Atheism and Feminism (debates)?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: Atheism and Feminism (debates)?
I will say that now that I think about it, is it possible that there's something of a "denomination" problem in feminism and that's why critics get confused?

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2015, 02:52 PM
(27-11-2015 02:14 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The newest wave of feminism is essentially a cult.

And see that's where it gets shady. I think it's a lot more complicated than just saying modern feminism is a religion or a cult.

My blog
27-11-2015, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you comparing Feminism to Atheism or combining them together? The thing with atheism is that there are so much fewer women who are atheists. In order to become an atheist a woman has to chuck a god that is overtly misogynistic and the indoctrination of herself as the property of men and god. I don't think that a woman who is a theist can truly be a feminist.

I'm not sure about male feminists. I don't even know what that's suppose to be. Isn't it like a white person being pro African American? Yeah, you can be for equality for all people, I think most intelligent people want that but I'm not sure you can call yourself an African Americanist when your white. I think there needs to be a different word for men who support women's equality but I don't think that word is "feminist".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-11-2015, 03:17 PM
(27-11-2015 02:52 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 02:14 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The newest wave of feminism is essentially a cult.

And see that's where it gets shady. I think it's a lot more complicated than just saying modern feminism is a religion or a cult.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-11-2015, 03:31 PM
(27-11-2015 03:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm not sure about male feminists. I don't even know what that's suppose to be. Isn't it like a white person being pro African American? Yeah, you can be for equality for all people, I think most intelligent people want that but I'm not sure you can call yourself an African Americanist when your white. I think there needs to be a different word for men who support women's equality but I don't think that word is "feminist".
Would you care to explain the difference between women's equality and equality to me?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
27-11-2015, 03:36 PM
(27-11-2015 03:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you comparing Feminism to Atheism or combining them together? The thing with atheism is that there are so much fewer women who are atheists. In order to become an atheist a woman has to chuck a god that is overtly misogynistic and the indoctrination of herself as the property of men and god. I don't think that a woman who is a theist can truly be a feminist.

I'm not sure about male feminists. I don't even know what that's suppose to be. Isn't it like a white person being pro African American? Yeah, you can be for equality for all people, I think most intelligent people want that but I'm not sure you can call yourself an African Americanist when your white. I think there needs to be a different word for men who support women's equality but I don't think that word is "feminist".

My husband and son are proud to call themselves feminists. We are an entirely feminist household.
27-11-2015, 03:41 PM
(27-11-2015 03:36 PM)julep Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 03:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you comparing Feminism to Atheism or combining them together? The thing with atheism is that there are so much fewer women who are atheists. In order to become an atheist a woman has to chuck a god that is overtly misogynistic and the indoctrination of herself as the property of men and god. I don't think that a woman who is a theist can truly be a feminist.

My husband and son are proud to call themselves feminists. We are an entirely feminist household.

ManlyGirl says it ain't feminism it's matriarchal. ... Yes dear.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-11-2015, 03:46 PM
(27-11-2015 03:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 03:36 PM)julep Wrote:  My husband and son are proud to call themselves feminists. We are an entirely feminist household.

ManlyGirl says it ain't feminism it's matriarchal. ... Yes dear.

If we were a matriarchy I would be able to force them to eat broccoli.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
27-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Femenism is pointless. Egalitarian

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-11-2015, 03:47 PM

Considering the possibility that god(s) is an invention made in the image that humans find acceptable, that means that god(s) can take on any characteristic that can fit the ideals of anyone. i.e. "God's coming back, and she's pissed."

(27-11-2015 03:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm not sure about male feminists. I don't even know what that's suppose to be. Isn't it like a white person being pro African American? Yeah, you can be for equality for all people, I think most intelligent people want that but I'm not sure you can call yourself an African Americanist when your white. I think there needs to be a different word for men who support women's equality but I don't think that word is "feminist".

From what I understand, a lot of modern feminism is called such in recognition that women have more to gain from gender equality right now. And since I'm inclined to agree with that idea, I guess that makes me a male who is also a feminist. But I'm certainly not an expert on the issue. And I think we could benifit by getting people who are viewed as experts in the same room to discuss it.

My blog