Atheism destroyed with a question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Atheism destroyed with a question
(01-02-2014 02:16 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  tacking a sprig of parsley onto a fresh dog turd does not make it a souffle

OP would disagree Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-02-2014, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 02:25 PM by true scotsman.)
Here are two questions that totally obliterate theism: Why? and how do you know?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 5 users Like true scotsman's post
01-02-2014, 02:32 PM
(01-02-2014 01:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 01:25 PM)JAH Wrote:  ...
Odd that a drive by did not even check the quality of the video before posting it.

Nope. That's the only thing that was credible about this.

Oh! And the egg came first.

Yes

Nope. Chicken came first.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
(01-02-2014 05:18 AM)Darkledit Wrote:  

The video is sourced too.

Obviously you caught the fail-boat to get out of here.

[Image: failboat.jpg]

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
01-02-2014, 02:41 PM
(01-02-2014 02:32 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 01:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Nope. That's the only thing that was credible about this.

Oh! And the egg came first.

Yes

Nope. Chicken came first.

Technically it was the egg considering that various species have been laying eggs for million of years prior to the evolution of birds and the domestication of wild fowl into delicious meat containers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
01-02-2014, 02:49 PM
(01-02-2014 02:41 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 02:32 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Nope. Chicken came first.

Technically it was the egg considering that various species have been laying eggs for million of years prior to the evolution of birds and the domestication of wild fowl into delicious meat containers.

SCIENCED! Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-02-2014, 02:50 PM
(01-02-2014 02:41 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 02:32 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Nope. Chicken came first.

Chicken is the only critter that produces the protein necessary to hold the egg shell together and make it solid. Ergo: Chicken.*

Unless you are talking about the generic egg and not specifically a chicken egg.....

*Can't find the link to the article, dammit.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
01-02-2014, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 03:13 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(01-02-2014 02:50 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 02:41 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Technically it was the egg considering that various species have been laying eggs for million of years prior to the evolution of birds and the domestication of wild fowl into delicious meat containers.

Chicken is the only critter that produces the protein necessary to hold the egg shell together and make it solid. Ergo: Chicken.*

Unless you are talking about the generic egg and not specifically a chicken egg.....

Since the chicken didn't just poof into existence wouldn't it still need to be the egg? Also I believe other birds produce hard shells which is due to protein.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

01-02-2014, 03:05 PM
(01-02-2014 02:50 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 02:41 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Technically it was the egg considering that various species have been laying eggs for million of years prior to the evolution of birds and the domestication of wild fowl into delicious meat containers.

They need to better define the perimeters then. Anyways, there were bird species prior to the chicken as we know it, so its still the egg. My definition of an egg in this instance being the solid type. Reptiles, at least from what I'm seen, tend to have softer-shelled eggs. Amphibian eggs look and feel like snot. I've done field work with salamanders and frogs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
I was an atheist, but then this video showed me the true path:

I hope that His Noodliness will forgive me for straying from the path...Angel

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain