Poll: is this atheist campaign passive or aggressive?
passive
aggressive
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Atheism is Patriotic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2011, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 12:49 PM by TrainWreck.)
Atheism is Patriotic
It's a real shame that the more atheistic countries, like Canada, don't do things like us Americans atheists.

July 4 Aerial Banner Schedule – Pictures win shirts! Wrote:This campaign is not about pushing the “atheist agenda” or shoving our views down people’s throats. This is about advertising and raising the tide for all atheists across the United States. This is about getting Americans to recognize the role atheists play in this country and our dedication to its constitution. This is about generating public discussion about atheism, religion and the role of religion in politics and our national identity. This is an opportunity for public discourse about the very issues that are important not only to us, but to every American (whether they realize it or not).

Atheism is Patriotic

It's about advertising??? How can atheism be patriotic? What does it mean to be patriotic and not have an agenda - I thought dissent was the greatest form of patriotism? Atheists beware there will be consequences. But first of all, I doubt if atheists can finance this to any degree of relative significance. I do not think the atheists can afford to fly the banner longer than a half hour any closer than four hours prior to the fireworks display, so there won't be as many people seeing it.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply