Atheism and Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: Atheism and Satanism
(20-11-2012 01:11 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 12:58 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  So, You are saying that my friend who is a Psychic and a Satanist is not a Satanist because she works as a Psychic and knows that she is actually just a con artist?
Lesser Magic to me has always been about manipulating those around me and in the world to get what I want or need and that would definately include money if that was something I wanted to go after-I personally am more focused on other things but I am not opposed to my friend's needs.
Yes, all Ritual practices from meditation to spirit dancing to chanting are psychodrama, You take what works and discard the rest but they are not taken literally.
I would require more details, but no, that wouldn't exclude your friend from being a Satanist. What remains to be seen is whether she's a good one.

I'm not sure just what you're talking about here, but you sound precisely like a psychic vampire. Not very Satanic.

LOL
well Ive never been called a psychic vampire before, I am in fact very much against people like that who take and take some more but never give back, that doesnt describe me at all, what I was speaking of when I said take what works and discard the rest was PRACTICES.

Meditation might work for one person where a curse might work for another, lighting a candle might work for you but I may prefer black strobe lights, its whatever works for each person and they should not worry themselves about what does not work.
I myself have been a Satanist (well all my life) but did not know I was such until i was 29, I have read and re-read every article, essay, interview and book I could find on the subject and I am planning to read them all again and again most likely because I like to go back and see what I missed the first few times, I always find new things when I do that and I find myself in agreement with Satanism as a religion or philosophy as the case may be.
I do commit one of the sins on occasion though, #3, I do that with my boyfriend and I have done it here on this forum and its a common sin from what I hear, I realize its a sin and I work on not doing it but its an easy one to fall into.
As for my friend, she has been involved with Satanism since she was a teen ager, she used to tell me about her beliefs but I would not listen because I never took the time to investigate it, it was one of the last religions I explored....but yeah she is a Satanist through and through but I admit I have always wondered about her working as a psychic which is why I asked-Yet it does seem like LaVey was a con man too and he even admitted to being one and a liar, lol and Satan is the ultimate con man Smile
Good to have that question answered.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Philosophically, we cannot escape our dualities. We're like a point on a circle, I, relating to the remaining arc, not- I. Thus we project the point of Lucifer to the arc of God; try to pull the trinity out of our ass by labeling the circle God, the arc, the Son, and continue to miss the point.

As a prophet, I have claimed the name Lucifer in the past; the best vantage point is still just another vantage point. The numerology, the ritual, the "magic;" like a bunch of feathers, do not change the bird. "Lucifer" is fine philosophy, but anything else tacked on is just kinda gaudy.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 01:52 PM
HoC, why are you so mind-boggling yet so lucid at the same time?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
20-11-2012, 01:53 PM
(20-11-2012 01:32 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 01:11 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  I would require more details, but no, that wouldn't exclude your friend from being a Satanist. What remains to be seen is whether she's a good one.

I'm not sure just what you're talking about here, but you sound precisely like a psychic vampire. Not very Satanic.

LOL
well Ive never been called a psychic vampire before, I am in fact very much against people like that who take and take some more but never give back, that doesnt describe me at all, what I was speaking of when I said take what works and discard the rest was PRACTICES.

Meditation might work for one person where a curse might work for another, lighting a candle might work for you but I may prefer black strobe lights, its whatever works for each person and they should not worry themselves about what does not work.
I myself have been a Satanist (well all my life) but did not know I was such until i was 29, I have read and re-read every article, essay, interview and book I could find on the subject and I am planning to read them all again and again most likely because I like to go back and see what I missed the first few times, I always find new things when I do that and I find myself in agreement with Satanism as a religion or philosophy as the case may be.
I do commit one of the sins on occasion though, #3, I do that with my boyfriend and I have done it here on this forum and its a common sin from what I hear, I realize its a sin and I work on not doing it but its an easy one to fall into.
As for my friend, she has been involved with Satanism since she was a teen ager, she used to tell me about her beliefs but I would not listen because I never took the time to investigate it, it was one of the last religions I explored....but yeah she is a Satanist through and through but I admit I have always wondered about her working as a psychic which is why I asked-Yet it does seem like LaVey was a con man too and he even admitted to being one and a liar, lol and Satan is the ultimate con man Smile
Right, your description of "manipulating" just sounded a bit bad. If you're comfortable in yourself, have at it.

Sure, Anton was a conman, like so many great, smart people are. What he wasn't is a sadist. I'm not saying your friend is either, it's just hard to make the distinction with little information. BTW, sorry if I came off a bit hostile, I tend to do that.
20-11-2012, 02:05 PM
(20-11-2012 11:55 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 09:46 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Take the time to read the other definitions, and you will find the droids you are looking for. Drinking Beverage I can tell that you do not even bother reading sources, so I am stopping here. Good day to you.
I think what he's trying to say is that a Wiccan is a witch, but a witch isn't necessarily a Wiccan, which is true. How about this: Atheism: the doctrine that there is no god, wickedness. Does that seem accurate to you? It's in the Merriam-Webster.
I have already made it clear that there is a definition for that as well. But, as I said, there are multiple fucking dictionaries. Why is this news to people?

a·the·ist (th-st)
n.
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

athe·ism noun \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\
1) archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
2) a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

a·the·ism [ey-thee-iz-uhm]
noun
the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

See Wikipedia:

Quote:Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

Just as I have quoted the definitions that describe the context in which Irishdize is using.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
20-11-2012, 02:15 PM
(20-11-2012 01:53 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 01:32 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  LOL

Right, your description of "manipulating" just sounded a bit bad. If you're comfortable in yourself, have at it.

Sure, Anton was a conman, like so many great, smart people are. What he wasn't is a sadist. I'm not saying your friend is either, it's just hard to make the distinction with little information. BTW, sorry if I came off a bit hostile, I tend to do that.

well, If she were here I would let her speak for herself but from what I know of her, she is not a sadist, she loves money, she feels that she needs money (well she does, we all do, lol) but I mean she doesnt care about sex or power or accomplishment as much as she does money and she feels that people need reassurance, they need to know that things will work out right and thats why they go to psychics and so she just gives them what they need-while getting what she needs and all the while realizing that she-in fact no one-is a real psychic, thats my take-now she might come here some day and tell me I am completely wrong and thats ok, i could be.
she doesnt strike me as a sadist which is something (right?) who gets pleasure out of hurting people? she knows she is a con woman but she does feel bad sometimes when a client says things to her like-I spent my whole life savings on you or what not and yet she still continues her work. fine line maybe?
would a sadist not be a welcome member in Satanism? I cant deny that when I have pulled one over on people that sometimes I get a thrill that I have done so, like, wow, I am good, I wasnt sure I could pull that one off or-an internal need to scream-sucker! I admit that I feel good at some of my cons so to speak so in a sense that is sadistic, though I would never engage in a con that hurt someone physically or harmed an animal or child or broke the law, my Job which is not illegal is about selling products that do not work-They arent illegal products, they just dont work. Like many products dont work or dont work as they are supposed to work...working as a psychic is also not illegal, i guess I feel that if a person is stupid enough to fall for the bullshit that either of us are selling, they deserve what they get.
am I wrong?
Evil_monster
20-11-2012, 02:18 PM
(20-11-2012 01:52 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  HoC, why are you so mind-boggling yet so lucid at the same time?

There are people who *(and this wont make sense, lol)
they are able to see things on a deeper level than the rest of us, they are able to see way below the surface and so sometimes they seem a bit off and yet they are very intelligent.

House of cantor seems like such a person to me.
20-11-2012, 02:24 PM

(20-11-2012 02:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

(20-11-2012 11:55 AM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
I think what he's trying to say is that a Wiccan is a witch, but a witch isn't necessarily a Wiccan, which is true. How about this: Atheism: the doctrine that there is no god, wickedness. Does that seem accurate to you? It's in the Merriam-Webster.

I have already made it clear that there is a definition for that as well. But, as I said, there are multiple fucking dictionaries. Why is this news to people?

a·the·ist (th-st)
n.

noun

See Wikipedia:

Quote:Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

Just as I have quoted the definitions that describe the context in which Irishdize is using.

Witch: a person, now especially a woman, who professes or is supposed to practice magic, especially black magic or the black art;sorceress.
Compare warlock.

So what's your point with the Wiccan stuff?
20-11-2012, 02:34 PM
(20-11-2012 02:15 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 01:53 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  Right, your description of "manipulating" just sounded a bit bad. If you're comfortable in yourself, have at it.

well, If she were here I would let her speak for herself but from what I know of her, she is not a sadist, she loves money, she feels that she needs money (well she does, we all do, lol) but I mean she doesnt care about sex or power or accomplishment as much as she does money and she feels that people need reassurance, they need to know that things will work out right and thats why they go to psychics and so she just gives them what they need-while getting what she needs and all the while realizing that she-in fact no one-is a real psychic, thats my take-now she might come here some day and tell me I am completely wrong and thats ok, i could be.
she doesnt strike me as a sadist which is something (right?) who gets pleasure out of hurting people? she knows she is a con woman but she does feel bad sometimes when a client says things to her like-I spent my whole life savings on you or what not and yet she still continues her work. fine line maybe?
would a sadist not be a welcome member in Satanism? I cant deny that when I have pulled one over on people that sometimes I get a thrill that I have done so, like, wow, I am good, I wasnt sure I could pull that one off or-an internal need to scream-sucker! I admit that I feel good at some of my cons so to speak so in a sense that is sadistic, though I would never engage in a con that hurt someone physically or harmed an animal or child or broke the law, my Job which is not illegal is about selling products that do not work-They arent illegal products, they just dont work. Like many products dont work or dont work as they are supposed to work...working as a psychic is also not illegal, i guess I feel that if a person is stupid enough to fall for the bullshit that either of us are selling, they deserve what they get.
am I wrong?
Evil_monster
Yeah, that sounds fine to me, really. Of course, the 5. statement holds true with other Satanists as well, so if you're "smiting" someone doing your job, expect to be smashed. That's the nature of the game.
20-11-2012, 04:44 PM
(20-11-2012 02:24 PM)Pr0fanus Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 02:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

a·the·ist (th-st)
n.

noun

See Wikipedia:

Witch: a person, now especially a woman, who professes or is supposed to practice magic, especially black magic or the black art;sorceress.
Compare warlock.

So what's your point with the Wiccan stuff?
He had previously made a statement that dictionaries lack proper terminology regarding the word. I thought he meant the description of a Wiccan priest(ess). It does not matter, as the same exact dictionary citations describe non-Wiccan witches accurately as well.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]