Atheism destroyed with a question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Atheism destroyed with a question
(24-02-2014 09:20 AM)donotwant Wrote:  All those things make perfect sense to me.

Bully for you Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 09:31 AM
(24-02-2014 09:25 AM)natachan Wrote:  You are either lying or you do not have a good grasp on it.

Nope. I know exactly what they are about and they make perfect sense. I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to realize that world consists of many different things and small things work differently then big groups of those things together. I guess I am just too logical for most of humanity.
24-02-2014, 10:21 AM
(24-02-2014 09:31 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 09:25 AM)natachan Wrote:  You are either lying or you do not have a good grasp on it.

Nope. I know exactly what they are about and they make perfect sense. I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to realize that world consists of many different things and small things work differently then big groups of those things together. I guess I am just too logical for most of humanity.

No, the point is that you understand them because you learned about them and you can observe a reality in which there are 80 years of experimental and practical confirmation for the precepts of quantum mechanics.

They are not postulates which would be (or, indeed, were) arrived at through what me might call naive physical intuition or "common sense".

That's the distinction. Macroscopic non-relativistic statistical physics do not provide a way to work 'backwards' to derive their component antecedents.

... this is my signature!
24-02-2014, 12:41 PM
(24-02-2014 09:20 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 09:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Pauli exclusion principle.

Wave-particle duality.

Pretty much everything in QM doesn't make sense. But it works.

All those things make perfect sense to me.

They are completely counter to common sense. Common sense says you aught to be able to know the position and velocity of an object simultaneously. Common sense would tell us there's no reason identical fermions shouldn't be able to occupy the same quantum state - how does one know that state is already taken? Common sense would tell you waves are simply the actions of particles.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post