Atheism and Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: Atheism and Satanism
I also identify myself with LaVeyan satanism because I say that we should enjoy life, we only live onced you know Wink
But in reality it's just the same as an atheist Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 05:45 AM
(29-02-2012 10:31 AM)katbus Wrote:  I am an Atheist. I also identify with Satanist. I follow Anton LaVey's Satanism. The reason I am bringing up the topic of Satanism is because of the most recent podcast "living after faith" where I found myself shocked and slightly saddened to hear the thinking atheist discuss Satanism and laugh at the idea of a "level headed" Satanist. He went on to say he believed that probably Satanists identified as such for shock value. I am personally offended by the idea. Satanism has been given such a bad name.

I am a very level-headed individual, and do not want to shock people. In fact, my Satanism has to stay under wraps because of my job and because I don't want the negative attention associated with Satanism. I am just making this topic to hear the opinions of other free-thinkers regarding Satanism. How do you personally feel about it? What do you actually know about it? What are your thoughts?

Please discuss this topic with me! I was so surprised to find such an amazing guy as the thinking atheist sound so closed-minded (though in his defense, he admitted ignorance and said he would look further into it) and ignorant on this topic.

Just curious if anyone out there would like to discuss this with me. Maybe even learn about it from someone on the inside of it, to prevent ignorance on this subject.

Thanks!

Atheists can be just as close minded as theists but do not worry about it. We should not care who sides with us and who doesnt, if the Atheists on here or on the show cant see our value to their cause or whatever then that is their loss, not ours.
If they are judging us by the title -Satanist- alone without doing their own research then its just plain ignorance on their part and they have allowed their good guy badge to shine through and yes Atheists have those too!
I consider myself to be very logical and level headed myself, I just happen to use lesser magic (manipulation of others) in my job on a regular basis and I enjoy the psychodrama and emotional satisfaction that Ritual provides for me when I have a randomized ritual day.
Evil_monster
Nice to meet you!
Hail Satan!
18-11-2012, 05:49 AM
(03-04-2012 04:50 PM)reindeer Wrote:  I also identify myself with LaVeyan satanism because I say that we should enjoy life, we only live onced you know Wink
I dont know of any Atheists who are spiritual. Who actively engage in Rituals and believe in or practice Magic, none of my friends would ever contact demons in those rituals that they are practicing, I have an altar, I dont know any Atheists who would bother having one. I also know that I am a member of the elite, I think most Atheists just think they are a speck of dust and no better and no worse than anyone or anything else. Atheists also may or may not be manipulative people by their natures, Satanists believe in practicing this on a regular basis. So, I do not see it as the same thing as Atheism at all.
18-11-2012, 06:01 AM
(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I dont know of any Atheists who are spiritual.

Me either.
(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Who actively engage in Rituals and believe in or practice Magic, none of my friends would ever contact demons in those rituals that they are practicing, I have an altar, I dont know any Atheists who would bother having one.

Yeahhh I don't know any atheists who would do so either.

(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I also know that I am a member of the elite, I think most Atheists just think they are a speck of dust and no better and no worse than anyone or anything else.

Technically speaking, not every atheist has the same idea or outlook. So to group all of us in a small group as how we see each other, or other people would be disingenuous at best. Some may see themselves as better than others because they don't believe in nonsense. Others may just see themselves equally. Others may not agree with either and have a different outlook. We share lack of belief in common, we do not share the view of the world in the universe in common all the time because it doesn't require anything other than lack of belief to be an atheist.

(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Atheists also may or may not be manipulative people by their natures, Satanists believe in practicing this on a regular basis. So, I do not see it as the same thing as Atheism at all.

Again... it doesn't take an atheist, a satanist or a theist to be manipulative by nature. It simply takes a manipulative human being who wishes to be so.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
18-11-2012, 06:01 AM
(18-11-2012 05:45 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I consider myself to be very logical and level headed myself, I just happen to use lesser magic...

Big Grin

Obviously, those two things go together... goes without saying...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2012, 06:26 AM
(29-02-2012 10:15 PM)Thomas Wrote:  A non-religious religion. No beliefs in a deity, but rituals copied almost entirely from Catholicism?
The religious rituals of the theist mean something to them. Rituals by themselves have no substance.
I don’t see the point in any of it except to say that you belong to something bigger than yourself. What's the appeal?

Satanic Rituals do not need to be copied from anywhere. My Rituals tend to be very spontaneous and very personal. I find great meaning in what I do because they allow me to connect to my Inner/Deeper Self on a regular occasion to de-stress for one thing. When I go into Ritual, I light candles and burn incense, I burn sage, dance, chant and do whatever comes to mind. Sometimes I will do an anger ritual to vent my frustrations with someone, sometimes I will spirit dance and raise negative energies to send to that person, sometimes I will light candles and practice energy raising to send a healing spell out to someone I care about but of course I admit outside of the Ritual chamber that each and every act was simply psyhodrama or psychology.
Much like going into a Haunted House at Halloween, I like to be scared, inside the house you are grabbed, touched, people jump out at you, walls open to reveal hidden rooms, the ceiling comes down in one room, You are transported into a world of fantasy and danger and you engage in this wild fantasy when inside the house but once you exit the house, you admit it was just in fun!
You suspend disbelief in other words to be in the moment, we all do it in different circumstances and I just happen to do it in Ritual but they have incredible meaning for me. Now, Groups of Satanists may have some rituals that are based off Catholic rituals but I am not a part of those groups so I cant speak to that.
Smile
Terry
18-11-2012, 06:47 AM
(18-11-2012 06:01 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I dont know of any Atheists who are spiritual.

Me either.
(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Who actively engage in Rituals and believe in or practice Magic, none of my friends would ever contact demons in those rituals that they are practicing, I have an altar, I dont know any Atheists who would bother having one.

Yeahhh I don't know any atheists who would do so either.

(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I also know that I am a member of the elite, I think most Atheists just think they are a speck of dust and no better and no worse than anyone or anything else.

Technically speaking, not every atheist has the same idea or outlook. So to group all of us in a small group as how we see each other, or other people would be disingenuous at best. Some may see themselves as better than others because they don't believe in nonsense. Others may just see themselves equally. Others may not agree with either and have a different outlook. We share lack of belief in common, we do not share the view of the world in the universe in common all the time because it doesn't require anything other than lack of belief to be an atheist.

(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Atheists also may or may not be manipulative people by their natures, Satanists believe in practicing this on a regular basis. So, I do not see it as the same thing as Atheism at all.

Again... it doesn't take an atheist, a satanist or a theist to be manipulative by nature. It simply takes a manipulative human being who wishes to be so.

Exactly. Except that Satanists are encouraged to be actively manipulative (aka lesser magic). It is the only religion I have encountered that says you are to be who you are. I do not need to improve myself in any way to be accepted in Satanism, I just need to be who I already am and as I said already, I dont fit into Atheism because I have an altar, I engage in Rituals and always will and I practice Greater Magic.
The only other path I fit into is Witchcraft (The religion not related to Wicca) but Witches are encouraged to climb levels and earn degrees and to better ourselves which indicates that you are flawed in some fashion and need to change it to belong.
Smile
18-11-2012, 06:51 AM
(18-11-2012 06:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:45 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I consider myself to be very logical and level headed myself, I just happen to use lesser magic...

Big Grin

Obviously, those two things go together... goes without saying...

Actually they do.
It makes sense to attain that which is best for you in all circumstances. If I want or need something from someone who will not give it to me, I need to use lesser magic on them in order to get it and I see nothing wrong with that. I use it on a regular basis with clients. I need money to live and to pay bills and self preservation is the most important aspect of being a Satanist.
There is NOTHING illogical about it.
18-11-2012, 07:24 AM
(18-11-2012 06:47 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  [...] and as I said already, I dont fit into Atheism because I have an altar, I engage in Rituals and always will and I practice Greater Magic.
I beg to differ. You can be both an atheist and have an altar, engage in rituals and practice "greater magic". You can even believe in souls, an afterlife and spirits. The only thing that matters for the question of whether or not you are an atheist is whether or not you have a belief in god(s). Unfortunately, the mistake of confusing atheism with materialism or scientific skepticism seems to be rather common.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
18-11-2012, 07:55 AM
(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 04:50 PM)reindeer Wrote:  I also identify myself with LaVeyan satanism because I say that we should enjoy life, we only live onced you know Wink
I dont know of any Atheists who are spiritual. Who actively engage in Rituals and believe in or practice Magic, none of my friends would ever contact demons in those rituals that they are practicing, I have an altar, I dont know any Atheists who would bother having one. I also know that I am a member of the elite, I think most Atheists just think they are a speck of dust and no better and no worse than anyone or anything else. Atheists also may or may not be manipulative people by their natures, Satanists believe in practicing this on a regular basis. So, I do not see it as the same thing as Atheism at all.
It depends what you mean by spiritual. I have a sense of wonder and awe.

You are not a member of an elite; you are silly, childish, overly-dramatic, and self-important.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post