Atheism for some?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: Atheism for some?
(30-11-2015 04:23 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 12:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hey there, nut case,
This is an atheist forum. We neither want nor welcome your version of "good news". None of us.

Your "good news" involves an eons old pissed-off deity, who (supposedly) required the sacrifice of a son, before he could feel better. I suppose it IS in line with your insanity that you would consider that bullshit as "good news", but trust me, it's not all that *good*. Facepalm
Most primitive religions are based on blood etc...

I figured that they would be based on bullshit just like today. A prehistoric shaman casts a "spell" (paints stick figures on the wall). If a hunt is successful, it would be seen as proof of the shaman's magic. The clan would leave an offering of choice meat in the wilderness as payment for the "gods" (the shaman) and the "gods" (shaman) get good food. If the hunt fails, he gets to blame it on the hunters for displeasing those gods. The hunters will fight amongst themselves about who brought about the curse and eventually single out the least popular/worst hunter (or some even less popular scapegoat), that person gets their skull crushed with a stone hand-axe, and gets left in the wilderness as an food offering to the "gods" (the shaman). Either way, the shaman gets to sit around all day painting, sleeping, lazing around, doing no work, contributing nothing of tangible substance to the community, licking toads, watching the cave melt.

Religion is Applied Bullshit. So is multi-level marketing.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
11-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Atheism for some?
Depends on the religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply