Atheism for some?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: Atheism for some?
(29-11-2015 06:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 12:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are approximately 10000 of you. You don't speak for all.

Thorns are a pain.

Peace

Please provide evidence of anyone here who disagrees with me on this because the evidence is all on my side.

What the actual fuck are you doing here?
If they generally read only then there is no "evidence" to provide then is there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2015, 09:10 AM
(29-11-2015 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 11:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Think I'll stick to inserting my position on the threads of others. Really fun and productive and revealing though.

Yeah, do that. It's called trolling and will get you banned. Thumbsup
Posting a comment relative to the topic at hand, or in response to a post directed at ones self isn't trolling. :thumbs up:
30-11-2015, 09:13 AM
(29-11-2015 10:56 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So another individual tried to say I was never an atheist again. I found it offensive again, somehow. Was thinking; I used to not only vehemently not believe in God, but also held a very strong contempt for God simultaneously. I recall cursing God out of some mix of hatred and disbelief. Thinking or recollecting this brought me to the realization that I indeed must have never been a true atheist, as one cannot hold any emotion towards a thing that they don't believe in. So although I was an evolutionist for the majority of my life thus far, I cannot claim that I was a real atheist because of my contempt or hatred towards God.

I know many here seem to hate God and the mere possibility of us being created from a source. But logic states that you cannot have any regard towards something you don't think is even real. My logic anyway.

Opinions?

Peace

This is funny, in a way. It reminds me of when I left Christianity, and Christian 'friends' of mine (and some family) said...'you were never a true Christian.' And then, when I left atheism, I didn't hear that as much as ...''I never really thought you were a true atheist.''

I've come back to Christianity for a few reasons, all different than why I was a Christian the first go 'round. And you have to come to a point, when you no longer let what others think of you...shape you. Many people are on journeys in and out of faith, and some...are always steadfast either as atheists or theists. I'm finally at peace with my coming back, and you have to just let go, and find your own sense of peace. As an atheist, or a theist...or whatever you wanna call yourself.

On another note, you are deeply in the red. lol There is a story behind this, I'm sure. Big Grin
In the red?
30-11-2015, 09:43 AM
(30-11-2015 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 06:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please provide evidence of anyone here who disagrees with me on this because the evidence is all on my side.

What the actual fuck are you doing here?
If they generally read only then there is no "evidence" to provide then is there?

Name one who disagrees.

What the actual fuck are you doing here? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2015, 09:45 AM
(28-11-2015 01:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So another individual tried to say I was never an atheist again. I found it offensive again, somehow. Was thinking; I used to not only vehemently not believe in God, but also held a very strong contempt for God simultaneously. I recall cursing God out of some mix of hatred and disbelief. Thinking or recollecting this brought me to the realization that I indeed must have never been a true atheist, as one cannot hold any emotion towards a thing that they don't believe in. So although I was an evolutionist for the majority of my life thus far, I cannot claim that I was a real atheist because of my contempt or hatred towards God.

I know many here seem to hate God and the mere possibility of us being created from a source. But logic states that you cannot have any regard towards something you don't think is even real. My logic anyway.

Opinions?

Peace

Never an atheist again? Sounds like "Home again for the first time!"
30-11-2015, 12:08 PM
Pops, if you had a friend, who had an imaginary friend named Bob..and because of this imaginary friend your friend did stupid stuff or just wasted a bunch of their life. Would you say you hated Bob? Or would you say you hated what the idea of Bob is doing to your friend?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
30-11-2015, 12:41 PM
(29-11-2015 12:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are approximately 10000 of you. You don't speak for all.

Hey there, nut case,
This is an atheist forum. We neither want nor welcome your version of "good news". None of us.

Your "good news" involves an eons old pissed-off deity, who (supposedly) required the sacrifice of a son, before he could feel better. I suppose it IS in line with your insanity that you would consider that bullshit as "good news", but trust me, it's not all that *good*. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-11-2015, 01:31 PM
(30-11-2015 12:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Hey there, nut case,
This is an atheist forum. We neither want nor welcome your version of "good news". None of us.

Your "good news" involves an eons old pissed-off deity, who (supposedly) required the sacrifice of a son, before he could feel better. I suppose it IS in line with your insanity that you would consider that bullshit as "good news", but trust me, it's not all that *good*. Facepalm
I'm sorry that you base your perception and judgement on a very limited interpretation of scripture. The sacrifice of the Christ is for the sake of man as a whole, not God.
30-11-2015, 01:35 PM
(30-11-2015 12:08 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Pops, if you had a friend, who had an imaginary friend named Bob..and because of this imaginary friend your friend did stupid stuff or just wasted a bunch of their life. Would you say you hated Bob? Or would you say you hated what the idea of Bob is doing to your friend?

Bob is not imaginary. Slack!

[Image: bob.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
30-11-2015, 02:17 PM
(30-11-2015 01:31 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 12:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hey there, nut case,

I'm sorry that you base your perception and judgement on a very limited interpretation of scripture. The sacrifice of the Christ is for the sake of man as a whole, not God.

Assuming it ever happened, it benefited no one alive today.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user