"Atheism +" What exactly is your understanding on the topic?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2012, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 01:05 AM by PoolBoyG.)
Star "Atheism +" What exactly is your understanding on the topic?
I was presented with a hypothetical forum, labelled Atheism +, that seeks to tackle social questions that are influenced by and impeded by religion.

I was also presented by outraged youtube users that do not want any such forum, and are aggressive in preventing any such forum from arising.

(These outraged users somehow mixed in misogyny – either these two groups blended or branched from the other. I’m not certain, and I don’t actually care. Another thread could be started on this.)

The irritated users that I’ve seen have the common line of "I don't understand." The user doesn’t understand what it is, and so sees that as a failing warranting outrage.

Another common line is that it's inflammatory and divisive because of the word "Atheism". That they believe you are not allowed to be part of any other forum. Similar to the thinking that if you’re part of a "black movement" you are automatically antagonistic towards all other races. That if you’re part of a "gay movement" you're automatically antagonistic towards heteorsexuals. That if you’re part of a "womens movement" you’re automatically antagonistic towards males. How they fail to see their error, is interesting.

Now, I’m posting to see what users here understanding Atheism + to be, and where you got your information. Since the only conclusion drawn is that the irritated naysayers have no substance, that leads one to question their motivation.

-Are these simply disenfranchised religious and religious apologists online that finally found a way to unite and strike back against atheist dominated online forums?
-Are these simply online misogynists that somehow equated Atheism + with Feminism and rallied? A small, but vocal and driven band online.
-Are these simply the less popular and dishonest branded atheist/agnostic/apologist users who saw a disenfranchised community (previous mentioned above) online and are able to bolster their views and subscriptions by rallying them against popular Atheists?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2012, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 02:21 AM by Vosur.)
RE: "Atheism +" What exactly is your understanding on the topic?
Ahem, I'll just leave this here.

http://atheismplus.com/?page_id=127 (official website)
http://atheismplus.com/forums/index.php (official forum)
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Atheism%2B (satire encyclopedia entry on Atheism+)

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-09-2012, 04:57 AM
What, if you're not a feminist, you're a misogynist? GTFO, Rebecca. Tongue

There's already a couple of threads about this movement. It can keep on moving. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-09-2012, 05:14 AM
(15-09-2012 04:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What, if you're not a feminist, you're a misogynist? GTFO, Rebecca. Tongue

I guess that's how it works for them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-09-2012, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 05:52 AM by Vipa.)
Since you didn't find them (@poolboy), I went digging for you:

Atheism + Thread 1
Atheism + Thread 2

Vosur Wrote:https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Atheism%2B (satire encyclopedia entry on Atheism+)

Nice pictures on the site ^^
[Image: Accept_atheism_plus.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Vipa's post
15-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I find it hard to believe something like A+ could survive for a long time, atheists in general tend to have problems with "shared values"

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
15-09-2012, 06:40 AM
It is good for a bunch of drama. Big Grin

I went over to FtB just now, and there's still some noise going on. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Don't know much of anything about them, meaning the three things that seem to be linked - Free Thoughts Blog, Atheism +, and Skepchicks.

The only blogs I ever read were AronRa (still there), and Thuderf00t (banned), peeped in a few others occasionally. Nothing interesting to me anyway......

No interest in Atheism +, I am not a group joiner anyway and I already belong to way too many things now...........

Lastly, I don't know anything about Skepchicks, just the name irritates me. I don't care if someone calls me a bitch, don't ever call me a chick. Where I grew up, a bitch was a strong independent woman who stood up for herself, a chick was a brainless helpless little twit......... Some things that you grew up with do stick with you! Consider
15-09-2012, 07:58 AM
I feel comfortable saying that I can't see A+ lasting long.

Especially considering our cat-like scattering ability, and it's attempt at grouping.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Feminist goes to a hotel bar, gets buzzed, leaves, gets on an elevator. Guy on elevator says, "Would you like to have coffee together?" Feminist says no.

Feminist goes on blog and calls man creep for 'hitting on' her.

Sensible people tell her she overreacted. 4chan and Reddit show up and troll her, calling her a bitch and making death threats and such.

Feminist accuses entire atheist movement of being misogynistic and cruel.

Trolls and sensible people call her stupid.

Entire active atheist community gets embroiled in argument over feminism and everyone stoops to their lowest.

Things quiet down as 4chan trolls get bored and go infest other parts of the internet.

Now the feminist is starting the "Atheist+" movement, which I'm all for as long as it doesn't mean I'm forced to repress my sexuality because of her extreme form of feminism that considers "Want to get coffee?" a misogynistic insult.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.