Poll: In the U.S. more people are declaring themselves to be unbelievers in the last decade than in several decades before that. To what To what would you attribute that fact to?
The rise of the Internet.
The 9/11 crime against humanity.
Both the Internet and 9/11 together.
As we near the end-time Satan is becoming more active.
None of the above.
[Show Results]

Atheism, Internet & 9/11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2011, 10:05 PM
RE: Atheism, Internet & 9/11
I'm sure it's the rise of the Internet that has enabled people to research religions and to be able to communicate with free thinking people across the world that has led to the rise in numbers of non-believers. Also, education in general is now available to so many more people across the World and it has become more secular for many. I believe that education is the answer to religion, after all, an intellectual Christian is an oxymoron.

If I had to have a god, it would be Tim Berners-Lee!

With regard to 9/11. For many Christian US people it must have started them thinking seriously about whether there really is a god in whom "they can trust", because it would seem that god is on the US side when it comes to attacking others in war and they win, but Allah was on the side of the terrorists when it came to an attack on the US. I don't think "god works in mysterious ways" would really cut it for most Americans.

I don't think that 9/11 would have had an affect on the religious beliefs of people in countries where atheism was well on the increase before 9/11.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 02:10 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
RE: Atheism, Internet & 9/11
The choices suck...

The internet, I wouldn't call it a deciding factor personally, but a good choice.
911?!? Thats utterly ridiculous. it might have made many people anti-muslim, but it certainly didnt drive people to become non-religious. Heck if anything it did the opposite, and reassured people of their faith, as they found strength in unity. The good ol' us v/s them.
And then Satan...enough said.

So is this a joke poll, without the joke?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply