Atheism in ten years.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Atheism in ten years.
(03-11-2014 01:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What do you mean by "violently"? Do you mean "suddenly"? I don't know anything violent about American atheism.

Along the lines of a disruptive force I guess, one that actively campaigns to see the end of religion, a force that is both divisive and confrontational. And rather than placating the religious traditions, they would like to see them overturned, and replaced with noble secular forces, though this is commonly advocated for using non-violence.

It's not so much the "sudden" occurrence aspect of it, but rather that tumultuous nature of the anti-theism movement as a whole.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
(03-11-2014 03:56 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  ...but rather that tumultuous nature of the anti-theism movement as a whole.
(03-11-2014 03:56 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Along the lines of a disruptive force I guess, one that actively campaigns to see the end of religion, a force that is both divisive and confrontational. And rather than placating the religious traditions, they would like to see them overturned, and replaced with noble secular forces, though this is commonly advocated for using non-violence.

You know there's a difference between atheism and anti-theism, right?
03-11-2014, 09:09 PM
(03-11-2014 01:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What do you mean by "violently"? Do you mean "suddenly"? I don't know anything violent about American atheism.

He means it was quite the shock for someone to actually start questioning the crap that was always accepted. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-11-2014, 10:09 PM
(03-11-2014 09:05 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You know there's a difference between atheism and anti-theism, right?

yes