Atheism and the Conversion Factors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Atheism and the Conversion Factors
That's just silly.
This is just a test to see if people here stuck with their own state of mind. So far, I see most of us are stuck with our own theory and definitions. We need to go beyond that and see what is mechanism that makes reality a reality. For example when you said by definition the universe is everything that exists. Well in this case;
1) I don't know how and where you got this definition from?

2) Name one thing that exists as real in present state?
What mechanism did you used to justify that it is real? This is the keys to understanding the hierarchy problems in the Standard Model and in string theory.

Another point that I said was about see plank scale, What I mean was that we need to move to quantum physics where such things are presented.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Quote:For example when you said by definition the universe is everything that exists. Well in this case;

Wikipedia perhaps ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe
The Universe is commonly defined as the totality of existence,[1][2][3][4] including planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy.[5][6] Similar terms include the cosmos, the world and nature.

Quote:2) Name one thing that exists as real in present state?
I don't get this question, everything that exist, exist as real in it's present state.
Let's say ...this coffee cup I am drinking from right now. To the best of my knowledge it exists as real in it's present state. Mechanism? I see it, I feel it, I can hold it,and I can change it's present state by breaking it.
I don't know shit about string theory tho. So I might've missed your point completely.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
10-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Lets examine your actions piece by piece Slowminded. But first and foremost if it looks like, sounds like, taste like, smell like, and feel like then it must be real. But what we really want to know is what is the nature of that reality.
There are two processes going on here;
Process 1)
You made a deliberate and deterministic action in the attempt to break the cup . For example moving your hand and down on the table. This is a deterministic command from mind to move the hand, but this is a blind action. It has no sensory feed back. Here the mind/brain can move part of the body such as hands, legs, eye lids, and so on in a determine fashion. Also this action is said to be happening in present time. This means that you have to look from the mind perspective in which it plan out the next time interval to move and what part to move. More on this process next time. ...
Process 2)
After you blindly attempt to break the cup, you inspect/observers the results. This is sensory perception at work. We have the observer, the sensor, and the observable aligned. And yet the idea of sensory perception itself has no moving parts. If there is moving part it is done by process #1. Sensory perception is said to happen only in the present state. This means that the image recognition is always live.
More on this process next time. ...
10-10-2013, 07:01 PM
(13-09-2013 10:51 AM)5senses Wrote:  Hello fellow atheist,
Explain to me here what make you an atheist.
Short answer:
I started to realize that I really had some serious doubts that I'd been otherwise sweeping under the rug for several years. The more and more I examined it, the less and less I saw an all loving god in the Bible and the world around me. Once I got to the point where that god sufficiently disgusted me, I allowed myself to actually question my beliefs. Eventually, I realized that I'd gone all of my life without giving any serious consideration to Islam or the FSM, and I wondered, why am I doing so with Christianity when it brings nothing more to the table than the other two?

Shorter, more snarky answer:
If YHWH wanted me to take him seriously, he would have made himself non-falsifiable.
20-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Recall that the mind has a definite control over the movement of the body. But without the guidance of it companion, the sensory perception, those movements are simply blind motions. Thus so far I somewhat succeeded in separate the two.
Lets briefly definite sensory perception and measurement. In physic the terms measurement and observation are used interchangeably. But this doesn't consider the others 4 senses. Lets define what is what.
Sensory perception is the use of the 5 senses to locate and identify the observable. For observation there is an image recognition program inside the brain. For smell there is a smell recognition program inside the brain. Thus there is a recognition program for all 5 senses inside the brain.

Oops run out of time got run....
29-10-2013, 06:09 PM
When we are talking about sensory perception we are talking about ;
1) The parts: the brain, the recognition program, the sensor, the observable, and the signal such as light or an election. These parts must be all aligned so that when the system is on the image will be in focus and in present state. A present state is something that only a living beings can have. It's always live. Also an
Artificial intelligence being can also have. A continuous observervation or continuous sensing.

2) If we don't focus on the parts, we must focus on the
flow of information. The information that flow between the brain and the observable. The information are in term of identity and position. It has nothing to do with movement or momentum or any thing to with motion or description of motion. It is about getting latest information on observable position in which the mind will use. It is the mind who is the expert in motion control and it's descriptions.

3) If we don't focus on information flow, we must focus on all its dimension. ....will continue. .
04-11-2013, 08:26 PM
4) The dimensions are counted linear like this;
/3space 1time/ 2space 1space 3space
If we thread all the dimensions we get 10D. The
/3space 1time/ is called the brain world. Which contains a master program called the mind. But right now we only concern part of the program that concern the recognition programs. Thus we suppress the brain power and increase the sensory power. For example animal kingdom has sensory power while human has brain power. Obviously there is a lot to talk about but right now I just want to roughly describe what these dimensions are with respect to sensory perception The 2space is the sensor area. The 1space is the signal coming from the 3space observable.
Notice that the sensory process requires a higher dimensions but this does not stop any intelligent being including animal from seeing 3d. Another important aspect here is that these dimensions are physically connected. This means that it is the actualized state. The actualized state is the material world. It is not some fuzzy abstract field or some vague consciousness. It's about the intelligence of distinguishing a table from a chair. Or an election from a proton. For example when you touch a table how come it feel hard? Under sensory perception and intelligence you are feeling the state of an atom. The material parts not the vacuum or space part of the atom.....will continue. .
04-11-2013, 09:23 PM
I found no-god from becoming a skeptic/cynic .
My atheist friends mostly lost god because the Bible stories were convincingly man made (madmanmade).
and religion was counter to our morals. .

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
04-11-2013, 10:22 PM
(05-10-2013 06:41 PM)5senses Wrote:  That's just silly.
This is just a test to see if people here stuck with their own state of mind. So far, I see most of us are stuck with our own theory and definitions. We need to go beyond that and see what is mechanism that makes reality a reality. For example when you said by definition the universe is everything that exists. Well in this case;

2) Name one thing that exists as real in present state?
What mechanism did you used to justify that it is real? This is the keys to understanding the hierarchy problems in the Standard Model and in string theory.

Another point that I said was about see plank scale, What I mean was that we need to move to quantum physics where such things are presented.

I don't understand what string theory or the definition of reality have to do with this thread.

To answer the OP,
There were a lot of factors in play that lead me to atheism. First, sexism in the bible. Second, learning about the apocrypha and reading the non-canon gospels. Third, my sister's a lesbian. Fourth, anthropology 101. Fifth, studying abroad. Sixth, my Greek and Roman Mythology course. Seventh, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. After all that (which was pretty much all of college) I was officially deconverted and started actually calling myself an atheist.
05-11-2013, 01:18 AM
I was born an atheist, and never found reason to change my mind.