Atheism and the Conversion Factors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: Atheism and the Conversion Factors
My biggest "conversion factor" was not being indoctrinated into a religion in the first place.

Actually, that was the only one.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Ditto!
Shawnzy - what you said goes for me. Intellectual honesty requires a rejection of gods and superstition. For 2K years, the theists have been trying to make a case that he exists. They have simply failed.

It is time to move on from our infantile notions of a sky-daddy pulling the strings and orchestrating the natural events of the cosmos that we haven't quite figured out the mechanics for - yet. Time to put away those "childish things".
27-09-2013, 12:58 PM
(13-09-2013 10:51 AM)5senses Wrote:  Explain to me here what make you an atheist.

As I was never indoctrinated, what kept me atheist , for the most part is just not being a dumb cunt.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
27-09-2013, 01:11 PM
(27-09-2013 12:58 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 10:51 AM)5senses Wrote:  Explain to me here what make you an atheist.

As I was never indoctrinated, what kept me atheist , for the most part is just not being a dumb cunt.

Just a slow cunt? Tongue

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
28-09-2013, 06:39 PM
And so we have two universes one inside the singularity (me) and the other outside (you). Well there only two things in the universe. One is reality the other must be theoretical. Looking at the boundaries between the two universes one would think that only a couple more evidences of god we would see the plank scale, and that the universe wave function would collapsed and that my reality become your reality.
But we see none of that, except infinity. It is a complete separation. All you have is a massive pile of evidences in the hope to see god in the future. This to me is theoreticall. We need to go back and examine what is the nature of observation and measurement. This is the only place you will see plank scale and wave function collapses.
28-09-2013, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2013 06:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-09-2013 06:39 PM)5senses Wrote:  And so we have two universes one inside the singularity (me) and the other outside (you). Well there only two things in the universe. One is reality the other must be theoretical. Looking at the boundaries between the two universes one would think that only a couple more evidences of god we would see the plank scale, and that the universe wave function would collapsed and that my reality become your reality.
But we see none of that, except infinity. It is a complete separation. All you have is a massive pile of evidences in the hope to see god in the future. This to me is theoreticall. We need to go back and examine what is the nature of observation and measurement. This is the only place you will see plank scale and wave function collapses.

There is only one universe. By definition the "universe" is everything that exists.
Did someone grant you the right to cook up your own definitions, and impose them on others, and assume agreement, without first obtaining it ?

How and where and when, exactly, have you seen the Planck scale, and observe wave function collapse at the Planck scale ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-09-2013, 06:57 PM
(13-09-2013 10:51 AM)5senses Wrote:  I simply don't see god.

I saw god. Thumbsup

Made me a gnostic atheist. Whether or not god exists is rather irrelevant to the question of theism, as theism is presented. I'm not an atheist because god does not exist - even though "he doesn't exist" across all scales - but rather because local theism is offensive, unnecessary, cruel, and just plain wrong. It's a marketing thing.

And!

Every time I see "Atheism and the Conversion Factors," I expect to see a music video. Just sayin'. Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2013, 10:24 PM
(28-09-2013 06:57 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Every time I see "Atheism and the Conversion Factors," I expect to see a music video. Just sayin'. Angel

Would have made a good '70's progressive funk band name. Thumbsup

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
05-10-2013, 05:55 PM
(28-09-2013 06:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-09-2013 06:39 PM)5senses Wrote:  And so we have two universes one inside the singularity (me) and the other outside (you). Well there only two things in the universe. One is reality the other must be theoretical. Looking at the boundaries between the two universes one would think that only a couple more evidences of god we would see the plank scale, and that the universe wave function would collapsed and that my reality become your reality.

There is only one universe. By definition the "universe" is everything that exists.
Did someone grant you the right to cook up your own definitions, and impose them on others, and assume agreement, without first obtaining it ?

How and where and when, exactly, have you seen the Planck scale, and observe wave function collapse at the Planck scale ?
05-10-2013, 06:20 PM
I was catholic. I took Latin starting at 11. It was assumed I would work for the church in some way.

My fundamentalism died with my training in theology. My belief died when I got access to certain facts and certain documents dating from about 14AD to 400AD.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One question that completely refutes atheism diddo97 192 3,831 Yesterday 07:16 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Approaching the Atheism/Theism convo w. someone smileXsmileXsmile 9 220 22-07-2014 08:14 AM
Last Post: smileXsmileXsmile
  How Far can You Stretch Atheism? Mr. Slave 4 147 16-07-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  Share your de-conversion story Hughsie 168 11,187 11-07-2014 08:25 PM
Last Post: Nogon
  Is atheism in Sweden declining Jazki21 1 138 27-06-2014 10:10 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Atheism in middle east Jazki21 8 140 26-06-2014 11:49 PM
Last Post: PoolBoyG
  Is agnostic atheism a default position or conclusion? Momsurroundedbyboys 32 428 24-06-2014 05:47 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants