Atheism and the Conversion Factors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Atheism and the Conversion Factors
Hello fellow atheist,
Explain to me here what make you an atheist.
As for me l have a simple and profound explaination,
I simply don't see god. But according to my religious friends they told me that God exists here, there, and everywhere. I don't believe, I need to see to believe.
It maybe that l needed the 6 sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like 5senses's post
13-09-2013, 11:18 AM
RE: Atheism and the Conversion Factors
The rational exercise of ones mind should be enough to keep gullibility at bay.

What makes me an atheist is my lack of belief in any gods, until sufficient evidence can be presented.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
13-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Yup.

You hit the nail on the head.

There is no evidence for any gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-09-2013, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't say I don't believe simply because I don't "see" God. I don't see air, but I know it's there because of it's effect on other senses and things around me. There's not a trace of evidence, ever been found to support the existence of a deity.

So for me it's more about evidence ... there's none so be found so I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume he's not there.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Well,
I guess we all have to wait quite a while. As quantum physic put it , "God may or may not exist until observed"
Meanwhile, we just going to get hit with theory after theory, definition after definition, without no resolution of God what so ever.
13-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I gave it 30 years. I realized that either god was a total monster or god does not exist. I figure the latter is much more likely than than the first.
[+] 4 users Like Dena's post
13-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Atheism factors?

I get bombarded with harmful superstitions every day.

I use Atheism Factor 30 to protect my thick skin.

Dodgy

[+] 15 users Like DLJ's post
14-09-2013, 08:13 AM
First I decided that the biblical god I was raised with didn't exist. Then all other religions didn't make any sense to me either, they were as bad or worse explanations, full of the same ridiculous stories and superstitions as xianity. So I decided god wasn't communicating with man about what he wants from us - or wasn't communicating clearly, which is actually worse.

Then I looked at the world and say all natural factors in play, with no emotional or actual presence of god in the world, and decided if a god existed, he didn't care. The last step was upon realizing that if god did exist, he didn't care to know me or care for his creation at all, well that didn't really make sense - and the reality set in that there is no god. The whole thing didn't comport with my experience of the world, and other explanations, like a basic behaviorism, did so much. After that it was just "clean up on Isle 9 - Religion Department" of my brain. That part is still in progress, 18 years later. The emotional trappings of religion need to be rooted out - they stay a lot longer than the belief systems (for me).

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
14-09-2013, 08:31 AM
(13-09-2013 03:10 PM)5senses Wrote:  Well,
I guess we all have to wait quite a while. As quantum physic put it , "God may or may not exist until observed"
Meanwhile, we just going to get hit with theory after theory, definition after definition, without no resolution of God what so ever.

Quantum Physics makes no statements about any gods. It never will. The gods are not the subject of science, and never will be.

Many things exist which human senses (without technology) cannot detect. Believing in only what one can "see", is idiotic.

Asserting that one's personal reason is "profound" is just a teensy weensy arrogant.

Nothing "makes" anyone an atheist. We are all born atheists. The question is, "What made you (more likely than not), to buy into the gods of your parents ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-09-2013, 11:12 AM
(13-09-2013 11:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Atheism factors?

I get bombarded with harmful superstitions every day.

I use Atheism Factor 30 to protect my thick skin.

:dodgy: