Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"
(23-11-2015 05:34 PM)Keiya Wrote:  
Quote: God was forced to have the women raped? He couldn't find a way to punish David that didn't involve harming innocent parties?
Everything is written this way to teach a theological point of view. Its not up to us to pick and choose Smile

Are you ever going to actually answer a question or will you just continue to duck and weave? If you can't justify raping of innocent women as punishment for a man who disobeyed, just say so.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Book of Daniel. Well the point is Jesus quoted it. Thats what matters Smile. But i sorta knew this already. But i am thankful for mentioning it ^^
Quote:Are you ever going to actually answer a question or will you just continue to duck and weave? If you can't justify raping of innocent women as punishment for a man who disobeyed, just say so.
Its more that you didnt like my answer i believe. I said, bad stuff happens because people didnt follow god. this was one example of it. Thats the main idea basically. Much of the god in the old testament does this to people because they want to follow their ways, and not his ways.
23-11-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 07:20 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(23-11-2015 07:11 PM)Keiya Wrote:  Book of Daniel. Well the point is Jesus quoted it. Thats what matters Smile. But i sorta knew this already. But i am thankful for mentioning it ^^

NO the point is Daniel is pseudepigrapha, and we have no idea of anything that the man called jesus from nazareth said as he never wrote anything down, and no one who ever wrote of jesus knew him.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-11-2015, 07:15 PM
"Christian theology is far too twisted to make any sense at all. No wonder you have to use faith to accept it; reason just dies quietly in the corner when faced with this." ~ unfogged

Bowing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-11-2015, 07:18 PM
(23-11-2015 07:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 07:11 PM)Keiya Wrote:  Book of Daniel. Well the point is Jesus quoted it. Thats what matters Smile. But i sorta knew this already. But i am thankful for mentioning it ^^

NO the point is Daniel is pseudepigrapha, and we jave no idea of anything that the man called jesus from nazareth said as he never wrote anything down, and no one who ever wrote of jesus knew him.

Thats what ultimate sceptics says. Its reason why i believe, and not use that type of reasoning. Like i understand why some people may feel that. But i just choose to trust the sources from my knowledge of what we have.

The fact that galatians 2 confirms Paul's preaching the gospels, and in his letters he mentions " jesus death, ressurection and stuff" and scolars agree to crucifixion as historical fact. Whether or not you are sceptical of what is in the gospels. I just call that ultimate scepticism, which i concluded to not go with ^^ But i understand why some feel it.
23-11-2015, 07:21 PM
(23-11-2015 06:52 PM)Keiya Wrote:  
Quote:Chas

Yes. Because its the idea to not accept god in your life. And thats usually comes with practices. But dont get me wrong. Its hypocritical if a religious is all awe when he/she doesn't practice what he/she believes. So they too are accountable if they dont follow what they preach.

Its terms of morality. Since people who disbelieve have a subjective form of morality, which i argue that. Lets say i think its ok to cheat on my wife if it doesn't hurt her? Psychologically its bad for example, do they really mean that?

Thats the problem i have with it. And thats why i think its just to have some form of judgement in terms of this with faith. Since it involves putting your trust in god and accept that he knows the best way for us.

Quote: If cheating on your wife would cause her psychological stress then that would be harm in my book.
True. But for the sake of argument, lets say there is a swinger couple, and she thinks its ok. But inside she doesnt feel its right. So she feels uncomfortable. Thats the idea of subjectiveness. It can open room to that stuff which i argue against. And that having absolute morality is a better way to live, to know you can trust someone because you are on the right path which god have made it to each other.
Quote:Please address the point of infinite punishment for the very finite 'crime' of disobeying.

Its easy. If you don't accept God, and try to live your way he wants you. Then you wont have eternal life. Which is the idea you get from the wrathful god in the old testament, he detest people living the life they want and not his.

Which is why god wants what is best for us, to have an objective judgement on good and evil. In this case, it is to do stuff human like, and not what god likes.

Step 1. Provide evidence that a god exists. *

*Little hint here. A book that says a god exists isn't proof that a god exists.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-11-2015, 07:26 PM
(23-11-2015 07:18 PM)Keiya Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 07:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  NO the point is Daniel is pseudepigrapha, and we jave no idea of anything that the man called jesus from nazareth said as he never wrote anything down, and no one who ever wrote of jesus knew him.

Thats what ultimate sceptics says. Its reason why i believe, and not use that type of reasoning. Like i understand why some people may feel that. But i just choose to trust the sources from my knowledge of what we have.

The fact that galatians 2 confirms Paul's preaching the gospels, and in his letters he mentions " jesus death, ressurection and stuff" and scolars agree to crucifixion as historical fact. Whether or not you are sceptical of what is in the gospels. I just call that ultimate scepticism, which i concluded to not go with ^^ But i understand why some feel it.

Blink

NO that is what EVIDENCE shows.Trusting the "sources" when the sources have been proven to be false, fiction, or forgery is indicative of willful ignorance. Paul had an agenda as the new leader of the cult, and anything he says is suspect. Again, a Crucifixion does not a god make, and is certainly not the litmus test for discerning if the guy nailed to a piece of wood was divine in anyway. It isn't a case of being skeptical, it is a case of having the requisite IQ to comprehend the evidence that shows it is false, fiction, and forgery.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-11-2015, 07:33 PM
(23-11-2015 07:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 06:52 PM)Keiya Wrote:  Yes. Because its the idea to not accept god in your life. And thats usually comes with practices. But dont get me wrong. Its hypocritical if a religious is all awe when he/she doesn't practice what he/she believes. So they too are accountable if they dont follow what they preach.

Its terms of morality. Since people who disbelieve have a subjective form of morality, which i argue that. Lets say i think its ok to cheat on my wife if it doesn't hurt her? Psychologically its bad for example, do they really mean that?

Thats the problem i have with it. And thats why i think its just to have some form of judgement in terms of this with faith. Since it involves putting your trust in god and accept that he knows the best way for us.

True. But for the sake of argument, lets say there is a swinger couple, and she thinks its ok. But inside she doesnt feel its right. So she feels uncomfortable. Thats the idea of subjectiveness. It can open room to that stuff which i argue against. And that having absolute morality is a better way to live, to know you can trust someone because you are on the right path which god have made it to each other.

Its easy. If you don't accept God, and try to live your way he wants you. Then you wont have eternal life. Which is the idea you get from the wrathful god in the old testament, he detest people living the life they want and not his.

Which is why god wants what is best for us, to have an objective judgement on good and evil. In this case, it is to do stuff human like, and not what god likes.

Step 1. Provide evidence that a god exists. *

*Little hint here. A book that says a god exists isn't proof that a god exists.

True. Its philosophical. I can't prove something outside of our world exists. Faith is a philosophical concept. But i am just not that sceptical i guess ^^
23-11-2015, 07:40 PM
You guys are using words with waaaaaay too many syllables. Try to limit it to 2 if you want to make any headway here.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
23-11-2015, 07:42 PM
(23-11-2015 10:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I get that God hates what we do and was trying to prove a point in the OT. That makes sense if God was a tyrant. But you can't be a tyrant and then call yourself "just" and "loving." If God loved his creation, he would never do all the evil things he did to the biblical people for disobeying (rape/smiting/stoning/starvation/disease/curses/etc.). Think about how you would feel if it was a person doing those things. What would you think of that person? Think about how you would discipline your child for disobeying? Would you ever even consider doing what God did to them?

God wasn't always filled with wrath in the OT. Sometimes God did shitty things just to see how much people loved him (Abraham and his son/Job).

This is the same God who spent a couple of thousand years plotting the murder of His own Son and called it love! Ya gotta be kidding, right? Dd you catch that wink?No