Atheism in politics...does anyone believe they are all religious?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Atheism in politics...does anyone believe they are all religious?
I don't think that many people are deists these days, especially people focused on other things beyond a high philosophical focused position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2017, 12:23 PM
(21-08-2017 01:32 PM)julep Wrote:  I agree that there are probably a bunch of pols who are privately nonbelievers, or at the least, doubters. US politicians willing to position themselves as openly atheist would have to be exceptionally courageous and/or exceptionally stupid. Not many exceptionally courageous pols around, and the exceptionally stupid ones are more likely to be believers.

As for puppet, his mentions of god are obviously opportunistic, but I don't know that he's atheist. I think he's a believer, but not religious. You can bet puppet's not hanging with the god-nerds at their weekly Bible study.

Most malignant narcissists are atheist. Even ones who become ministers - they feed on the congregation the way puppet feeds on campaign speeches. They are the gods, no room for other gods. But they can garner some of the worship gods would get for themselves...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-08-2017, 05:10 PM
(21-08-2017 02:50 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I had never heard of "Hulkette." Disturbingly, this is one of the first images that came up when I searched it...

http://tinyurl.com/ycg5qjan

I think I just tasted a little bit of sick at the back of my throat. Sadcryface

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.