Atheism for some?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Atheism for some?
(28-11-2015 02:40 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You forget that I was literally saved and shown without any prior doctrine, worship, belief, or knowledge, or acceptance of God in any perceivable form.

Do you have any evidence for that claim? If not, why would you think anybody would see it as anything other than your imagination?
Yeah, I have written record. Also the reason I brought it up is because one of you said some Bs about how my faith or belief or moral code or way of being is the product of doctrine forced on me at an early age. I was simply clarifying that that wasn't the case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2015, 04:59 PM
(28-11-2015 04:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 03:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're rambling Pops Rolleyes

Who cares that some atheists who may or may not exist (since we've only so far got your word for it) may hate a God whom they believe doesn't exist? What would that prove?
Doesn't prove too much really. Just an exercise in logic.

Care to give evidence to show it is even a concept anything like you claim? If you want to make claims and take them on faith for yourself, that's fine. You're gonna get berated on and on when people ask you at least for a minor, even small amount of evidence of this claim that other posters you see "countless of" that you don't account. I asked for evidence before as well and you just glossed over it. A post, a thread it was in, a name, anything could work as a step toward some evidence of the claim.

I guess you literally mean countless as in you can't count them at all. Since you couldn't recount simply 2.

The way your comprehension goes I'd venture to guess here it was your interpretation of people angry at god, which was people talking in a "hypothetical" to a post as if in a scenario where God did exist. Somehow I've seen other people here not grasp the concept of that. if you're talking in these hypothetical if God was real, i'd not worship him or I'd etc... that isn't anyone's actual believe of the emotions of god, it's using critical thinking skills.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
28-11-2015, 05:59 PM
(28-11-2015 03:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, that's all good and great. My point is that I have observed seemingly countless cases of individuals here with an utter hatred for God and the general concept there of. This, in it's self negates atheism.

WTF?

So your OP was just BS?

Typical.

Pops I am an atheist who does not hate god or gods, because they do not appear to exist.

I do hate religions because they exist and present nothing but lies as though lies were truth.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-11-2015, 06:00 PM
(28-11-2015 04:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, I have written record. Also the reason I brought it up is because one of you said some Bs about how my faith or belief or moral code or way of being is the product of doctrine forced on me at an early age. I was simply clarifying that that wasn't the case.

You're a bullshit artist.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-11-2015, 06:28 PM
(28-11-2015 04:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 02:40 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Do you have any evidence for that claim? If not, why would you think anybody would see it as anything other than your imagination?
Yeah, I have written record.

You have written record that you were literally saved? Do tell.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-11-2015, 07:21 PM
(28-11-2015 01:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Play stupid all you want.

If someone hated a consept the would say f the concept of _. Not f _.

I should have known none of you would so much as agree with a single notion. The herd mentality is almost scary. Realise that the only herd with any significance is of one, and wholeness, not of partiality. It always baffles me how I get acused of things that most of you display repeatedly, blindly, and without regard whatsoever. It is tiring. That's okay though. Work is tiring.

You still haven't named two people who hate god. You thought with all your bluster and BS we would forget that ? Nice try. Name two. Now.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-11-2015, 07:22 PM
(28-11-2015 07:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Play stupid all you want.

If someone hated a consept the would say f the concept of _. Not f _.

I should have known none of you would so much as agree with a single notion. The herd mentality is almost scary. Realise that the only herd with any significance is of one, and wholeness, not of partiality. It always baffles me how I get acused of things that most of you display repeatedly, blindly, and without regard whatsoever. It is tiring. That's okay though. Work is tiring.

You still haven't named two people who hate god. You thought with all your bluster and BS we would forget that ? Nice try. Name two. Now.

HeyWouldYouBlowMe, QContradiction, CallOfTheWeak. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-11-2015, 07:25 PM
(28-11-2015 01:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:34 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  There's a thing in language called implication. It is obviously implied that they hate the concept rather than the "thing" itself.
Regardless, you all play like absolutely none of you ever stated, publicly, or privately, that you hated God because it is illogical for an atheist. Whatever, no big deal. Was just making conversation and see now that the extent of the general unwillingness to accept a thing even in part due to blind pride is a problem that permeates the entire logic system, or rather, the lack their of, on the part of all who have commented, in favor of steadfast heedlessness as if I am some wolf in sheep's clothing come to devour your flock. Telling to say the least, still a shame though.

Regardless, whatever.

Still, peace

You're "just making conversation" by calling people asses, and insulting people ? Really ? You seem to be a sociopath. You really do need help. What are you doing here again ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-11-2015, 07:28 PM
(28-11-2015 05:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 03:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, that's all good and great. My point is that I have observed seemingly countless cases of individuals here with an utter hatred for God and the general concept there of. This, in it's self negates atheism.

WTF?

So your OP was just BS?

Typical.

Pops I am an atheist who does not hate god or gods, because they do not appear to exist.

I do hate religions because they exist and present nothing but lies as though lies were truth.

Then you should be able to name two of them, right ?
What IS your problem pops ?

28-11-2015, 07:37 PM
(28-11-2015 01:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So another individual tried to say I was never an atheist again. I found it offensive again, somehow. Was thinking; I used to not only vehemently not believe in God, but also held a very strong contempt for God simultaneously. I recall cursing God out of some mix of hatred and disbelief. Thinking or recollecting this brought me to the realization that I indeed must have never been a true atheist, as one cannot hold any emotion towards a thing that they don't believe in. So although I was an evolutionist for the majority of my life thus far, I cannot claim that I was a real atheist because of my contempt or hatred towards God.

I know many here seem to hate God and the mere possibility of us being created from a source. But logic states that you cannot have any regard towards something you don't think is even real. My logic anyway.

Opinions?

Peace
You seem to be very confused. Your statement is self contradictory. I think you are just trolling. That's my opinion.

I don't hate God because it doesn't exist. I do not approve of those who conceive of such a thing and then go on to teach philosophically unarmed children that if they don't believe and obey this imaginary god that they will be tortured. That I hate. If it were not so wide spread and institutionalized I'm sure it would be considered child abuse. But it gets a pass.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post