http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Euclidean+geometry

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
27-05-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Atheism and morality
(27-05-2015 03:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  We're not dealing with the best and brightest here Drinking Beverage

Yes, you must forgive me for my humble intelligence.
27-05-2015, 04:28 PM
(27-05-2015 04:16 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 03:42 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You've studied up to Calc II but don't know what Euclidean geometry is?

I don't recall ever hearing the term Euclidean Geometry, if it was something mentioned in my geometry class we're talking about 20 years ago, if it was in my Calculus courses we're talking about 10 years ago.

So perhaps my photographic memory is failing me here, lol.

It is, of course, a prereq for trig, which is of course a prereq of calculus, which is of course a prereq for Calc II. Hope that helps.
27-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Atheism and morality
(27-05-2015 04:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 03:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  We're not dealing with the best and brightest here Drinking Beverage

Yes, you must forgive me for my humble intelligence.

Your ignorance is noted.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
27-05-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 04:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-05-2015 11:45 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 11:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Wasn't there already a thread where Girly showed you how actually 2+2=4 isn't certainly right in all forms of mathematically attributions and that mathematics that are set up by arbitrary labels doesn't actually conflate to some real confirmed comment.

Yes, Girly did make the argument, but he confessed to being a factual relativist.

What a fucking dolt. Whether I'm a nihilist or factual relativist or Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that arithmetic is not only intrinsically relative to a radix, IT IS FUCKING DEFINITIONALLY SO! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABSOLUTE ABOUT MATHEMATICS OR LOGIC! Please stop using mathematics to try and make your point. You are not only embarrassing yourself but whatever educational system resulted in such ignorance.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-05-2015, 04:50 PM
(27-05-2015 02:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Have you ever studied advanced mathematical theory?

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhaaaaahhhhahaaaaahaaahhha​ahhhaaahaaa.

#sigh
27-05-2015, 05:02 PM
(27-05-2015 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 11:45 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, Girly did make the argument, but he confessed to being a factual relativist.

What a fucking dolt. Whether I'm a nihilist or factual relativist or Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that arithmetic is not only intrinsically relative to a radix, IT IS FUCKING DEFINITIONALLY SO! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABSOLUTE ABOUT MATHEMATICS OR LOGIC! Please stop using mathematics to try and make your point. You are not only embarrassing yourself but whatever educational system resulted in such ignorance.

Except of course for the fact that if you're a factual relativist nothing is absolute or objectively true, let alone mathematics, duh. So asking you to distinguish between something that is absolute or objective, as opposed to relative is a non-starter. It's like asking someone who thinks everything is imaginary, if he can tell me what's real, or a solipsist as to what exists outside of his own mind.
27-05-2015, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 05:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-05-2015 03:39 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 02:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Analogy: is Euclidean geometry objectively true?
Don't know what that is. So I lack a belief.

Oh my dear fucking Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died for our sins never to be heard from again. I was introduced to Euclid's postulates and Euclidean geometry when I was 10 yo in elementary school. ALL of Euclidean geometry is RELATIVE to these postulates.

1) A straight line may be drawn between any two points.
2) A piece of straight line may be extended indefinitely.
3) A circle may be drawn with any given radius and an arbitrary center.
4) All right angles are equal.
5) If a straight line crossing two straight lines makes the interior angles on the same side less than two right angles, the two straight lines, if extended indefinitely, meet on that side on which are the angles less than the two right angles.

Change any one of these postulates and you have a completely different geometry RELATIVE to the new postulates. For the love of God and all that is human, please stop using math in your arguments. By your own admission you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-05-2015, 05:14 PM
(27-05-2015 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Change any one of these postulates and you have a completely different geometry RELATIVE to the new postulates. For the love of all that is human, please stop using math in your arguments.

Uhm, the only mathematical example I use is 2+2. And I'm still trying to get my head around why 4 is not an objectively true answer.

Is it objectively true when these numbers correspond to actual objects like apples, or shoes?
27-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Atheism and morality
Peep this:
Radix is 10... 2+2=4
Radix is 3... 2+2=11
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post