Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Atheism: Ignorance on "the old and new covenant"
(23-11-2015 11:29 AM)Keiya Wrote:  I am not against your non belief. Just saying that i am not in favour of persecution or any sort of stuff, thats horrible in my view.
Your holy book demands you kill us atheists and the pagans.

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God..." (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

"Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword." (Deuteronomy 13:15)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-11-2015, 01:47 PM
(23-11-2015 12:46 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure you're going to last here, you sneaker. So don't be causing any spats.

Quit clogging the thread with this; it isn't the platform for it. Do you wedge in these unrelated posts just to pump up your counts?

All these pithy puns proposed. Makes me feel like a heel, I have not one. Oh wait.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-11-2015, 02:12 PM
(23-11-2015 01:03 PM)Keiya Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:48 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What did David's wives do? What did David's baby do?

So God does evil to people to show consequences of people being evil? Got it Thumbsup
It affects stuff around you. If you do evil that may be the result of it. Basically the idea. Like if your government was corrupt for example.
Quote: Drugs and beer do that also.
Only in terms of a way of escaping this world. Its a way of self harm of an illusion. Sloth doesn't pay off that way, which is what drugs do. Although beers i won't comment too much about, aslong as you don't overdo it or stuff. Although drunkeness is not good itself.

Well it better my life because it helps my psychologically. I feel more inline with getting stuff done for example. Thats the part i kinda like about it ^^

So you believe in Utilitarianism also. What is useful is what is good. Whether it's true or not, is irrelevant. Adderal (uppers) get more done too. But thanks for admitting religion is a psychologicical crutch for you, and is useful. Hitler thought that what was useful was what determined what was good also. Interesting ethic you got going there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-11-2015, 02:17 PM
(23-11-2015 01:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 12:46 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Quit clogging the thread with this; it isn't the platform for it. Do you wedge in these unrelated posts just to pump up your counts?

All these pithy puns proposed. Makes me feel like a heel, I have not one. Oh wait.
Trying to shoehorn one in?
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
23-11-2015, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 05:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-11-2015 02:17 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 01:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All these pithy puns proposed. Makes me feel like a heel, I have not one. Oh wait.
Trying to shoehorn one in?

Let it be or you will get socked. Weeping

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-11-2015, 03:16 PM
(23-11-2015 03:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 02:17 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Trying to shoehorn one in?

Let it be or you will socked. Weeping
OK, I'll walk a mile. Don't want to get the boot.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
23-11-2015, 04:15 PM
(23-11-2015 11:25 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  [Image: 21cf662e2f11ac0a0e9f544fbfad7d7f.jpg]

Did I convert you?

Yep. Sure did.
Where do I send my tithes?

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
23-11-2015, 05:03 PM
(23-11-2015 03:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 03:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Let it be or you will socked. Weeping
OK, I'll walk a mile. Don't want to get the boot.

Are you just stringing us along ? I see holes in this.

23-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Quote: Your holy book demands you kill us atheists and the pagans.
God's covenant with Moses was that you shall not believe in other gods than him. In this case its refering to israelites way of gaining the one true worship. Thats the key point in this case is to serve a theological point. People will walk their own way, but not on god's way. Jesus is basically that open gift. He did not come to condemn the world but to save the world through him ^^
Quote:So you believe in Utilitarianism also. What is useful is what is good. Whether it's true or not, is irrelevant. Adderal (uppers) get more done too. But thanks for admitting religion is a psychologicical crutch for you, and is useful. Hitler thought that what was useful was what determined what was good also. Interesting ethic you got going there.
I believe in god. Hitler was more into cultural ideas and eugenics. I don't worship cultural history or the idea of a perfect race. So no, not at all. I hope you don't compare me with him though.

btw, go to google.com : 3. Lucy in evolution theory is there Tongue
23-11-2015, 05:16 PM
(23-11-2015 05:12 PM)Keiya Wrote:  
Quote: Your holy book demands you kill us atheists and the pagans.
God's covenant with Moses was that you shall not believe in other gods than him. In this case its refering to israelites way of gaining the one true worship. Thats the key point in this case is to serve a theological point. People will walk their own way, but not on god's way. Jesus is basically that open gift. He did not come to condemn the world but to save the world through him ^^
Regardless, the passage clearly states that atheists, apostates, and pagans deserve death.

Of course I'm not saying you would do this. What I am saying, however, is your holy book says you must.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post