Atheism Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2012, 01:27 AM
RE: Atheism Debunked
What ^ Logisch said x 2

I'll also add that if you want to debunk a non-belief, then you need to provide evidence that YOUR claim is true.

Debunk the following non-beliefs in your spare time.
"I don't believe that there is a herd of unicorns on the dark side of the moon"
"I don't believe that my balls are kissed by Aphrodite right before I fall asleep"
and lastly "I don't believe the regurgitated crap that you spew out on this forum"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
21-06-2012, 01:40 AM
O.K lets accept , just for arguments sake, that an intelligent vivifying force, pre big bang, set things into motion. Even if we accept this, why attribute any ethical long term partnership for those planned, by this mysterious force?

In thinking beings are end products or constucts of this mega mind why would it be incumbent upon us, other than through coercion, based on the experiment, to joyfully extol the glory of god, when all about us nature has been filled with intense suffering that greatly outweighs any intermittent pleasures.

Creationists, in jumping from a first cause scenario, quite unjustifiably start speaking of god's perfect nature, seemingly seeing this as inherent in a mysterious causality. One might just as well claim that an evil cosmic scientist is playing gross mind games, but of course we need the lovey dovey stuff to fill the church coffers and keep that industry afloat.
21-06-2012, 02:08 AM
At one time or another we all ask "Why are we here" ?
The easy answer is "Because where the conditions are right for life, life will exist"

"Why does grass grow in the cracks of a sidewalk" ?
"Because it can. Because the conditions for it to grow there have been met"

The universe is a thing. It has physical laws that we have discovered that give it definition. This is what it is because this is what it is.
It's expanding and we can chart that expansion back in time to say that it wasn't always as it is now. At one time it was something else that we can't quite describe yet.

The fourth of July is coming up in the US and I'm sure most of you know what a firecracker is. The explosion of the firecracker isn't it's beginning, but if you were inside that explosion, that's really all you know about. You can't say much of anything else about before the explosion.

Now If I want I could make up some story about the universe being a firecracker in some other very large macro world and god is a 10 yr old kid with a lit punk who has been setting off firecracker universes for the past hour (relatively speaking) and from a religious point of view, it makes as much sense as any other religion out there, but the fact is that I made it up and the people that wrote any of the holy books that have ever been written about any gods also made up their own stories to try and explain something they couldn't understand.

It's just that simple

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
21-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Who the fuck is this guy now? Just comes here and demands proof for something we never claimed, but fails to give proof FOR HIS THEORIES??

Asshole, WHERE IS YOUR PROOF FOR A CREATOR???????

We do not need to debunk something that was never proven!

My God how annoyed I get from people who act like OP...

Let's move along.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
21-06-2012, 02:19 AM
(21-06-2012 02:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  Who the fuck is this guy now? Just comes here and demands proof for something we never claimed, but fails to give proof FOR HIS THEORIES??

Asshole, WHERE IS YOUR PROOF FOR A CREATOR???????

We do not need to debunk something that was never proven!

My God how annoyed I get from people who act like OP...

Let's move along.
We can just start responding with this.
[Image: nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg]
21-06-2012, 02:27 AM
I made a rage comic for this thread.
[Image: m2sbY.png]
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
21-06-2012, 03:10 AM
After seeing so many atheist videos here in the past year, when someone says they can "disprove atheism" I now go to "wow, you have proven every single god that ever has been, is here now, and ever will be?" Then I laugh thinking of how the universe was created--all the gods were bashing each other over the head screaming "NO I'm going to create it this way!" and then they all blew themselves up in the way over who will create the universe, thereby creating the universe.

But yeah... I now see "disproving atheism" as acknowledging that all other beliefs are true, or at least agree that their god isn't the only god, just one god of many.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
21-06-2012, 03:19 AM
(21-06-2012 03:10 AM)elemts Wrote:  After seeing so many atheist videos here in the past year, when someone says they can "disprove atheism" I now go to "wow, you have proven every single god that ever has been, is here now, and ever will be?" Then I laugh thinking of how the universe was created--all the gods were bashing each other over the head screaming "NO I'm going to create it this way!" and then they all blew themselves up in the way over who will create the universe, thereby creating the universe.

But yeah... I now see "disproving atheism" as acknowledging that all other beliefs are true, or at least agree that their god isn't the only god, just one god of many.
NOOOOO they've finally figured me out! My disbelief in zeus has been proved wrong!
21-06-2012, 04:37 AM
You know what?

I find it very encouraging and reassuring that the gods have been relegated to the role of merely the "fire-starter".

I feel like we are just a few small facts away from global atheism.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-06-2012, 05:09 AM
[Image: funny-animal-gifs-bring-it-yo.gif]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post