Atheism for some?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Atheism for some?
It seems all pops has to offer are special pleadings.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-11-2015, 06:42 PM
(29-11-2015 12:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 12:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Have you not noticed that none of us believe, accept, or welcome your good news? Consider

Go away, you are annoying. Drinking Beverage
There are approximately 10000 of you. You don't speak for all.

Thorns are a pain.

Peace

Please provide evidence of anyone here who disagrees with me on this because the evidence is all on my side.

What the actual fuck are you doing here?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2015, 06:44 PM
(28-11-2015 11:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Think I'll stick to inserting my position on the threads of others. Really fun and productive and revealing though.

Yeah, do that. It's called trolling and will get you banned. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-11-2015, 06:48 PM
(29-11-2015 07:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 11:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
I knew better than to post an actual topic, even if harmless.

Y'all are becoming so predictable
y'all always

Y'all of us?

I think that all but one of us in ths thread were doing their best to give some lea way.

I'd encourage you to continue posting about your epiphanies as and when they occur.

Smile

leeway

29-11-2015, 07:31 PM
(29-11-2015 01:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 01:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude. I got like 20,000 posts. Wouldn't exactly characterize myself as "read-only".
Okay. Perhaps you are the odd one out. I was talking about the people who continually claimed that none on this site show hatred towards God, then claim they where showing hatred towards an idea which is ridiculous in my personal opinion.

I'm not proud, in your case I may have misspoke.

You know you could alter that position on those people if you know, you did something simple as respond to questions directly and provided evidence for any of those claims.

I'll also help you out, I mean, if you're reading through peoples posts and thinking you see that. The most likely place you would see the concept of hatred of God is in some random Introduction posts by some joining questioning folks, who came to the site with questions and on feeling uneasy on some edge... the question that rises is, does this person not believe though? Or are they on some verge were their belief is wavering due to elements like such anger, but they've yet to come to terms with the idea of there not being a supreme deity so they're not sure what they think yet.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-11-2015, 07:50 PM
(29-11-2015 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 11:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Think I'll stick to inserting my position on the threads of others. Really fun and productive and revealing though.

Yeah, do that. It's called trolling and will get you banned. Thumbsup

We have others who do that all the time but since their 'message' is different it doesn't seem to be considered trolling. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-11-2015, 10:56 PM
(28-11-2015 01:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So another individual tried to say I was never an atheist again. I found it offensive again, somehow. Was thinking; I used to not only vehemently not believe in God, but also held a very strong contempt for God simultaneously. I recall cursing God out of some mix of hatred and disbelief. Thinking or recollecting this brought me to the realization that I indeed must have never been a true atheist, as one cannot hold any emotion towards a thing that they don't believe in. So although I was an evolutionist for the majority of my life thus far, I cannot claim that I was a real atheist because of my contempt or hatred towards God.

I know many here seem to hate God and the mere possibility of us being created from a source. But logic states that you cannot have any regard towards something you don't think is even real. My logic anyway.

Opinions?

Peace

This is funny, in a way. It reminds me of when I left Christianity, and Christian 'friends' of mine (and some family) said...'you were never a true Christian.' And then, when I left atheism, I didn't hear that as much as ...''I never really thought you were a true atheist.''

I've come back to Christianity for a few reasons, all different than why I was a Christian the first go 'round. And you have to come to a point, when you no longer let what others think of you...shape you. Many people are on journeys in and out of faith, and some...are always steadfast either as atheists or theists. I'm finally at peace with my coming back, and you have to just let go, and find your own sense of peace. As an atheist, or a theist...or whatever you wanna call yourself.

On another note, you are deeply in the red. lol There is a story behind this, I'm sure. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
29-11-2015, 10:59 PM
(28-11-2015 03:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, that's all good and great. My point is that I have observed seemingly countless cases of individuals here with an utter hatred for God and the general concept there of. This, in it's self negates atheism.

Hate and indifference are not the same things. I once had an indifference towards the idea of a god. And it wasn't hate. Most everyone here doesn't 'hate' God. They simply disbelieve that a god exists, and are indifferent about it.

Be true to yourself. Heart
30-11-2015, 07:39 AM
(29-11-2015 11:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 07:24 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I take that as an admission that you are here just to troll. Pathetic.
I will be utterly speechless the day none of you assume anything about me not take what I say out of context.

Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle 'metallic'....

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
30-11-2015, 07:42 AM
(28-11-2015 04:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 03:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
utter hatred for God and the general concept there of.

Seriously, do you understand the difference between the two?
I don't, please elucidate.