Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
01-01-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(01-01-2015 03:42 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That is genius. BY asking for proof that naturalism is correct, I'm narcissistic.

Actually, you're just a cunt.

You shall remain such until you can provide proof that you not being a cunt is correct.

Cunt.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-01-2015, 05:25 AM
(01-01-2015 04:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:42 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That is genius. BY asking for proof that naturalism is correct, I'm narcissistic.

Actually, you're just a cunt.

You shall remain such until you can provide proof that you not being a cunt is correct.

Cunt.

Drinking Beverage

At least you have evidence... Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
01-01-2015, 05:26 AM
"Atheism is a position with assumptions."

Indeed it is.
There is an assumption that a poster here actually has a functioning brain.
An assumption here, but not a requirement.

Of course every theist posting here assumes, just as every theist for hundreds of thousands of years has, that their particular set of gods is the right one.

"this generations gods are the next generations mythical creatures"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-01-2015, 05:38 AM
(01-01-2015 05:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Atheism is a position with assumptions."

Indeed it is.
There is an assumption that a poster here actually has a functioning brain.
An assumption here, but not a requirement.

Of course every theist posting here assumes, just as every theist for hundreds of thousands of years has, that their particular set of gods is the right one.

"this generations gods are the next generations mythical creatures"
simplified version Tongue
[Image: BvV5yLxCEAIps0E.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
01-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Brownie, are you seriously asking for proof that nature, everything around you, including you is correct ?

Find a bridge and jump off it.
If I am correct, you will fall.

I can think of many more ways of testing if you survive.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
01-01-2015, 09:24 AM
(01-01-2015 08:13 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Brownie, are you seriously asking for proof that nature, everything around you, including you is correct ?

Find a bridge and jump off it.
If I am correct, you will fall.

I can think of many more ways of testing if you survive.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Wile.E.Coyote style testing
01-01-2015, 09:43 AM
(31-12-2014 11:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 10:17 PM)Free Wrote:  The relevant knowledge we have is quite simple; since naturalism is the position that everything arises from natural properties and causes commonly known as Physical Law. Physical laws are typically conclusions based on repeated scientific experiments and observations over many years and which have become accepted universally within the scientific community.

Now, since the only available options other than naturalism are supernatural or spiritual options, and neither one of them has ever been demonstrated to even exist nor affect anything in any way, then the most viable measurement we have is indeed naturalism.

There are no other options. If you think there are, then please present them, and present your argument that would demonstrate your option as being greater than naturalism.

Lol you're missing the point here guy. Science is limited by our ability to observe/test. What makes you think that the repetition of experiments on what we can test transcends to anything we have not so far observed.

The lack of options doesn't make the best option correct does it?

Quote:Lol, let me see. As science is grounded in empirical evidence, it therefore can account for what it has not observed/tested. Love your reasoning there.
What has science NOT observed or tested? Also, if you thing a better method than naturalism exists to test anything, once again please bring your option to the table.

Now let's see who has a problem with reasoning.

Science has not provided an answer to the big bang, nor do I expect it to.

The lack of options doesn't make the best option correct does it?

Quote:I reject the application of them. The retorts are so generic that atheists sound like theists, all singing from the same hymn book. I find it strange that you claim to be logical, but it seems only when it comes to disproving a theory you oppose. You hold no evidence, or use any logic to propose why naturalism is an appropriate philosophy beyond that as "science works" it must transcends what it has proven.

Quote:Since you are making claims against naturalism, then you are obligated to provide a better option than naturalism.

No sorry I'm not. There is no certainty m'dear, no matter how much you try to concoct it.

Quote:You are a theist. In fact, you are a Muslim.

Oh yes, I "know."

You seem a little insane.

Out of all your bullshit above, there are only a few things worthy of note:

1. You can provide no evidence to dispute naturalism.

2. You can provide no evidence that something is greater than naturalism.

3. Since you are attempting to dispute naturalism, the only available options that can possibly oppose naturalism belong to the supernatural or spiritual category.

4. Therefore, you are attempting to dispute naturalism from the position of a theist, since only theists would oppose naturalism with the supernatural and spiritual options.

5. You are a theist.

6. I have extensive experience with Islamic theists, and you are in fact demonstrating the faulty reasoning that is consistent with an Islamic apologist.

You can't hide this from me, and to prove it, let us just test you, okay?

Let us see if you will write here on this forum the following words:
'
There is no god, and Allah is not God. Allah is evil, and Muhammad is not a prophet of any god.

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
01-01-2015, 09:53 AM
(01-01-2015 12:44 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  I didn't claim it was. So, there's that.

So you completely negate the claim that science will answer the riddle of existence? No? Well there is that.

There you go with your complete lack of nuance and denial of anything but black/white absolute answers, not to mention trying to put words in my mouth.

Try reading what I actually post and don't assume I meant something else.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-01-2015, 10:32 AM
I think I need to accept that some brains are simply lemons. Wiring is all wrong, radio stuck on one station and that station only plays static noises 24/7.

It only has one tire on it and can't go anywhere on its own. It must be towed.

And the brake lights are constantly on from all the stopping it wants to do in society.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
01-01-2015, 12:10 PM
(01-01-2015 10:32 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I think I need to accept that some brains are simply lemons. Wiring is all wrong, radio stuck on one station and that station only plays static noises 24/7.

It only has one tire on it and can't go anywhere on its own. It must be towed.

And the brake lights are constantly on from all the stopping it wants to do in society.

Brains are lemons? Whut?
(Kidding)

Your posts are great! If I could rep point you more, I would.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.