Atheism has less tolerance than theism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Re: Atheism has less tolerance than theism
Misrepresenting ideas doesn't help generate a perception that's positiveness. That frequently does more harm than the actual held belief.

You don't need to not believe know souls to be a current atheist. Simply not believing know anything considered a deity. . . And an alien intelligence of high order isnt a deity.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 06:17 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Atheism has less tolerance than theism
(01-09-2014 05:58 PM)OurFather Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's the same in every field. The med students hate the chiropractors, etc etc etc.
Waa waa waa.
I have some news for ya.
You are no "theist" by any definition I know of.
You cooked up your own little fantasy, and call it "theism". (???)
If you *need* to share your personal fantasies with your colleges, you can expect push-back. There is no evidence for it.
Intelligent Design is actually an argument AGAINST a deity. A real god could make life, (or anything else) work, or happen, without being "designed".

Wait so 'intelligent design' is an atheist concept?

Then how come when i talk to atheists, they get mad when I say "an advanced civilization' created us.

For the very reason I stated. It's an argument for nothing. A real god could make things work, no matter how well it's designed.
I suspect you get strange looks, as you cooked up a fantasy, and expect others to accept it. You have no evidence for it. If you do, let's see it.

All those with exposure to Biology know that biological systems are far from being "intelligently designed". There are fairly well worked out pathways that almost every known organism, and organ system evolved. Intelligent Design does not do well under careful scrutiny.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-09-2014, 06:19 PM
(01-09-2014 06:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:58 PM)OurFather Wrote:  Wait so 'intelligent design' is an atheist concept?

Then how come when i talk to atheists, they get mad when I say "an advanced civilization' created us.

For the very reason I stated. It's an argument for nothing. A real god could make things work, no matter how well it's designed.

I suspect you get strange looks, as you cooked up a fantasy, and expect others to accept it. You have no evidence for it. If you do, let's see it.
- Pumapunku site in South America - no way any humans could have created such stone work. To replicate this today requires lazers to do the symetry.
-The pyramids were not created by primitive man. Unless they had the technology of levitation through sound.
-The mayan pyramids, what a coincidence that none of the remaining natives know how to replicate it. Seems to be the story every time.
-Why is the holy land considered the birth place of the Sumerian gods who landed on earth eons ago? Holy Land is now occupied by Chrisitianity, Jews, and Islam because they know our creators first landed there before the ice-age.
- The missing link will never be found because there is no missing link. Darwinism fails to explain how humanity came to be, we should still be a neanderthal levels of intelligence. It takes millions of years to evolve not a mere 100,000 which scientists claim.
01-09-2014, 06:32 PM
So you have idiotic views not backed up by any real evidence mixed in with a bucket load of personal incredulity and you are worried people wont take you seriously? That's a good call, I don't take your whack-a-do seriously either. Honestly just reading your last post alone makes me think your either a lying poe or a credulous idiot. The rest does not really help.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
01-09-2014, 06:34 PM
If it's a theist stance you would argue, ID does have it's flaws. You would be better off pointing out a root or primary cause. Scientists generally accept the idea of causality. For example, if you argued that the Big Bang was caused by a Supreme Being, someone could counter that the Big Bang may have been the result of a 'Big Bounce.' But, there's currently no evidence for this, and even if there was, it could still be argued that something caused or started the Big Bang/Big Crunch cycle. It's difficult to argue that such a process has continued for an infinite amount of time in the past, and never had a beginning. Thus, you would force your opponent to argue against causality, which is difficult.
01-09-2014, 06:41 PM
(01-09-2014 06:19 PM)OurFather Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  For the very reason I stated. It's an argument for nothing. A real god could make things work, no matter how well it's designed.

- Pumapunku site in South America - no way any humans could have created such stone work. To replicate this today requires lazers to do the symetry.
-The pyramids were not created by primitive man. Unless they had the technology of levitation through sound.
-The mayan pyramids, what a coincidence that none of the remaining natives know how to replicate it. Seems to be the story every time.
-Why is the holy land considered the birth place of the Sumerian gods who landed on earth eons ago? Holy Land is now occupied by Chrisitianity, Jews, and Islam because they know our creators first landed there before the ice-age.
- The missing link will never be found because there is no missing link. Darwinism fails to explain how humanity came to be, we should still be a neanderthal levels of intelligence. It takes millions of years to evolve not a mere 100,000 which scientists claim.
So...much...wrong...

WeepingCensoredDrinking Beverage

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
01-09-2014, 06:46 PM
(01-09-2014 05:36 PM)OurFather Wrote:  I agree with you goodwithoutgod

the problem i have with the definition of science where we have to create hypothesis and prove or disprove it: is that we are limited to todays technology.

1000yrs from now - those atheists of the future will look back at us 21st century atheists and say "poor primitive atheists, they didn't realize that spirituality is a science".

But its not our fault. We say humans have no souls as scientists because we cannot prove it with our current knowledge. Yet we know that energy cannot be destroyed when someone dies. So that kinetic energy that engulfs an embryo at birth, where did it go?

Well, that post makes me seriously doubt you are any kind of physics student. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
I call troll

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 2 users Like CiderThinker's post
01-09-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't think he's a student of anything, I think he say a couple episodes of Ancient Aliens and had a brain fart. His way of think as has been demonstrated here is idiotic.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
01-09-2014, 06:50 PM
(01-09-2014 06:19 PM)OurFather Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  For the very reason I stated. It's an argument for nothing. A real god could make things work, no matter how well it's designed.

Blink

click play, watch...evolve

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post