Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
01-01-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(30-12-2014 08:43 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 08:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Anti-theist and atheist aren't the same thing.

Please clarify who it is that you think has an agenda.

Those who claim to be atheists are anti-theist.

Not necessarily. Atheists are those who find no supporting evidence for the existence of God: Anti-theists are those who are opposed to spreading the unsupported belief in God (more properly, this should be called "anti-theismists" since it is not directed toward the persons of theists, but only the theism that they promote.

Just a thought.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 01:59 PM
(01-01-2015 04:49 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 11:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I don't care, but most active atheists are irritating, self-proclaimed truth holders who hate theists, but have the same strength of resolve for being 'right'. Ironic huh?

Posting here, on other forums are all active atheists. All have a thorn in their ass. All promote naturalism. You merely like to propose them as being unconnected so you can just depend on that "lack of belief" definition, but still assert naturalism.

So your entire argument is based on generalizations because of some limited forms of experience.. and flat out assertions of peoples mindstates. Oh well how did you figure that one out?

In what way can you prove someone such as myself asserts naturalism or has a throne in my ass? You keep asking people to prove naturalism, but can you prove your claim ALL these atheists assert naturalism?

This is a typical ploy by the neo atheist.
it's simply a diversion which descends into semantics and definitions.

I note you haven't denied being a philosophical naturalist.
01-01-2015, 02:00 PM
(01-01-2015 04:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:42 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That is genius. BY asking for proof that naturalism is correct, I'm narcissistic.

Actually, you're just a cunt.

You shall remain such until you can provide proof that you not being a cunt is correct.

Cunt.

Drinking Beverage

You said the c word.
01-01-2015, 02:03 PM
(01-01-2015 05:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Atheism is a position with assumptions."

Indeed it is.
There is an assumption that a poster here actually has a functioning brain.
An assumption here, but not a requirement.

Of course every theist posting here assumes, just as every theist for hundreds of thousands of years has, that their particular set of gods is the right one.

"this generations gods are the next generations mythical creatures"

sorry begging the question and straw men aren't really convincing. I'm sure they really impress you and other converts. such bravado.
01-01-2015, 02:07 PM
(01-01-2015 08:13 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Brownie, are you seriously asking for proof that nature, everything around you, including you is correct ?

Find a bridge and jump off it.
If I am correct, you will fall.

I can think of many more ways of testing if you survive.

Must you? I'm asking for proof that we can observe all there is. Or at least have evidence to account for existence. At the moment you just have faith this is true.
01-01-2015, 02:11 PM
(01-01-2015 01:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I note you haven't denied being a philosophical naturalist.

I deny that I am a philosophical naturalist.

(01-01-2015 02:07 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I'm asking for proof that we can observe all there is. Or at least have evidence to account for existence. At the moment you just have faith this is true.

I do not have "faith" in that proposition. I also have no way to demonstrate that it is either true or false. Do you propose any way to prove that we either can or can not observe all there is?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Science makes discoveries through observations.
New observation techniques are developed every so often to pierce the veil of areas that we hadn't seen before.

New particles and new concepts are discovered as time goes on.

Given these attributes we have the potential to discover everything that exists.

A comet could come along and wipe us all out before we get the chance, but given time, another intelligent race can emerge through evolution and then they might know more than we did.

We stand on backs of great thinkers and innovators because we can store that knowledge.

Given the possibility of other great intelligent species out in the universe, it is possible that libraries that are millions of years old can be discovered in time that can also advance our knowledge.

I can't offer you proof of what we will discover in the future, but I can offer you the potential for discovery that we, as an intelligent species possess.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
01-01-2015, 05:44 PM
(01-01-2015 01:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  This is a typical ploy by the neo atheist.

The fuck is a "neo-atheist"?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-01-2015, 06:02 PM
(01-01-2015 05:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 01:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  This is a typical ploy by the neo atheist.

The fuck is a "neo-atheist"?

He's a Muslim.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
01-01-2015, 06:06 PM
(01-01-2015 02:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 04:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Actually, you're just a cunt.

You shall remain such until you can provide proof that you not being a cunt is correct.

Cunt.

Drinking Beverage

You said the c word.

Are you that that childish?

Who are you going to tell, mommy n daddy or go tell your imaginary friend in the sky?