Atheism VS. Agnosticism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Atheism VS. Agnosticism
(13-05-2012 03:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn this forum pisses me off, I go to post something and somebody already just posted it...

Damn you Mr Woof!

I think Agnostics are Atheists whom don't want to fully commit to being an Atheist, sorta like if God suddenly appeared they can say they never didn't believe.
I think being 'Agnostic' is more of a social pressure thing. You ask the same person about invisible pink unicorns and they'll say no chance, why?, because it's socially accepted that pink invisible unicorns don't exist (they totally do, people don't know!). Ask the same about God and because so many people do believe it's a different story...

So I would agree with the quote that "agnostics are gutless atheists".
A very cynical hardline atheist response Ear Cool muffs.....................
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Huxley was right.
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
13-05-2012, 06:12 PM
(13-05-2012 03:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I would agree with the quote that "agnostics are gutless atheists".

Wotthehell earmuffs, you want to wear Ghost's thighs as earmuffs, you want to wear Girly's thighs as earmuffs? ... That's just throw down stupid.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-05-2012, 06:13 PM
(13-05-2012 03:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn this forum pisses me off, I go to post something and somebody already just posted it...

Damn you Mr Woof!

I think Agnostics are Atheists whom don't want to fully commit to being an Atheist, sorta like if God suddenly appeared they can say they never didn't believe.
I think being 'Agnostic' is more of a social pressure thing. You ask the same person about invisible pink unicorns and they'll say no chance, why?, because it's socially accepted that pink invisible unicorns don't exist (they totally do, people don't know!). Ask the same about God and because so many people do believe it's a different story...

Also Earmuffs, agnostics tentatively deal with the good the bad and the ugly........no final escape into oblivion.
Angel Evil_monster Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
13-05-2012, 06:14 PM
(13-05-2012 06:01 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Huxley was right.

Aldous, Thomas, or both? Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-05-2012, 06:22 PM
(13-05-2012 06:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-05-2012 03:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I would agree with the quote that "agnostics are gutless atheists".

Wotthehell earmuffs, you want to wear Ghost's thighs as earmuffs, you want to wear Girly's thighs as earmuffs? ... That's just throw down stupid.
Hey just wondering if earmuffs wears a scarf around his mouth................................? Censored
13-05-2012, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 12:47 AM by DeepThought.)
(13-05-2012 06:01 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Huxley was right.
Prove it.
Yeah, and which one? The one who wrote books like The Doors of Perception, describing mystic journeys through the land of mescaline?

Thomas, sure he had a great mind, doesn't make him right. Maybe you aren't so agnostic about your agnosticism. What I mean is your version of it is different to the version Thomas Huxley describes.

Quote:Dawkins also identifies two categories of agnostics; Temporary Agnostics in Practice (TAPs), and Permanent Agnostics in Principle (PAPs). Dawkins considers temporary agnosticism an entirely reasonable position, but views permanent agnosticism as "fence-sitting, intellectual cowardice."

So maybe Dawkins is right... want proof? ditto

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
14-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Hey, Girly Man.

Thomas Henry.

Hey, Deep.

You're funny.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
14-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Hey Ghost.

Tongue

I know a bunch of aggies. The main difference, IMO, is that atheists are far more aggressive. We're like, fuck that god stuff, and they're like, meh.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-05-2012, 06:59 AM
(13-05-2012 05:51 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Damn you Mr Woof!

A very cynical hardline atheist response Ear Cool muffs.....................
I wouldn't say I'm cynical, I think I'd say I'm just selfish and very much my way or the highway to gtfoville.

I swear I was gonna respond to a post that I read yesterday but was removed?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.