Atheism for some?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Atheism for some?
(28-11-2015 11:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 10:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That's close enough.

You narrow down the definition of god to a deistic description rather than an extended theistic description and you could have stopped after "... lack thereof" and it would have been more accurate... but let's go with that.

So, yes, I agree. Someone who hates or is angry with god (the first definition) can not be an atheist. One has to believe in that god to be angry with it.

As others have explained, above, regarding the 'concept of god', the anger is directed to what is done due to the associated beliefs (regarding slavery, anti-homosexuality etc.) and subsequent actions (e.g. throwing homosexuals from high buildings) because of the belief in the god-model.

There is unlikely to be 'hatred' towards the erroneous model itself because ... see earlier comments about Darth Vader etc.

Cheers.
All here still seem to pretend that there are none of this forum whom show literal hatred towards God yet claim atheism as opposed to lucifarianism or satanism. The hatred in itself is an indicator, even if not perceived by the hater. That's all. Surely some, most even, here, indeed hate the acts of those manipulated by faulty doctrine, and are atheists.

One more time: No atheist hates God because no atheist believes God exists. Drinking Beverage

Many do, however, think the character depicted in the Bible is contemptible.

You seem to be confusing atheism and hatred of religion; they are not the same thing. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-11-2015, 01:18 PM
(28-11-2015 12:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 12:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Name two people here who hate god. No one can hate a mythical non-entity.
I think you just made all that shit up.
get help, and get a life.
Yeah, I made it up jackass.

Spilling my fn guts about the inner most workings of myself in the past and sincerely inquire to others that I know can relate, and you, in your blind arrogance, have the gall to say I'm making it up. Know that I am doing all I can to restrain myself from really flashing out over this.

I will chalk it up to ignorance, and through such, assumption on your part.

I did not make it up.

I hope your ego doesn't veil your perception for the extent of your physical life.

Peace

Whatever you didn't just make up, someone else did and you swallowed it book, lie, and Binker. Drinking Beverage

Binker

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Play stupid all you want.

If someone hated a consept the would say f the concept of _. Not f _.

I should have known none of you would so much as agree with a single notion. The herd mentality is almost scary. Realise that the only herd with any significance is of one, and wholeness, not of partiality. It always baffles me how I get acused of things that most of you display repeatedly, blindly, and without regard whatsoever. It is tiring. That's okay though. Work is tiring.
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2015, 01:33 PM
(28-11-2015 01:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 12:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, I made it up jackass.

Spilling my fn guts about the inner most workings of myself in the past and sincerely inquire to others that I know can relate, and you, in your blind arrogance, have the gall to say I'm making it up. Know that I am doing all I can to restrain myself from really flashing out over this.

I will chalk it up to ignorance, and through such, assumption on your part.

I did not make it up.

I hope your ego doesn't veil your perception for the extent of your physical life.

Peace

Whatever you didn't just make up, someone else did and you swallowed it book, lie, and Binker. Drinking Beverage

Binker
That's cute.

You forget that I was literally saved and shown without any prior doctrine, worship, belief, or knowledge, or acceptance of God in any perceivable form.

Ass
28-11-2015, 01:34 PM
(28-11-2015 01:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Play stupid all you want.

I should have known none of you would so much as agree with a single notion. The herd mentality is almost scary. Realise that the only herd with any significance is of one, and wholeness, not of partiality. It always baffles me how I get acused of things that most of you display repeatedly, blindly, and without regard whatsoever. It is tiring. That's okay though. Work is tiring.

There's a thing in language called implication. It is obviously implied that they hate the concept rather than the "thing" itself. There's no reason this should be in dispute.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
28-11-2015, 01:42 PM
(28-11-2015 01:34 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Play stupid all you want.

There's a thing in language called implication. It is obviously implied that they hate the concept rather than the "thing" itself.
Regardless, you all play like absolutely none of you ever stated, publicly, or privately, that you hated God because it is illogical for an atheist. Whatever, no big deal. Was just making conversation and see now that the extent of the general unwillingness to accept a thing even in part due to blind pride is a problem that permeates the entire logic system, or rather, the lack their of, on the part of all who have commented, in favor of steadfast heedlessness as if I am some wolf in sheep's clothing come to devour your flock. Telling to say the least, still a shame though.

Regardless, whatever.

Still, peace
28-11-2015, 01:52 PM
(28-11-2015 01:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Whatever you didn't just make up, someone else did and you swallowed it book, lie, and Binker. Drinking Beverage

Binker
That's cute.

You forget that I was literally saved and shown without any prior doctrine, worship, belief, or knowledge, or acceptance of God in any perceivable form.

Ass

No, you literally had a brain state which you illogically interpreted as that. Drinking Beverage

28-11-2015, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 02:06 PM by Chas.)
(28-11-2015 01:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:34 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  There's a thing in language called implication. It is obviously implied that they hate the concept rather than the "thing" itself.
Regardless, you all play like absolutely none of you ever stated, publicly, or privately, that you hated God because it is illogical for an atheist. Whatever, no big deal. Was just making conversation and see now that the extent of the general unwillingness to accept a thing even in part due to blind pride is a problem that permeates the entire logic system, or rather, the lack their of, on the part of all who have commented, in favor of steadfast heedlessness as if I am some wolf in sheep's clothing come to devour your flock. Telling to say the least, still a shame though.

Regardless, whatever.

Still, peace

What the fuck? Persecution?

You are neither a wolf in sheep's clothing nor are you perceived as one. You are perceived as a sad, deluded person with poor reading comprehension and worse logic.

And for the nth time, no one here hates a non-existent being nor claims to. Facepalm

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-11-2015, 01:58 PM
(28-11-2015 01:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Whatever you didn't just make up, someone else did and you swallowed it book, lie, and Binker. Drinking Beverage

Binker
That's cute.

Ass

Yet in your first post on this thread, you say

"I used to not only vehemently not believe in God, but also held a very strong contempt for God simultaneously. I recall cursing God out of some mix of hatred and disbelief."

How can you have had contempt for god and cursed god (therefore, some knowledge of god) and still have been saved "without any prior doctrine, worship, belief, or knowledge"?

Do you mean you never went to a church or read a religious book but still had an experience that you think came straight from god? That's still different from not knowing about god or ever hearing about people having religious experiences. And then--I'm guessing, since you claim now to have a lot of religious knowledge--you started to read a bunch of religious texts and picked out the things that resonated and now are here infesting this forum to tell the rest of us how we can sit peacefully atop ant hills, etc.

In that respect, you're like someone who has a sudden tingling in their big toe that seems to have come out of nowhere, hits the internet, and comes to the sincerely held belief, substantiated by feels and the writings of fellow toe-tinglers, that aliens from the plant Bojtun are sending radio signals to the chosen ones. A mysterious and self-aggrandizing explanation for symptoms always being more convincing to some than something like your shoes are too tight.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
28-11-2015, 02:09 PM
(28-11-2015 01:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So another individual tried to say I was never an atheist again. I found it offensive again, somehow. Was thinking; I used to not only vehemently not believe in God, but also held a very strong contempt for God simultaneously. I recall cursing God out of some mix of hatred and disbelief. Thinking or recollecting this brought me to the realization that I indeed must have never been a true atheist, as one cannot hold any emotion towards a thing that they don't believe in. So although I was an evolutionist for the majority of my life thus far, I cannot claim that I was a real atheist because of my contempt or hatred towards God.

I know many here seem to hate God and the mere possibility of us being created from a source. But logic states that you cannot have any regard towards something you don't think is even real. My logic anyway.

Opinions?

Peace

Sigh

As I have said many times, HUGE difference between being an educated in theology atheist who solidifies their non belief with knowledge, and the run of the mill "I dont believe in god cause....whatever" atheist.

I refuse to believe an educated in theology atheist would throw away all of that knowledge that it is a fabrication based on fiction, forgery and fantasy and suddenly say....yes! I believe!

it is a great story though could use a few more dragons.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post