Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"
(23-11-2015 11:24 AM)izel Wrote:  I don't k ow bible that well, but I'm reading it. What I don't like as far as Quran goes, if man goes to heaven he'll have 7 gorgeous virgins, so beautiful that you'll be able to see through their skin. Not joking, that is exactly how it says. But, what about me? When I asked a friend, her response was, you slut. What? Why? As women, we're being treated unfairly on earth and heaven. No thank you God, I won't pray to you and or devote my life to you if you going to treat me less than I deserve. See my problem with religion? I want my 7 bad boys in heaven or else.

I want a heaven filled with shoes Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
23-11-2015, 11:28 AM
(23-11-2015 11:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:24 AM)izel Wrote:  I don't k ow bible that well, but I'm reading it. What I don't like as far as Quran goes, if man goes to heaven he'll have 7 gorgeous virgins, so beautiful that you'll be able to see through their skin. Not joking, that is exactly how it says. But, what about me? When I asked a friend, her response was, you slut. What? Why? As women, we're being treated unfairly on earth and heaven. No thank you God, I won't pray to you and or devote my life to you if you going to treat me less than I deserve. See my problem with religion? I want my 7 bad boys in heaven or else.

That too Jenny, that too. Why can't he make us happy for once? Oh and my bad boys in heaven, better not be virgin. Shy

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
23-11-2015, 11:29 AM
(23-11-2015 11:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 10:58 AM)I Am Wrote:  <came back like a proverbial prodigal son>

Welcome back Smile

Thanks! That was one long campout. ;-) It's good to be back.
23-11-2015, 11:29 AM
(23-11-2015 11:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:06 AM)Keiya Wrote:  Well the reason evil exists is because wickedness is within people. So that can be anyone, even religious people are not excused if they do evil, which you shouldn't it should be expected. So the value doesn't go higher on that purpose. The thing is your life will change for the better if you believe, in stuff like "lets say you masturbate" its thing that eventually will go away, and a wife is worth forever in compared to stuff that you can get cheapily. And when you have sex with many you feel psychologically wronged by it. Not all may feel by it. Maybe if some bad stuff have happend in their life, which may be the reason why some become religious. But its not the same as true happiness i think.

Its true. But the people went away from god, which is why prophets prophciced of a savior who would save the jews. Thats where the new covenant comes in. That anyone can if they accept Jesus as their lord and savior. That was his gift to the world.

As for that. Its true. The covenant is still valid. He came to fulfill it. You can see examples like when he says nothing that you eat will defile you but what comes out of you will like "lewdness, theft, murder" which jesus speaks about.

Nice try. You can stop preaching any time now. We are not simpletons as you seem to be. There is no difference between humans now and before Jebus, so "salvation" did not work. Many religious people are evil, and you have no evidence that people's lives are better, as believers. Prove it. Prophesy is not "prediction of the future" so I see you have no education in Biblical Study.
Your presumptions about behavior tell us more about YOU, than they tell us about what atheists do. You can't even prove that Jesus ever existed. You seem to be under the completely ignorant assumption that HONEST people who really don't buy your garbage can somehow choose to believe. We can't. Is you god so stupid he doesn't know that people who REALLY don't beleieve can just *say* they do ? Look up the words"intellectual honesty". Jebus said "No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him". "Many are called but FEW are chosen". Now why would he say that if he picked EVERYONE ? You're a typical deluded fundie believer. We are not stupid.

I don't expect people to believe because they feel pressure into it. What point would that be? Thats like saying "Love your father or else i will beat you?". The thing is faith alone can't get you to believe, you need to understand it first. Even me myself couldn't understand what god was all about, so i never believed it. It was when i gathered knowledge and understood that "he wants us to go his way so that we may stay righteous that way".

Like the idea is not to force people, thats theocracy which i am totally against. I am more liking the idea to understanding, i dont think it will work just by saying "belief, or believe hard enough" its by understanding that one will know god. Atleast how i see it.

I am not against your non belief. Just saying that i am not in favour of persecution or any sort of stuff, thats horrible in my view.
23-11-2015, 11:30 AM
(23-11-2015 11:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

.... wait, with shoes?

Yes, your sole would be one with the upper realms and your tongue would speak only to God's holiness and be heeled of all the transgressions in which you've mistread, but in the back of your head wouldn't the whole enterprise buckle under the realization that the whole system was cobbled-together and really rather shoddy?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
23-11-2015, 11:31 AM
(23-11-2015 11:29 AM)Keiya Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice try. You can stop preaching any time now. We are not simpletons as you seem to be. There is no difference between humans now and before Jebus, so "salvation" did not work. Many religious people are evil, and you have no evidence that people's lives are better, as believers. Prove it. Prophesy is not "prediction of the future" so I see you have no education in Biblical Study.
Your presumptions about behavior tell us more about YOU, than they tell us about what atheists do. You can't even prove that Jesus ever existed. You seem to be under the completely ignorant assumption that HONEST people who really don't buy your garbage can somehow choose to believe. We can't. Is you god so stupid he doesn't know that people who REALLY don't beleieve can just *say* they do ? Look up the words"intellectual honesty". Jebus said "No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him". "Many are called but FEW are chosen". Now why would he say that if he picked EVERYONE ? You're a typical deluded fundie believer. We are not stupid.

I don't expect people to believe because they feel pressure into it. What point would that be? Thats like saying "Love your father or else i will beat you?". The thing is faith alone can't get you to believe, you need to understand it first. Even me myself couldn't understand what god was all about, so i never believed it. It was when i gathered knowledge and understood that "he wants us to go his way so that we may stay righteous that way".

Like the idea is not to force people, thats theocracy which i am totally against. I am more liking the idea to understanding, i dont think it will work just by saying "belief, or believe hard enough" its by understanding that one will know god. Atleast how i see it.

I am not against your non belief. Just saying that i am not in favour of persecution or any sort of stuff, thats horrible in my view.

The Bible advocates persecution.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-11-2015, 11:31 AM
(23-11-2015 11:30 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I want a heaven filled with shoes Tongue

.... wait, with shoes?

Yes, your sole would be one with the upper realms and your tongue would speak only to God's holiness and be heeled of all the transgressions in which you've mistread, but in the back of your head wouldn't the whole enterprise buckle under the realization that the whole system was cobbled-together and really rather shoddy?

Bowing Laugh out load

23-11-2015, 11:32 AM
(23-11-2015 11:29 AM)Keiya Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice try. You can stop preaching any time now. We are not simpletons as you seem to be. There is no difference between humans now and before Jebus, so "salvation" did not work. Many religious people are evil, and you have no evidence that people's lives are better, as believers. Prove it. Prophesy is not "prediction of the future" so I see you have no education in Biblical Study.

St. Paul said faith was a gift of (your) *spirit*. It didn't give it to us.
Get over it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-11-2015, 11:34 AM
(23-11-2015 11:28 AM)izel Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I want a heaven filled with shoes Tongue

That too Jenny, that too. Why can't he make us happy for once? Oh and my bad boys in heaven, better not be virgin. Shy

I want Jason Statham, a neverending supply of Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups, a shoe mountain, and a cloud to do yoga on. Hobo

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-11-2015, 11:36 AM
(23-11-2015 11:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:28 AM)izel Wrote:  That too Jenny, that too. Why can't he make us happy for once? Oh and my bad boys in heaven, better not be virgin. Shy

I want Jason Statham, a neverending supply of Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups, a shoe mountain, and a cloud to do yoga on. Hobo

Jennyyyy this is why I Heart you. You are the only one knows exactly what I'm thinking Tongue

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post