Atheism Defined Historically

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Atheism Defined Historically
(07-01-2015 08:25 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote: I think that Paul is defending the Hebrew God as the true God

Except 'paul' was a creation of Marcion....or at least no one seems to have heard of him until Marcion came along....and Marcion throught Yahweh was shit.

Marcion of Sinope? Born 85 AD, decades after Paul's martyrdom? If you date Paul's epistles that late the first Jews and proselytes to read them would have said "No, Paul was not there when Stephen was martyred because he wasn't born for decades still..." etc. and there would not have been an explosion of Christian faith at the time...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 10:46 AM
(09-01-2015 10:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 08:25 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Except 'paul' was a creation of Marcion....or at least no one seems to have heard of him until Marcion came along....and Marcion throught Yahweh was shit.

Marcion of Sinope? Born 85 AD, decades after Paul's martyrdom? If you date Paul's epistles that late the first Jews and proselytes to read them would have said "No, Paul was not there when Stephen was martyred because he wasn't born for decades still..." etc. and there would not have been an explosion of Christian faith at the time...

Oh irony, how about Paul's writing about Jesus decades after he died despite never knowing him?

Even if the authors were trustworthy, (they're not) do you really think the bible hasn't been redacted to the point of making it a ridiculous text to derive any truth from?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2015, 12:02 PM
(09-01-2015 10:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I experienced the presence of the divine.

There's a pill for that.

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-01-2015, 11:10 AM
(09-01-2015 10:46 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 10:40 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Marcion of Sinope? Born 85 AD, decades after Paul's martyrdom? If you date Paul's epistles that late the first Jews and proselytes to read them would have said "No, Paul was not there when Stephen was martyred because he wasn't born for decades still..." etc. and there would not have been an explosion of Christian faith at the time...

Oh irony, how about Paul's writing about Jesus decades after he died despite never knowing him?

Even if the authors were trustworthy, (they're not) do you really think the bible hasn't been redacted to the point of making it a ridiculous text to derive any truth from?

And the issues are:

Marcion wasn't born before 85 AD so if Paul's writing appeared only then the readers would say "Baloney. We know this is a fabrication." whereas Paul is writing much closer to the actual events. Did Paul write Acts? No one I know, conservative or liberal, believes he did so. Paul/Saul is in Acts consenting to Stephen's death and receiving the gospel via Jesus.

Also, in Acts 6 the death of Christ has already occurred, months, perhaps years before. False charges are brought against two disciples that they are preaching that Jesus will RETURN AND DESTROY THE TEMPLE AND LAWKEEPING. Isn't that a perfect time for a Pharisee or two to say THERE'S HIS TOMB JUST OUTSIDE TOWN WITH A ROCK IN FRONT OF IT so this charge should be thrown out of our presence...?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.