Atheism and Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 07:56 AM
RE: Atheism and Satanism
(18-11-2012 07:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 06:47 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  [...] and as I said already, I dont fit into Atheism because I have an altar, I engage in Rituals and always will and I practice Greater Magic.
I beg to differ. You can be both an atheist and have an altar, engage in rituals and practice "greater magic". You can even believe in souls, an afterlife and spirits. The only thing that matters for the question of whether or not you are an atheist is whether or not you have a belief in god(s). Unfortunately, the mistake of confusing atheism with materialism or scientific skepticism seems to be rather common.

That depends on what you call God

If God can be myself or Nature then Yes I believe in God. If God is seen as a deity that exists outside of myself and not nature iteself then No I do not believe in God.

Though I have read tons and tons of books and essays on Atheism and find myself agreeing on occasion with what I read where I have read the same amount of material on Satanism and find myself in agreement 100% with what I read. So, I will stick with Satanism for now. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 08:10 AM
(18-11-2012 07:56 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  That depends on what you call God

If God can be myself or Nature then Yes I believe in God. If God is seen as a deity that exists outside of myself and not nature iteself then No I do not believe in God.
It's the latter.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-11-2012, 08:40 AM
(18-11-2012 08:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 07:56 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  That depends on what you call God

It's the latter.

What is key here is that while Satanism may be AtheisTIC in its views (depending on who you ask), It is not Atheism.
Shadak Witches do not believe in any gods or goddesses outside of Nature but do worship something-The Goddess (Nature), they have rules and laws, rituals and magic and many other beliefs and practices, while this would not seem to disqualify them from being Atheistic, I would certainly not tell them they were Atheists-Pantheists perhaps is a better term for them.
Satanists believe in a figurative God. Themselves or Satan depending on who you ask but also engage in rituals and ceremonies, practice forms of magic and have rules and laws. While I will admit to being atheistic (perhaps) I am definately not an Atheist.
If you go over the rules and laws of Satanism and compare them to Atheism, what you will get is a lot of maybes and mights-an Atheist MIGHT believe in seeking revenge on someone that has harmed them, an Atheist MIGHT be selfish in their life and not altrusitic at all, an Atheist MIGHT use manipulation to get whatever they need from people, an Atheist MIGHT view most of humanity as weak or stupid.
Satanists DO. So there are clear differences between Atheism and Satanism. Smile
Like I said before, an Atheist can be spiritual, they can have an altar and they can engage in rituals, they can do these things but I wouldnt take an Atheist seriously if they told me that they did them and that in Ritual they were given divination information from a demon. I would label that person as confused and living in a spiritual pipe dream which Satanism forbids-which is another MAYBE for Atheists, they MAY believe in supernaturalism and superstitions where a Satanist does not.
No worries though, I am not here to convince anyone, In fact, I cant, You are either a Satanist and understand and agree with what I am saying or you do not, its that simple, those that have said they have read about it and it wasnt their cup of tea or they found it silly or what not, arent meant to be Satanists, its that simple. No big deal. Smile
Hail Lucifer!
18-11-2012, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I think most Atheists just think they are a speck of dust and no better and no worse than anyone or anything else.

Yup, while simultaneously being My Own Personal Jesus, bitch. And if you're looking for some atheist to sumo the shit of your pussy piece of metaphysics, I'm your huckleberry. Girly don't need no pussy rituals. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
18-11-2012, 05:07 PM
(18-11-2012 04:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:49 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I think most Atheists just think they are a speck of dust and no better and no worse than anyone or anything else.

Yup, while simultaneously being My Own Personal Jesus, bitch. And if you're looking for some atheist to sumo the shit of your pussy piece of metaphysics, I'm your huckleberry. Girly don't need no pussy rituals. Big Grin

You do not need Rituals, Jolly for you, however, I am sorry to inform you that Satanism is NOT a metaphysical religion, we have no Metaphysical position for we are materialists. Shadakism also being a materialistic religion has the same viewpoint. It would seem that no one here has the ability to assimilate new information. Too bad, how sad, Your dad.
18-11-2012, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 05:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-11-2012 05:07 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 04:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup, while simultaneously being My Own Personal Jesus, bitch. And if you're looking for some atheist to sumo the shit of your pussy piece of metaphysics, I'm your huckleberry. Girly don't need no pussy rituals. Big Grin

You do not need Rituals, Jolly for you, however, I am sorry to inform you that Satanism is NOT a metaphysical religion, we have no Metaphysical position for we are materialists. Shadakism also being a materialistic religion has the same viewpoint. It would seem that no one here has the ability to assimilate new information. Too bad, how sad, Your dad.

Uhhh ... materialism is itself a metaphysical position. Huh

18-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I really don't think there is a useful, meaningful, true sentence that contains the phrase "Atheism and Satanism". Drinking Beverage

There is no "Atheism". It's "atheism".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2012, 05:57 PM
(18-11-2012 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  I really don't think there is a useful, meaningful, true sentence that contains the phrase "Atheism and Satanism". Drinking Beverage

I don't even like elevating it to a lower case word. They're all more like WhatTheFuckYouTalkingBoutWillis to me. At least the Satanists seem to me to just be playing at it much like SmooshMonster dressing up and playing Medieval Games (or at least the RavenQuoter seems like that, not sure about the DizzyIrish one yet). I don't think I got a problem with that. If I got my read right, the Satanists are ridiculing all religion by practicing a pretend one. They're like the Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert of religion. ... 'Course my read could be way off in which case I invite them into my metaphysical dohyo for a little sumo.

18-11-2012, 06:02 PM
(18-11-2012 05:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  I really don't think there is a useful, meaningful, true sentence that contains the phrase "Atheism and Satanism". Drinking Beverage

I don't even like elevating it to a lower case word. They're all more like WhatTheFuckYouTalkingBoutWillis to me. At least the Satanists seem to me to just be playing at it much like SmooshMonster dressing up and playing Medieval Games (or at least the RavenQuoter seems like that, not sure about the DizzyIrish one yet). I don't think I got a problem with that. If I got my read right, the Satanists are ridiculing all religion by practicing a pretend one. They're like the Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert of religion. ... 'Course my read could be way off in which case I invite them into my metaphysical dohyo for a little sumo.
There is undoubtedly a range of belief/practice/commitment to it, along with various interpretations.

The ones here seem pretty serious about. As evidence I offer their being so butt-hurt that many of us find it laughable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-11-2012, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 07:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-11-2012 06:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't even like elevating it to a lower case word. They're all more like WhatTheFuckYouTalkingBoutWillis to me. At least the Satanists seem to me to just be playing at it much like SmooshMonster dressing up and playing Medieval Games (or at least the RavenQuoter seems like that, not sure about the DizzyIrish one yet). I don't think I got a problem with that. If I got my read right, the Satanists are ridiculing all religion by practicing a pretend one. They're like the Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert of religion. ... 'Course my read could be way off in which case I invite them into my metaphysical dohyo for a little sumo.
There is undoubtedly a range of belief/practice/commitment to it, along with various interpretations.

The ones here seem pretty serious about. As evidence I offer their being so butt-hurt that many of us find it laughable.

The RavenQouter, I get that, the DizzyIrish Ima gonna give him space, but doubt he was really butthurt. He is laughable, though. Pretty sure he realizes that.