Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2014, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 01:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Atheism: A milestone on the road of Veganism ?
Think I'd have no problem going vegetarian if I was eating Indian cuisine. They know their spices so well that I won't miss meat. Not sure what the difference between vegetarian and vegan is though. Vegetarian seems viable and sensible enough. Vegan seems more ,like some sorta extreme faction of vegetarianism which values the life of insects and other meat over the life of plants. I find that wrong-headed.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-09-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 12:10 PM by Riqposso.)
(13-09-2014 12:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 11:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Adequate source of all 9 of the essential amino acids.

Thanks.

It's a slightly odd term for a mixture of proteins.

You're the scientist, sir! You can enlighten us about protein and being sentient Shy

(13-09-2014 12:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That beef stew I have cooking is going to be my closest encounter with vegetables in weeks. Tongue

Too much Carnivore but that's a start Smile

(13-09-2014 12:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think I'd have no problem going vegetarian if I was eating Indian cuisine. They know their spices so well that I won't miss meat. Not sure what the difference between vegetarian and vegan is though. Vegetarian seems viable and sensible enough. Vegan seems more ,like some sorta extreme faction of vegetarianism which values the life of insects and other meat before the life of plants. I find that wrong-headed.

It's like Mysticism Tongue Sufis in Anatolia were pretty Vegan, or the Arab Atheist Al Ma'arri

His neighbour brings Ashure , They eat it with bread !
13-09-2014, 12:11 PM
First off, please do not equate "atheist" as being a group of sheep, we are not. "Atheist" is a position, not a club or loyalty oath.

Now as far as animals, I am fine with arguing for better treatment. But I find it fucking absurd on a planet of 7 billion that any one group would presume even for it's own members a utopia that will not exist.

You are not going to rid 7 billion people of our omnivore evolution. PERIOD. I am only against killing endangered species or pollution any species ecosystem. I am also against trophy hunting, but not hunting where you eat the animal.

Utopias do not exist and I will call out even atheists who suggest by proxy of not believing that we owe each other blind loyalty.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2014, 12:25 PM
(13-09-2014 12:06 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 12:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Thanks.

It's a slightly odd term for a mixture of proteins.

You're the scientist, sir! You can enlighten us about protein and being sentient Shy

(13-09-2014 12:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That beef stew I have cooking is going to be my closest encounter with vegetables in weeks. Tongue

(13-09-2014 12:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think I'd have no problem going vegetarian if I was eating Indian cuisine. They know their spices so well that I won't miss meat. Not sure what the difference between vegetarian and vegan is though. Vegetarian seems viable and sensible enough. Vegan seems more ,like some sorta extreme faction of vegetarianism which values the life of insects and other meat before the life of plants. I find that wrong-headed.

It's like Mysticism Tongue Sufis in Anatolia were pretty Vegan, or the Arab Atheist Al Ma'arri

So woo then. Veganism is just a milestone on the road to Breatharianism.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-09-2014, 12:29 PM
(13-09-2014 12:11 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  First off, please do not equate "atheist" as being a group of sheep, we are not. "Atheist" is a position, not a club or loyalty oath.

Now as far as animals, I am fine with arguing for better treatment. But I find it fucking absurd on a planet of 7 billion that any one group would presume even for it's own members a utopia that will not exist.

You are not going to rid 7 billion people of our omnivore evolution. PERIOD. I am only against killing endangered species or pollution any species ecosystem. I am also against trophy hunting, but not hunting where you eat the animal.

Utopias do not exist and I will call out even atheists who suggest by proxy of not believing that we owe each other blind loyalty.

I didn't equated as a group, rather having a 'free-mind'- So yeah, position of no dogmas, no unquestioned beliefs or evil

No one thinks of the 7 billion becomes Vegan just in once, but eventually Laugh out load

Evolution is sth. else, we're not denying the history of meat- Veganism is an ethical position and it's not about 'Animal Wellfare' , It's about animal consumption, slavery and position in this world that it simply states beings that are sentient, cognitively functioning and desiring to live should not be exploited. If there's no need for the consumption, we can have arguments on whether it tastes good or not and see which one is logical, empathetical and sensitive ..

There's difference between Utopia and Activism

To question or not to question, that's the question Big Grin

(13-09-2014 12:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 12:06 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  You're the scientist, sir! You can enlighten us about protein and being sentient Shy

So woo then. Veganism is just a milestone on the road to Breatharianism.

Haha you've the revelation Big Grin

13-09-2014, 12:51 PM
(13-09-2014 12:29 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  To question or not to question, that's the question Big Grin

Always question the question.

13-09-2014, 01:21 PM
(13-09-2014 12:29 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  It's about animal consumption, slavery and position in this world that it simply states beings that are sentient, cognitively functioning and desiring to live should not be exploited. If there's no need for the consumption, we can have arguments on whether it tastes good or not and see which one is logical, empathetical and sensitive ..

If we can argue that why not argue no more fruit. I mean we can get everything we can in fruit from vegetables. Also no more beans, we can get more from meat than beans. Why not no more nuts, we can get all we can from nuts from beans. We can all argue that we don't need certain things and we only eat them because they taste good. Not to mention meat is the most powerful protein source around. There is a reason why vegans have problems with protein . There is a reason many vegans are not as big as there omnivore brothers. Meat protein is easier to digest, whether it be chicken, fish, beef, lamb, turkey, pork, or seafood. Animal protein beats plant protein, as meat protein is easier for humans to digest.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-09-2014, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 01:30 PM by Riqposso.)
(13-09-2014 12:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 12:29 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  To question or not to question, that's the question Big Grin

Always question the question.

[Image: one-does-not-simply-ask-a-question-without-memes.jpg]

(13-09-2014 01:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 12:29 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  It's about animal consumption, slavery and position in this world that it simply states beings that are sentient, cognitively functioning and desiring to live should not be exploited. If there's no need for the consumption, we can have arguments on whether it tastes good or not and see which one is logical, empathetical and sensitive ..

If we can argue that why not argue no more fruit. I mean we can get everything we can in fruit from vegetables. Also no more beans, we can get more from meat than beans. Why not no more nuts, we can get all we can from nuts from beans. We can all argue that we don't need certain things and we only eat them because they taste good. Not to mention meat is the most powerful protein source around. There is a reason why vegans have problems with protein . There is a reason many vegans are not as big as there omnivore brothers. Meat protein is easier to digest, whether it be chicken, fish, beef, lamb, turkey, pork, or seafood. Animal protein beats plant protein, as meat protein is easier for humans to digest.

It was never about eliminating certain foods from the list. It's about sentient beings and if we have responsibilities for them as they're not lacking on feeling, desiring and wanting to survive just like most of us. C'mon people, protein in seitan or tofu is enough to reconsider all these.

13-09-2014, 01:30 PM
(13-09-2014 01:22 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 12:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Always question the question.

[Image: one-does-not-simply-ask-a-question-without-memes.jpg]

(13-09-2014 01:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If we can argue that why not argue no more fruit. I mean we can get everything we can in fruit from vegetables. Also no more beans, we can get more from meat than beans. Why not no more nuts, we can get all we can from nuts from beans. We can all argue that we don't need certain things and we only eat them because they taste good. Not to mention meat is the most powerful protein source around. There is a reason why vegans have problems with protein . There is a reason many vegans are not as big as there omnivore brothers. Meat protein is easier to digest, whether it be chicken, fish, beef, lamb, turkey, pork, or seafood. Animal protein beats plant protein, as meat protein is easier for humans to digest.

It was never about eliminating certain foods from the list. It's about sentient beings and if we have responsibilities for them as they're not lacking on feeling, desiring and wanting to survive just like most of us. C'mon people, protein in seitan or tofu is enough to reconsider all these.

We all gonna die. Drinking Beverage

13-09-2014, 01:30 PM
(13-09-2014 01:22 PM)Riqposso Wrote:  It was never about eliminating certain foods from the list. It's about sentient beings and if we have responsibilities for them as they're not lacking on feeling, desiring and wanting to survive just like most of us. C'mon people, protein in seitan or tofu is enough to reconsider all these.

How about you consider the fact that tofu and seitan don't have as much as meat. A small chicken wing has around 10g of protein, that is as much as the average size of tofu. Beef packs a near 20g. To add those stay, so if you had a 20g protein tofu vs a small chicken wing of 15, you would get more from the chicken as you can digest all those. As one who has gotten bigger over the years, I can tell you meat has been a much better protein than soy or beans.

Oh the animal can feel, let me tell you something I don't give a fuck. I have to eat, and so does the family, I ain't making my family eat no sufficient tofu when I can kill they cow and feed the rich organic beef. Humans are animals, like all animals we just don't give fucks when it comes to animals that don't help them(also most animals that help us are food)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube