Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ?
(04-11-2012 12:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 08:39 AM)Idlecuriosity Wrote:  I don't believe I ever accused anyone directly of not thinking critically. In fact I'm counting on it being the case. That's why I chose to post here rather than on a CT believers forum. I've also clearly said that my interest in CT's is mainly for entertainment purposes, although some of it gets me thinking (critically) further. I don't mind a bit of hostility; although I don't quite understand the reason for it as I've tried to be very careful with my choice of words. I'll take the blame for not expressing my point more adeptly.

I'm certainly not claiming that Atheism is a conspiracy, that would be a bad interpretation of what I actually wrote.
If the founding basis for Catholicism is false, ie. god does not exist, how can the religion be anything other than a conspiracy ?

I don't want to get bogged down in semantics, just trying to clarify what I'm saying as it seems to have confused some, or struck a nerve with others.

Well maybe it could be understood if you explain why you think there are people here who are opposed to thinking critically on conspiracy like subjects?

When I first started reading these threads I was suprised by the level of hostility that was aimed as some of the posts / posters (I'm thinking specifically the 9/11 truthers are crazy thread). I'm not saying I believe in the 9/11 CT's, I was just expecting a different level of debate on a discussion forum aimed at open-minded people, within a sub-section specifically provided for discussing that kind of topic. Could be that I misinterpreted, but it didn't feel like it, and still doesn't given some of the responses to my own contribution.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ? - Chas - 02-11-2012, 05:50 PM
RE: Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ? - amyb - 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ? - DLJ - 04-11-2012, 07:15 AM
RE: Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ? - Chas - 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ? - Chas - 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: Atheism : a Conspiracy Theory ? - Idlecuriosity - 04-11-2012 02:29 PM