Atheism VS. Agnosticism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2012, 10:15 AM
RE: Atheism VS. Agnosticism
(19-05-2012 09:38 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  He might have philosophically held the same view, but he would have definitely had a larger understanding of the universe with modern science.

How do you figure? Back then, physicists thought they had it all figured out. All we have now is a wider scope of knowing fuck-all. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2012, 10:32 AM
(19-05-2012 10:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 09:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I declare Kim Sexy and Ghost the winner of this debate.

Yea to the first, nay to the second. Tongue
I don't think anyone has won this alleged debate. Blink

I do know that anyone who has endured reading twelve pages of this dick fight, feels they've lost almost 2 hours of decent life that could have been better spent. But don't let that stop anyone from beating the shit out of any moniker in sight - I still won't give a shit. Drinking Beverage

She said, as she dubiously donned a mantle of Sexy. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-05-2012, 10:36 AM
(19-05-2012 09:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Language is supposed to have words with single meanings"

Since when ? Now there's a new one.
Read my slippery slope argument. It's philosophical in nature; you want to avoid ambiguity and equivocation when at all possible. Failing to do so can lead to a big mess. The principle of defining terms based on preference to enhance communication can be a self-defeating one, if you think it through. That's why, in my opinion, it is proper to stick to as strict a meaning as possible in language. It's based on 'everything being that thing, and nothing else'. In philosophy, science, and argument, that's a big deal. In the real-world, it might not be as big of a deal, but it can become one, if you get too carried away.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
19-05-2012, 10:37 AM
(19-05-2012 10:32 AM)kim Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 10:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yea to the first, nay to the second. Tongue
I don't think anyone has won this alleged debate. Blink

I do know that anyone who has endured reading twelve pages of this dick fight, feels they've lost almost 2 hours of decent life that could have been better spent. But don't let that stop anyone from beating the shit out of any moniker in sight - I still won't give a shit. Drinking Beverage

She said, as she dubiously donned a mantle of Sexy. Dodgy
In Global Thermal Nuclear War, only the Sexy survive.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm not seeing a debate, as this crew is pretty well established in simulation in my mind. What I saw was a chance to yank on Ghost's tail, so I did. Tongue

I mean, we all seem to be rational skeptics, with a coupla eccentricities going on. Wink

19-05-2012, 10:42 AM
(19-05-2012 10:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm not seeing a debate, as this crew is pretty well established in simulation in my mind. What I saw was a chance to yank on Ghost's tail, so I did. Tongue

I mean, we all seem to be rational skeptics, with a coupla eccentricities going on. Wink
Fuck that. There's little that's rational about my skepticism. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
(19-05-2012 09:59 AM)Ghost Wrote:  I'm done with you.
Thanks. I'm sorry for attacking you intelligence, but I'm glad it put and end to the discussion.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
I hate it when mom and dad fight like this. Confused

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-05-2012, 10:45 AM
(19-05-2012 10:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 10:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm not seeing a debate, as this crew is pretty well established in simulation in my mind. What I saw was a chance to yank on Ghost's tail, so I did. Tongue

Fuck that. There's little that's rational about my skepticism. Tongue

Sure enough, mention "eccentric" and up pops Preach. Like a summoning rune. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-05-2012, 10:49 AM
(19-05-2012 10:32 AM)kim Wrote:  I do know that anyone who has endured reading twelve pages of this dick fight, feels they've lost almost 2 hours of decent life that could have been better spent. But don't let that stop anyone from beating the shit out of any moniker in sight - I still won't give a shit.
It was definitely a loss of time, but the internet and e-beef can be addicting.

It probably be smart, from here on, for me to only reply to threads that can't lead to argument.

Shit happens though.