Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"
(23-11-2015 11:54 AM)Keiya Wrote:  But also because my life is better and rewards me because of the belief.

Drugs and beer do that also.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 12:45 PM
(23-11-2015 12:16 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Not sure you have a complete grasp on Christian doctrine, but you get the jest of it.

You may have meant "get the gist of it" but your wording is a whole lot funnier. Big Grin
And more accurate. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-11-2015, 12:46 PM
(23-11-2015 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:30 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... wait, with shoes?

Yes, your sole would be one with the upper realms and your tongue would speak only to God's holiness and be heeled of all the transgressions in which you've mistread, but in the back of your head wouldn't the whole enterprise buckle under the realization that the whole system was cobbled-together and really rather shoddy?

I'm not sure you're going to last here, you sneaker. So don't be causing any spats.

Quit clogging the thread with this; it isn't the platform for it. Do you wedge in these unrelated posts just to pump up your counts?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
23-11-2015, 12:48 PM
(23-11-2015 12:30 PM)Keiya Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  2 Samuel 12:11 " Thus says the Lord: I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives before your very eyes, and will give them to your neighbor: he shall lie with your wives in broad daylight." If you read further neighbor was his son. God also kills David's baby in this section. This was all done because *David* sinned against God.

I would rather get blackmailed for nude pics than get stoned to death for a variety of things like they did in the OT. Wink

You mean people who live next door? Wives from your household to...

NIV translation
“This is what the Lord says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight

KJV
1 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Its to serve a theological point. David was supposed to be rightoues, but he sinned in god's eyes. This is to show the consequences of doing evil.

Atleast how i see it.

Edit:
Quote: The obvious fact is that the second coming was not forthcoming at that time, or even close to being near. The 2000-year delay is a strong piece of evidence that Christianity is a failed religion.
This was one of the things i mentioned i think, that it came to massive scepticism. Its not impossible to think this... some will say.. well "The kingdom of god" is within you. But i wont discredit your doubt. Because this was the reason why i was so sceptical in the first place. The idea that this generation from my knowledge in old testament ment about 40 years from now.

What did David's wives do? What did David's baby do?

So God does evil to people to show consequences of people being evil? Got it Thumbsup
23-11-2015, 12:49 PM
(23-11-2015 12:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:16 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Not sure you have a complete grasp on Christian doctrine, but you get the jest of it.

You may have meant "get the gist of it" but your wording is a whole lot funnier. Big Grin
And more accurate. Dodgy

Surely you jest. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2015, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 01:06 PM by Keiya.)
(23-11-2015 12:48 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:30 PM)Keiya Wrote:  You mean people who live next door? Wives from your household to...

NIV translation
“This is what the Lord says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight

KJV
1 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Its to serve a theological point. David was supposed to be rightoues, but he sinned in god's eyes. This is to show the consequences of doing evil.

Atleast how i see it.

Edit:
This was one of the things i mentioned i think, that it came to massive scepticism. Its not impossible to think this... some will say.. well "The kingdom of god" is within you. But i wont discredit your doubt. Because this was the reason why i was so sceptical in the first place. The idea that this generation from my knowledge in old testament ment about 40 years from now.

What did David's wives do? What did David's baby do?

So God does evil to people to show consequences of people being evil? Got it Thumbsup
It affects stuff around you. If you do evil that may be the result of it. Basically the idea. Like if your government was corrupt for example.
Quote: Drugs and beer do that also.
Only in terms of a way of escaping this world. Its a way of self harm of an illusion. Sloth doesn't pay off that way, which is what drugs do. Although beers i won't comment too much about, aslong as you don't overdo it or stuff. Although drunkeness is not good itself.

Well it better my life because it helps my psychologically. I feel more inline with getting stuff done for example. Thats the part i kinda like about it ^^
23-11-2015, 01:08 PM
(23-11-2015 01:03 PM)Keiya Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:48 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What did David's wives do? What did David's baby do?

It affects stuff around you. If you do evil that may be the result of it. Basically the idea. Like if your government was corrupt for example.
Quote: Drugs and beer do that also.
Only in terms of a way of escaping this world. Its a way of self harm of an illusion. Sloth doesn't pay off that way, which is what drugs. Although beers i won't comment too much about, aslong as you don't overdo it or stuff. Although drunkeness is not good itself.

Well it better my life because it helps my psychologically. I feel more inline with getting stuff done for example. Thats the part i kinda like about it ^^

But God did evil to the women by making David's son rape them. It wasn't a natural cause and effect of someone's actions. God made it happen. That is an evil being.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-11-2015, 01:11 PM
(23-11-2015 12:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  You may have meant "get the gist of it" but your wording is a whole lot funnier. Big Grin
And more accurate. Dodgy

Surely you jest. Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-11-2015, 01:27 PM
(23-11-2015 12:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  

And more accurate. Dodgy

Did that on purpose Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-11-2015, 01:40 PM
(23-11-2015 11:29 AM)Keiya Wrote:  Thats like saying "Love your father or else i will beat you?"
As opposed to saying," I'll give you less than 150 years on Earth. Love and obey me or I'll burn and torture you for an eternity."

Seems legit.