Atheism and Asylum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Atheism and Asylum
I felt this was an important link to share, for a behind the scenes breakdown of what goes into asylum sponsorship programs. It's encouraging to see secular organizations lending a helping hand to those in need.

http://humanist.org.sg/atheism-asylum/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
26-05-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: Atheism and Asylum
You have to wonder -- if we made asylum for atheists automatic for those in countries where it's dangerous to be an atheist --- how long would it be before the Middle East emptied out????

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-05-2015, 07:38 AM
(26-05-2015 11:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You have to wonder -- if we made asylum for atheists automatic for those in countries where it's dangerous to be an atheist --- how long would it be before the Middle East emptied out????

Big Grin
You have to wonder how long it would take to empty the Middle East if we made asylum automatic for any reason! :-)
[+] 1 user Likes Zeff's post
27-05-2015, 10:53 PM
The asylums wouldn't work. They would be bombed before they were even built. Terrible idea.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
27-05-2015, 11:02 PM
(27-05-2015 10:53 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The asylums wouldn't work. They would be bombed before they were even built. Terrible idea.

Not a terrible idea, just a terrible world we live in that we would need to come up with such ideas, and be powerless to enact them.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-05-2015, 11:53 PM
(27-05-2015 10:53 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The asylums wouldn't work. They would be bombed before they were even built. Terrible idea.

That's why we need the ADF - the atheist defence force. We will protect you - provided you state your disbelief in God. We will also round up all the theists and give them wedgies. 'Cos we're evil like that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-05-2015, 04:51 AM
Well, we could form an atheism based militia Tongue

'Murican Canadian
01-06-2015, 06:53 AM
(28-05-2015 04:51 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Well, we could form an atheism based militia Tongue
It would be anti-violent and anti-militarism.
We sort of have one but I can't get them out of the pub...
Skeptics in the Pub
01-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Atheism and Asylum
Didn't wanna start a new thread, since this deals with similar issues. Below is a link to an ongoing effort to help a refugee, fleeing due to death threats and general religious persecution. I'm not advocating for donations, just like to shine a light on secular organizations lending a helping hand.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/newsroom...ima_nasri/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2015, 01:48 PM
(01-06-2015 01:14 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  ... just like to shine a light on secular organizations lending a helping hand.

Well done for finding those.

Please add them to this thread.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-resources

Cheers