Atheism destroyed with a question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: Atheism destroyed with a question
(01-02-2014 03:05 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 02:50 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Chicken is the only critter that produces the protein necessary to hold the egg shell together and make it solid. Ergo: Chicken.*

Unless you are talking about the generic egg and not specifically a chicken egg.....

*Can't find the link to the article, dammit.

They need to better define the perimeters then. Anyways, there were bird species prior to the chicken as we know it, so its still the egg. My definition of an egg in this instance being the solid type. Reptiles, at least from what I'm seen, tend to have softer-shelled eggs. Amphibian eggs look and feel like snot. I've done field work with salamanders and frogs.

Chicken & Egg is a false dilemma.

Both go back to evolutionary common ancestors of chickens & eggs. i.e it is a false dilemma. Eg reptiles still have a chicken egg problem as do fish.
Eventually the question will fall on abiogenesis & the first dividing self replicating system. What came first...DNA or DNA polymerase ? (and other enzymes required to make & stabilize DNA)

However when phrased like this the chicken/egg problem is simplified and solutions are much more comprehensible even though we don't know the answer yet (eg some RNA precursor to both DNA & DNA polymerases or similar common ancestry precursors yet to be identified)

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
01-02-2014, 03:30 PM
What a bunch of crap!

.. So how come the Big Bang Theory isn't "just a theory?"
01-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Well fuck! That video was so shitty I stopped 20 seconds in and failed to be converted to Christianity. I wish I was more patient. See you in hell, other impatient non-believers.
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
01-02-2014, 03:42 PM
(01-02-2014 02:50 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 02:41 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Technically it was the egg considering that various species have been laying eggs for million of years prior to the evolution of birds and the domestication of wild fowl into delicious meat containers.

Chicken is the only critter that produces the protein necessary to hold the egg shell together and make it solid. Ergo: Chicken.*

Unless you are talking about the generic egg and not specifically a chicken egg.....

*Can't find the link to the article, dammit.

Yup, I know the one. There's a YouTube vid too.

So, because of that, I nearly said "chicken" first.

But the OP said "egg".

Had it said "chicken egg" I would agree with you.

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-02-2014, 03:49 PM
The first problem with this video is when it said "Atheism cliams..."

Failed already right there. Atheism makes no claims, therefor you cannot "debunk" it.

It's a statement "I don't believe in god/s", and that is true, I don't believe in them. The only way atheism could be "destroyed" is if you were to prove that all atheist actually do believe in "God". But we don't, so you can't.

I win, video loses, atheism remains undestroyed.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
01-02-2014, 03:58 PM
The egg comes first. I never thought that was a particularly difficult question when you understand evolution.
The ancestors of chickens, who are a species of bird very similar to chickens came from eggs, so thus the egg came first.

I am still very unclear what a chicken or an egg have to do with atheism

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
01-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Got to love a thread with the title

[Image: AyQYzqG.png]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
01-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I love how some random drive by nitwit thinks posting a fuck-terrible video on youtube about something as bloody ridiculous as chicken and egg is sufficient to 'destroy atheism'...

I think he's just trying to drive his 'video viewed' count up 'cos he's got some ridiculous need for attention... Rolleyes And I watched it. Will be more careful in the future...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
The video says and I'm paraphrasing "When an atheist denies "bullshit imaginary father figure", then he's saying that the universe is eternal or it came from nothing.

Now he says that science has shown the universe to not be eternal, that's it's finite and it had an origin, so thus it's not eternal.

Now he moves into a "definition of nothing", but we don't have an actual, realistic nothing to examine in the universe.
Now talking about an observation of nothing, we find that nothing does a great deal. Nothing is a bubbling, boiling brew of virtual particles that the universe can arise from.

Then we get more false assertions about what logic tells us and what atheism claims.
You say it's illogical to say that something cannot come from nothing, but first please show me the nothing you say that something can't come from. Show me nothing, because so far all I see is something.
Just because we have a concept of something, doesn't mean it has an actual real life representation.
Your god for instance. I understand the concept, but the actual real life representation of that doesn't appear to exist.

Nothing is a concept created by man. God is a concept created by man
"God is nothing and something cannot come from nothing." - There you go

He says "It's statistically impossible for the universe to not be designed"......oh really ? Based on what do you make that assertion ?
It's also statistically impossible for a more complex god to exist FIRST before the universe did.
What are the odds of those godly forces of nature coming together to create a god that miraculously knows everything ?

Your assertion of a god is no more plausible than a retarded pink unicorn drooling the universe into existence.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm going to destroy theism with one question, "Why did the chicken cross the road"?

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post