Atheism and Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 03:02 PM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Atheism and Satanism
Quote:Merriam Webster
witch
noun
\ˈwich\
: one that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; especially : a woman practicing usually blackwitchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar : sorceress— compare warlock
: an ugly old woman : hag
: a charming or alluring girl or woman
: a practitioner of Wicca

Are you fucking stupid? Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question. I already know you are stupid. These are all correct definitions in proper contexts, just as my evidence for the proper equating of religion and cult. You remind me of airheads who like to argue that omnipotence is limited by the logically possible.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2012, 03:09 PM
(19-11-2012 02:57 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
Quote:Merriam Webster
witch
noun
\ˈwich\
: one that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; especially : a woman practicing usually blackwitchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar : sorceress— compare warlock
: an ugly old woman : hag
: a charming or alluring girl or woman
: a practitioner of Wicca

Are you fucking stupid? Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question. I already know you are stupid. These are all correct definitions in proper contexts, just as my evidence for the proper equating of religion and cult. You remind me of airheads who like to argue that omnipotence is limited by the logically possible.

I WILL REPEAT
BECAUSE I CAN SEE YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO READ
NOT ALL WITCHES ARE WICCAN.
19-11-2012, 03:12 PM
He's actually right on that point. There are witches that are not Wiccan.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
19-11-2012, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 03:50 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
(19-11-2012 11:40 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And why the fuck do all you dumbass Satanists seem to lack a fucking dictionary? All three of you buffoons supply us with your own definitions of cult, none of which agree with the actual definition. Drinking Beverage

Because they're smarter than us. They're smarter than dictionaries. They're smarter than Satan. Just ask the arrogant sons of witches. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're all smarter than each other (yes, I recognize the recursion there).

OK, I take it back, I'm pretty sure they don't have superior intellects but they make up for it with superior egos, which seems to be enough for them. In any case, ego trumps dictionary every time because dictionaries can be mistaken.

p.s. that's a joke, by the way; I'm not enough of a puritan to actually think witches are satanic - they're both just silly. But where witches are, mostly, harmless and cute, satanists are arrogant and sociopathic, so I'll take a witch any day. Which makes me regret using the term above since it isn't very nice to witches.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
19-11-2012, 03:38 PM
(19-11-2012 03:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 11:40 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  And why the fuck do all you dumbass Satanists seem to lack a fucking dictionary? All three of you buffoons supply us with your own definitions of cult, none of which agree with the actual definition. Drinking Beverage

Because they're smarter than us. They're smarter than dictionaries. They're smarter than Satan. Just ask the arrogant . In fact, I'm pretty sure they're all smarter than each other (yes, I recognize the recursion there).

OK, I take it back, I'm pretty sure they don't have superior intellects but they make up for it with superior egos, which seems to be enough for them. In any case, ego trumps dictionary every time because dictionaries can be mistaken.

Satanists believe in admitting wrong when we are.
I just happen to be right in this argument. Smile
The dictionary can be wrong, It says clearly what a Witch is and I can tell you there are Traditional Witches and Family Witches as well as non religion, non Wiccan Witches who are not Wiccan and do not fit in with any of the descriptors above.
Also some dictionaries list an atheist as someone who actively says there is no God-I know some atheists who tend to take that position but not all of them do. Irreligious, anti religious-some are yes but not all.
Saying all religions are cults is silly when they do not fit the old standard of what a cult is. Regardless though as to if I am in a cult or not, it wont change my views, only time can do that if that is where I will be led. who knows. Life is a journey. I couldnt say.
19-11-2012, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 06:12 PM by Logica Humano.)
(19-11-2012 03:38 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 03:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Because they're smarter than us. They're smarter than dictionaries. They're smarter than Satan. Just ask the arrogant . In fact, I'm pretty sure they're all smarter than each other (yes, I recognize the recursion there).

Satanists believe in admitting wrong when we are.
The dictionary can be wrong, It says clearly what a Witch is and I can tell you there are Traditional Witches and Family Witches as well as non religion, non Wiccan Witches who are not Wiccan and do not fit in with any of the descriptors above.
Also some dictionaries list an atheist as someone who actively says there is no God-I know some atheists who tend to take that position but not all of them do. Irreligious, anti religious-some are yes but not all.
Saying all religions are cults is silly when they do not fit the old standard of what a cult is. Regardless though as to if I am in a cult or not, it wont change my views, only time can do that if that is where I will be led. who knows. Life is a journey. I couldnt say.
You are saying that the dictionary is incorrect in stating that a witch is a follower of Wicca? I do not know whether or not to be appalled or amazed by your lack of intelligence. Even Wikipedia.

Here are a few more definitions from different dictionaries. You do know that there are multiple dictionaries, right?

Quote:witch
noun
1a) woman thought to have evil magic powers, popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat, and flying on a broomstick.
1b) follower or practitioner of modern witchcraft; a Wiccan priest or priestess.
2) informal an ugly or unpleasant old woman.
3) a girl or woman who is bewitchingly attractive.
4) an edible North Atlantic flatfish.
Quote:witch (wch)
n.
1. A woman claiming or popularly believed to possess magical powers and practice sorcery.
2. A believer or follower of Wicca; a Wiccan.
3. A hag.
4. A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
5. Informal A woman or girl considered bewitching.
6. One particularly skilled or competent at one's craft: "A witch of a writer, [she] is capable of developing an intensity that verges on ferocity" (Peter S. Prescott).

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
20-11-2012, 07:24 AM
(19-11-2012 06:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I do not know whether or not to be appalled or amazed by your lack of intelligence.
Have you forgotten that he is part of the superior Elite? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-11-2012, 08:47 AM
(19-11-2012 06:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 03:38 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Satanists believe in admitting wrong when we are.
You are saying that the dictionary is incorrect in stating that a witch is a follower of Wicca? I do not know whether or not to be appalled or amazed by your lack of intelligence. Even Wikipedia.

Here are a few more definitions from different dictionaries. You do know that there are multiple dictionaries, right?

Quote:witch
noun
1a) woman thought to have evil magic powers, popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat, and flying on a broomstick.
1b) follower or practitioner of modern witchcraft; a Wiccan priest or priestess.
2) informal an ugly or unpleasant old woman.
3) a girl or woman who is bewitchingly attractive.
4) an edible North Atlantic flatfish.
Quote:witch (wch)
n.
1. A woman claiming or popularly believed to possess magical powers and practice sorcery.
2. A believer or follower of Wicca; a Wiccan.
3. A hag.
4. A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
5. Informal A woman or girl considered bewitching.
6. One particularly skilled or competent at one's craft: "A witch of a writer, [she] is capable of developing an intensity that verges on ferocity" (Peter S. Prescott).

Good Lord
Stop trying to twist my words around.
I said that the dictionary states very clearly that a Witch is an old woman, or a woman who connects to the devil for sorcery or black magic, a hag that rides a broomstick OR a Practioner of Wicca, BUT NOT ALL WITCHES ARE WICCAN SO THE DICTIONARY IS MISSING SEVERAL POINTS HERE AND IS IN ERROR
What about : a practioner of Magic (not black magic and not sorcery)
or how about: a MALE OR FEMALE
Or how about: someone who follows Pagan beliefs such as believe in a Goddess and magic
there are many missed definitions in the dictionary entry for the word Witch.
Satanism is also missed because its considered a philosophy by most of its adherents but there are some including myself who at this point (now read that carefully) at this point (I am always researching, always learning new information, always drawing new conclusions) who consider it to be their religion.
20-11-2012, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 09:36 AM by Impulse.)
(29-02-2012 10:31 AM)katbus Wrote:  I am an Atheist. I also identify with Satanist. I follow Anton LaVey's Satanism. The reason I am bringing up the topic of Satanism is because of the most recent podcast "living after faith" where I found myself shocked and slightly saddened to hear the thinking atheist discuss Satanism and laugh at the idea of a "level headed" Satanist. He went on to say he believed that probably Satanists identified as such for shock value. I am personally offended by the idea. Satanism has been given such a bad name.

I am a very level-headed individual, and do not want to shock people. In fact, my Satanism has to stay under wraps because of my job and because I don't want the negative attention associated with Satanism. I am just making this topic to hear the opinions of other free-thinkers regarding Satanism. How do you personally feel about it? What do you actually know about it? What are your thoughts?

Please discuss this topic with me! I was so surprised to find such an amazing guy as the thinking atheist sound so closed-minded (though in his defense, he admitted ignorance and said he would look further into it) and ignorant on this topic.

Just curious if anyone out there would like to discuss this with me. Maybe even learn about it from someone on the inside of it, to prevent ignorance on this subject.

Thanks!
I know nothing about satanism or the church of satan.

My impression has always been that it is related to the biblical satan and so I have always felt a predisposition against the whole idea before hearing any more. Whether you believe in a god or not, satan represents evil so I don't know why anyone would be interested in that.

If I'm wrong about what satanism is, please correct me since I am only interested in truth.

That said, how is it that you're both an atheist and a satanist? Maybe my lack of knowledge about satanism is at fault, but those seem contradictory.

Also, if satanism is not related to the biblical satan, then why is it named as such?

Edit:
Aw man, I just noticed the OP was back in February and this is a resurrected old thread. Katbus hasn't been back to it, so I doubt I'll be getting any replies to my questions.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
20-11-2012, 09:46 AM
(20-11-2012 08:47 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 06:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You are saying that the dictionary is incorrect in stating that a witch is a follower of Wicca? I do not know whether or not to be appalled or amazed by your lack of intelligence. Even Wikipedia.

Good Lord
Stop trying to twist my words around.
I said that the dictionary states very clearly that a Witch is an old woman, or a woman who connects to the devil for sorcery or black magic, a hag that rides a broomstick OR a Practioner of Wicca, BUT NOT ALL WITCHES ARE WICCAN SO THE DICTIONARY IS MISSING SEVERAL POINTS HERE AND IS IN ERROR
What about : a practioner of Magic (not black magic and not sorcery)
or how about: a MALE OR FEMALE
Or how about: someone who follows Pagan beliefs such as believe in a Goddess and magic
there are many missed definitions in the dictionary entry for the word Witch.
Satanism is also missed because its considered a philosophy by most of its adherents but there are some including myself who at this point (now read that carefully) at this point (I am always researching, always learning new information, always drawing new conclusions) who consider it to be their religion.
Take the time to read the other definitions, and you will find the droids you are looking for. Drinking Beverage I can tell that you do not even bother reading sources, so I am stopping here. Good day to you.