Atheism and Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
RE: Atheism and Satanism
Honestly, I don't believe in satan any more than I believe in god.

I don't know what country you live in, but if it's the US, I would completely support your right to practice it. Right-winged, scared bigots be damned.

On the other hand, to me.... satanism, christianity.... half a dozen of one, six of the other.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2012, 07:38 PM
From my very limited understanding I thought that there was a war in heaven because some of the angels were jealous of the fact that human being had souls. They thought that god loved us more than them and they left.

So im kinda guessing (I obv could be wrong) that if you believe in the fallen angel then you must in some way believe in god.

How about this mad fucked up crazy idea....... how about just looking into stuff yourself and just seeing it for what it is....... how about not limiting yourself to one set of beliefs but instead pick and choose from the massive range that is out there that suits you.

Look under my pic....it say "my own god"..... caus i have my own religion you see. I am the only member and I am the only "idol" as well. i worship myself and all the good things around me. When I meditate (advanced praying lol) I connect with myself..... i answer my own problems and I judge myself.

Sounds like im preaching when that couldnt be further from the truth..... just giving my opinion in the form of words...... its your freedom to decide what you wish to do Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
05-03-2012, 01:22 AM
I've identified as a Satanist for many years now. I'm never surprised when others label us immediately as some sort of Christian heretic or Devil worshiper. Simply because of the stigma attached to the word "Satan".

Satan really means 'the adversary.' Satanism is the adversary to the main stream, to Christianity and other right hand path religions, and to gods.

Rituals do have have their uses outside of religion in emotionally charging us, and focusing us towards a goal, comparable to meditation. The rituals involved are not mandatory and have absolutely nothing to do with supernatural beings or magic.

Satanism is also about knowing ones self and building real relationships with worthy people. Responsibility to the responsible, instead of to those who would take advantage of you. Satanists aren't afraid to celebrate our natural desires that have been labeled sins by religion and culture for so long. All the while staying within the law and never condoning harm against innocent people.
[+] 1 user Likes Kerberos's post
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 10:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-03-2012 01:22 AM)Kerberos Wrote:  I've identified as a Satanist for many years now.

Cool, what kinda sacraments you got? Something trippy I hope.

(05-03-2012 01:22 AM)Kerberos Wrote:  Satanists aren't afraid to celebrate our natural desires that have been labeled sins by religion and culture for so long. All the while staying within the law and never condoning harm against innocent people.

That's all that a civilized society requires, isn't it?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-03-2012, 12:22 AM
(04-03-2012 12:14 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Honestly, I don't believe in satan any more than I believe in god.

I don't know what country you live in, but if it's the US, I would completely support your right to practice it. Right-winged, scared bigots be damned.

On the other hand, to me.... satanism, christianity.... half a dozen of one, six of the other.

The Kiu klux Klan were pretty right
wing.Are they still roaming around in drag?Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
06-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Looks like Jesus zapped the op, because he hasn't been back to tell us more about his service to the Dark Lord.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-03-2012, 02:36 AM
I have met too many people, telling me in all honesty that they are satanists. People who believe in a physical existence of Satan and Demons, people who see satanism as a pure concept of <whatever they define as the concept>, people who really say it for the effect.

There is no one, real satanism, just like there is no one true <insert religion>.
The name it self comes from lots of misinterpretations and stories from some religions, and of course christianity plays a role in it, but also greek mythology does, and more.

I read about, I saw documentaries, I talked to "Satanists". Judging from all this it is just as crazy as all other religions. And yes, I am aware of the fact that many satanists don't want to hear that it is a religion, but sorry dudes and dudelinas, it is one.

Not closed minded about it here, simply ignoring it most of the time.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
06-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Well with respect the name must of come from somewhere. It must have roots.

The reason why it must have roots is that the word satan as pointed out by kerberos (which incidentally if you change the K to C spells cerberos.... the dog that protects the underworld Cool ) means adversery to everything mainstream.

Saying that if satanism is the worship of non entitys then knowing what I know about religion I can see why it has been "demonised" as it goes against the large amount of control the church exercised years ago.

Or is that what the devil wants you to think??? After all he is a trickster (allegedly) Dodgy

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
06-03-2012, 08:00 AM
(06-03-2012 12:22 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The Kiu klux Klan were pretty right[/font] wing.Are they still roaming around in drag?Dodgy
Unfortunately, yeah.
Every so often they like to stage marches in a Chicago suburb near me.....which just "happens" to have a very high Jewish population.
Needless to say, most of these marches never occur, and those that do don't end well for them. Tongue

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
09-03-2012, 03:39 AM
I'm sure there are many types of Satanism, but specifically the OP referred to Anton LaVey's Church of Satan.

We do see ourselves as anti-religious but are referring to spiritual religion. ALL religions of a spiritual nature are inventions of man. But if we are to be called a religion, why not be a religion based on man's natural instincts? Satanism is not a white light spiritual religion; it is a
religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal. Man needs to enjoy himself here and now, instead of waiting for his rewards in a non-existent heaven right?

@bemore - You might find you see yourself mirrored in the philosophy of Satanism. Satanic Bible is a great read either way, not too hard to find in most book stores.