Atheism in a Monarchy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 03:21 AM
RE: Atheism in a Monarchy
(09-05-2014 12:33 AM)Marvindump Wrote:  Hello!
Administrators, please tell me how to add a video from youtube to a post?

Thanks!

What the actual fuck? Only 2 posts, both asking the same question, and neither of which made it to the actual help section?

[Image: im_watching_you_-_copia.jpg]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-06-2014, 05:14 PM
(27-08-2013 08:20 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Monarchs believe They have the divine right to rule. So if you are an atheist in a monarchy does that make you a traitor by thought?

I'm wondering if you could (as an example) name an atheistic monarch please? Once we have a specimen, perhaps we could look to the rest of your inquiry.
25-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Quote:I'm wondering if you could (as an example) name an atheistic monarch please? Once we have a specimen, perhaps we could look to the rest of your inquiry.

There isn't one so far, but I suspect several of the heirs are without faith.
25-06-2014, 05:30 PM
(27-08-2013 08:20 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Monarchs believe They have the divine right to rule. So if you are an atheist in a monarchy does that make you a traitor by thought?

That's mostly a Christian belief, and there are other monarchies besides that religion. They may have (or had) a similar ideology, but If so, I don't know it.

Anyway that particular belief was slowly dissipating from the time of the French revolution, it was certainly gone by WW1. I doubt anybody believes that today.
25-06-2014, 05:34 PM
(16-06-2014 05:14 PM)Noirepiphone Wrote:  

I'm wondering if you could (as an example) name an atheistic monarch please? Once we have a specimen, perhaps we could look to the rest of your inquiry.

I think the OP meant an atheist subject (citizen) in a monarchy, not an atheist monarch.

Religion is bad