Re: Atheism and the Conversion Factors
Lorem ipsum?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2014, 02:21 AM
RE: Atheism and the Conversion Factors
[Image: quantum_mechanics.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
01-12-2014, 02:44 AM
[Image: dude_youre_so_deep_i_cant_even_see_you_right_now.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-12-2014, 03:25 AM
(30-11-2014 03:02 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Great. It's the kind of theist that doesn't know what words mean.

That's pretty much standard fare though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-12-2014, 08:53 AM
(28-11-2014 06:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is possibly the most incoherent babble this season; your post will be entered into the Word Salad World Series.

Thank you for validating my decision to stop reading after "Today I will continue to distinguish between a Relativity system versus a Quantum system.". I'm getting to the point where I can spot woo on a subconscious level...

[Image: awesome-lg_zpsa8897ee6.png]
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
08-12-2014, 01:16 PM
I don't know what the fuzz is all about here.
A Relativity system is logic within logics, program within programs, theory within theories mind within minds, brain within brains. It is a system that is isolated within a brain, a box, or a room.
How about a Quantum system?
A Quantum system are those systems that uses sensor, detector, or receptor to make a measurement, to make an observation, to make a distinction between two objects, or simply to locate an object.
A Quantum system is simply sensory perception with multiple sensors for focusing and amplification.

Now lets go into the Schroedenger's cat in the box
In this thought experiment Schroedenger decided to put a cat in the box with a radioactive substance that when a particle decay within one hour it will trigger a particle detector. The particle detector then trigger a hammer in which it swing and break a glass full of poison. Therefore the cat will died as a results of a particle decay. If within one hour there is no particle decay the cat will live to see another day. So really the cat's life hangs on between decay or not decay. According to Quantum mechanic the cat is both dead and alive before you open the box. But when you open the box and looks the cat is either dead or alive but not both. This is due to the collapsed of the wave functions into a point.
There are many different interpretations to what all these mean. There are the Copenhagen interpretation, the Many worlds interpretation, and the Black holes complementarity interpretation. And if you have any good videos or information about Schroedenger's cat put it here. Also what is yours interpretation on it?
I'll be back. ..
08-12-2014, 01:55 PM
I wonder if there exists a clue. A crumb of info that would lead us through this menagerie of the Relative and the Quantum. Perhaps, if we should so ponder, we might consider that we oursleves do not both exist and not exist.
06-01-2015, 03:07 PM
(08-12-2014 01:55 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  I wonder if there exists a clue. A crumb of info that would lead us through this menagerie of the Relative and the Quantum. Perhaps, if we should so ponder, we might consider that we oursleves do not both exist and not exist.
06-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Quantum vs Relativity. Or how about Neil Bohr vs Einstein? These two doesn't mixed but they can work as complementary. Einstein thinks God does not play dice therefore the universe operates deterministicaly. His equations and Newton equations show that to be true. Bohr an atheism that he is dislike the idea that Einstein is telling God what to do.
The problem here is that we have three things going on here. We have all the dead things out there and in our blind side. We don't know what it is exactly until we looks at it. Looking at it means simply we uses one of our 5 senses. Thus it is our 5 senses which tell us if something exists or not. It is our 5 senses which tell us if something is dead or alive. It is our 5 senses which tell us something is real or not. It is sensory perception which connects what exactly out there and what in our mind. Thus sensory perception play an important role here. Not because I say so but because the Quantum language say so. Our minds without our 5 senses is also play an important role. When ever we reason, compute, or do physics in our heads it automatically disconnect what out there. Thus thinking about the moon is different than Looking at the moon.
06-01-2015, 06:16 PM
(06-01-2015 04:23 PM)5senses Wrote:  Not because I say so but because the Quantum language say so.

[Image: Spongebob-good-luck.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition