(Apathetic to its death), why give up its taste ? Rolleyes Facepalm

About the religion, you all know the sacrifice thing in muslim countries and I grew up like that, still I always wondered how it's to be 'the' animal bleeding and suffering in front of me, cut its head off .. I had apathy after these rituals that were formed since my 7 years old- Now I see it's not so 'naive' but I'm not yelling out people like 'I hate you all, you're doing wrong', rather I wanna talk this to them in a creative and non-violent way, This is our motto

(13-09-2014 11:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I think the important thing to learn here is that it's fine to do whatever you want for yourself, but if you start going around condemning people for having different subjective personal opinions as to the morality of ways of treating other animals, you're going to have a bad time.

Creative and Non-violently my friend !1!!!1!!11!!! You're right

About the Gluten

His neighbour brings Ashure , They eat it with bread !
13-09-2014, 12:00 PM
(13-09-2014 11:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 11:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is 'a complete protein'?Consider

Adequate source of all 9 of the essential amino acids.

Thanks.

It's a slightly odd term for a mixture of proteins.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-09-2014, 12:02 PM
That beef stew I have cooking is going to be my closest encounter with vegetables in weeks. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post