Atheism and the Conversion Factors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2015, 06:39 AM
RE: Atheism and the Conversion Factors
(13-09-2013 11:18 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The rational exercise of ones mind should be enough to keep gullibility at bay.

What makes me an atheist is my lack of belief in any gods, until sufficient evidence can be presented.

How about the evidence for God being a delusion, imaginary, being a product of man's capacity to believe in fictions? Is any of this a part of what makes you an atheist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2015, 08:14 AM
(20-05-2015 06:39 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 11:18 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The rational exercise of ones mind should be enough to keep gullibility at bay.

What makes me an atheist is my lack of belief in any gods, until sufficient evidence can be presented.

How about the evidence for God being a delusion, imaginary, being a product of man's capacity to believe in fictions? Is any of this a part of what makes you an atheist?

That probably has more to with what makes a theist, be a theist. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Having just read through this thread it reminds me of some woo program I once endured. Can't remember if it was about 'The Secret' or something about going down a rabbit hole?...anyway there was one woman (I think it was a woman) who believed she was channelling some ancient wise something-or-other. When she went into a 'trance' a bunch of woo not unlike this poured out.

For the life of me though I cannot remember what that film was. It would seem my brain is serving me well and filtering out the crap and dross.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
20-05-2015, 02:58 PM
(20-05-2015 09:11 AM)Eva Wrote:  Having just read through this thread it reminds me of some woo program I once endured. Can't remember if it was about 'The Secret' or something about going down a rabbit hole?...anyway there was one woman (I think it was a woman) who believed she was channelling some ancient wise something-or-other. When she went into a 'trance' a bunch of woo not unlike this poured out.

For the life of me though I cannot remember what that film was. It would seem my brain is serving me well and filtering out the crap and dross.

The Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-05-2015, 07:56 PM
What made me an atheist was finding the fallicies in the bible, proving that religion, education, and society are all systems of control that use fear in the form of a reward and punishment system
20-05-2015, 08:50 PM
(20-05-2015 09:11 AM)Eva Wrote:  Having just read through this thread it reminds me of some woo program I once endured. Can't remember if it was about 'The Secret' or something about going down a rabbit hole?...anyway there was one woman (I think it was a woman) who believed she was channelling some ancient wise something-or-other. When she went into a 'trance' a bunch of woo not unlike this poured out.

Sounds like the Abraham-Hicks shit. A former friend of mine believes in The Secret and the Hicks crap.
06-06-2015, 06:20 PM
The woo is in understanding. It's might be my English as a second language and a difficult subject to talk about. Anyway lets talk about the measurement problem. The Shrodenger cat in the box is riddle with the measurement problem. But first we have to understand about the AND and the OR. The AND is said to be complementary to the OR. when the cat is in the box the cat is said to be both dead AND alive the same time with two wave functions. But if someone open the box to looks at the cat the wave functions RANDOMLY collapse into one OR the other. In the AND mode we have an isolated system that evolved deterministic according to the Shrodenger equation. Thus if no one open the box the system inside the box will stay isolated and determine. But when the system is open it becomes contaminated by
the observation??? OR the environment??? OR the measuring tool??? If this is not confusing enough asked. ..where ,when randomness occurs??? From what I know it's randomly collapse into dead or alive. No one, not even God, chooses the cat to be dead or alive. How about the conscious observer did he select the cat to be dead or alive? No.
If you say yes you have been brain washed by your own mind. First of all the whole concept about the universe is arranged backward. Blame on main stream physicist on this one. Second by having an isolated system like in a box, and having a cat in both dead and alive at the same time tells a lot about how Quantum nature is able to cut or reduce our mental capacity by half. The AND is a form of mental reduction towards a complete randomness. In other words after reduction and reductions the mind will cease to exist. The only universe left is a random universe. The actual universe is completely random and asymmetry in 3 dimensions of space while the
3D + T or 4 Dimensions that we know is just a metaphysics. What Quantum nature is saying here is that the 4 Dimensions metaphysics is trying its best to mimic or simulate the actual/asymmetry/random universe outside the mind. These two worlds is said to be next/parallel to each other. They are separated by the uncertainty principle.
Run out of time. . Gotta go.
06-06-2015, 06:53 PM
5 senseless,
I think a "physic" is something you take to make you poop.
Is that what you mean by "gotta go" ?

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2015, 09:05 PM
(06-06-2015 06:20 PM)5senses Wrote:  The woo is in understanding. It's might be my English as a second language and a difficult subject to talk about. Anyway lets talk about the measurement problem. The Shrodenger cat in the box is riddle with the measurement problem. But first we have to understand about the AND and the OR. The AND is said to be complementary to the OR. when the cat is in the box the cat is said to be both dead AND alive the same time with two wave functions. But if someone open the box to looks at the cat the wave functions RANDOMLY collapse into one OR the other. In the AND mode we have an isolated system that evolved deterministic according to the Shrodenger equation. Thus if no one open the box the system inside the box will stay isolated and determine. But when the system is open it becomes contaminated by
the observation??? OR the environment??? OR the measuring tool??? If this is not confusing enough asked. ..where ,when randomness occurs??? From what I know it's randomly collapse into dead or alive. No one, not even God, chooses the cat to be dead or alive. How about the conscious observer did he select the cat to be dead or alive? No.
If you say yes you have been brain washed by your own mind. First of all the whole concept about the universe is arranged backward. Blame on main stream physicist on this one. Second by having an isolated system like in a box, and having a cat in both dead and alive at the same time tells a lot about how Quantum nature is able to cut or reduce our mental capacity by half. The AND is a form of mental reduction towards a complete randomness. In other words after reduction and reductions the mind will cease to exist. The only universe left is a random universe. The actual universe is completely random and asymmetry in 3 dimensions of space while the
3D + T or 4 Dimensions that we know is just a metaphysics. What Quantum nature is saying here is that the 4 Dimensions metaphysics is trying its best to mimic or simulate the actual/asymmetry/random universe outside the mind. These two worlds is said to be next/parallel to each other. They are separated by the uncertainty principle.

You utterly misunderstand Schroedinger's Cat.

Schroedinger made that up to criticize the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum mechanics.

There would be nothing that happens when opening the box except that the observer would then know the state of the cat.
The observer does not affect the state.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-06-2015, 09:16 PM
(07-06-2015 09:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-06-2015 06:20 PM)5senses Wrote:  The woo is in understanding. It's might be my English as a second language and a difficult subject to talk about. Anyway lets talk about the measurement problem. The Shrodenger cat in the box is riddle with the measurement problem. But first we have to understand about the AND and the OR. The AND is said to be complementary to the OR. when the cat is in the box the cat is said to be both dead AND alive the same time with two wave functions. But if someone open the box to looks at the cat the wave functions RANDOMLY collapse into one OR the other. In the AND mode we have an isolated system that evolved deterministic according to the Shrodenger equation. Thus if no one open the box the system inside the box will stay isolated and determine. But when the system is open it becomes contaminated by

You utterly misunderstand Schroedinger's Cat.

Schroedinger made that up to criticize the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum mechanics.

There would be nothing that happens when opening the box except that the observer would then know the state of the cat.
The observer does not affect the state.

He also doesn't understand space-time. They are not separate dimensions.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.