Atheism is a Religion? [long post]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 07:34 PM
RE: Atheism is a Religion? [long post]
Dude, it's Conservapedia. The stupidest website of all-time. Of course they're going to say atheism is a religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 10:02 AM
(16-04-2012 07:34 PM)Blood Wrote:  Dude, it's Conservapedia. The stupidest website of all-time. Of course they're going to say atheism is a religion.
Agreed. I think the OP already knows that Atheism is not a religion. And Conservapedia is not a sited source for factual information. So, does this thread really need to be discussed?
18-04-2012, 12:16 PM
(17-04-2012 10:02 AM)arbmouser Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 07:34 PM)Blood Wrote:  Dude, it's Conservapedia. The stupidest website of all-time. Of course they're going to say atheism is a religion.
Agreed. I think the OP already knows that Atheism is not a religion. And Conservapedia is not a sited source for factual information. So, does this thread really need to be discussed?

I absolutely know Conservapedia is a waste of space. I was linked to it from another thread where someone was laughing at it too. I was astounded at the batshit I found within.

But even so, there are people who put stock into this crap. I wanted to collect some responses to their wharrgarbl that went beyond pure dismissal. So... does "Atheism is a religion" need to be discussed? I'll just say it's as much fun to laugh at all of the individual arguments in support of the statement as it is to laugh at the statement itself. Thumbsup And this is the first place I've really looked at that attempts (and spectacularly fails) to provide an argument for why "Atheism is a religion".

I had fun with it. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
18-04-2012, 03:05 PM
(18-04-2012 12:16 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 10:02 AM)arbmouser Wrote:  Agreed. I think the OP already knows that Atheism is not a religion. And Conservapedia is not a sited source for factual information. So, does this thread really need to be discussed?

I absolutely know Conservapedia is a waste of space. I was linked to it from another thread where someone was laughing at it too. I was astounded at the batshit I found within.

But even so, there are people who put stock into this crap. I wanted to collect some responses to their wharrgarbl that went beyond pure dismissal. So... does "Atheism is a religion" need to be discussed? I'll just say it's as much fun to laugh at all of the individual arguments in support of the statement as it is to laugh at the statement itself. Thumbsup And this is the first place I've really looked at that attempts (and spectacularly fails) to provide an argument for why "Atheism is a religion".

Glad to see you're still around Kineo Smile That article on Conservapedia... the horrible thing about it is that it's quite well written - there's links and scholarly looking backup material and discussions of quotes from obscure randoms whom no one has ever heard of - pseudoscience essentially. And then there's the outrageous claims on top... I've learned to stay away from that shit now, but the first time I saw it I was fizzing Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-04-2012, 03:32 PM
(18-04-2012 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-04-2012 12:16 PM)kineo Wrote:  I absolutely know Conservapedia is a waste of space. I was linked to it from another thread where someone was laughing at it too. I was astounded at the batshit I found within.

Glad to see you're still around Kineo Smile That article on Conservapedia... the horrible thing about it is that it's quite well written - there's links and scholarly looking backup material and discussions of quotes from obscure randoms whom no one has ever heard of - pseudoscience essentially. And then there's the outrageous claims on top... I've learned to stay away from that shit now, but the first time I saw it I was fizzing Tongue

Oh yes- still around. I was on vacation for the last week and a half, and very busy just before. I spent a weekend of that time at my very-Christian father's house. Went to church with him (Jerry Falwell's son was the pastor at that church Weeping ), spent 4 hours debating God with him, spent an hour the next day talking politics and more God, but overall still enjoyed my time there.

When I read this article (one of the only ones I read on Conservapedia) I was ready to laugh and cry at the same time.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post