Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
01-01-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
I didn't assume brownshit was an Asshole. But he removed that lack of assumption.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 08:53 PM by Brownshirt.)
(01-01-2015 09:43 AM)Free Wrote:  Out of all your bullshit above, there are only a few things worthy of note:

1. You can provide no evidence to dispute naturalism.
Lol the burden of proof is on you to prove it. You know how you ask theists to prove a god?

All you need to do is assert why the natural is all there is. Tell you what use the evidence you have to prove it.

Quote:2. You can provide no evidence that something is greater than naturalism.

You mean I need to provide evidence (which is the fundamental premise of naturalism) to prove that it's incorrect? Lol, let's see if you can work out the contradiction of your assumption in there.

Quote:3. Since you are attempting to dispute naturalism, the only available options that can possibly oppose naturalism belong to the supernatural or spiritual category.

No, I'm looking you to justify that the natural is all there is, it's an unproven assumption of yours. At the moment you're saying it's true because you believe it to be true. Justify it.

Quote:4. Therefore, you are attempting to dispute naturalism from the position of a theist, since only theists would oppose naturalism with the supernatural and spiritual options.

Wrong again.

Quote:5. You are a theist.
At least you're consistently wrong.

Quote:6. I have extensive experience with Islamic theists, and you are in fact demonstrating the faulty reasoning that is consistent with an Islamic apologist.

You can't hide this from me, and to prove it, let us just test you, okay?

Let us see if you will write here on this forum the following words:
'
There is no god, and Allah is not God. Allah is evil, and Muhammad is not a prophet of any god.

Big Grin

That's impressive, you got every statement wrong. That takes talent of a 'special' kind.
01-01-2015, 08:50 PM
(01-01-2015 02:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 01:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I note you haven't denied being a philosophical naturalist.

I deny that I am a philosophical naturalist.

Good, at least you'll have no agenda to a blind faith.
Quote:
(01-01-2015 02:07 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I'm asking for proof that we can observe all there is. Or at least have evidence to account for existence. At the moment you just have faith this is true.

I do not have "faith" in that proposition. I also have no way to demonstrate that it is either true or false. Do you propose any way to prove that we either can or can not observe all there is?

No I have no way to prove it, seemingly I should assume that we can if I follow the 'logic" of those here.
01-01-2015, 08:52 PM
(01-01-2015 08:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That's impressive, you got every statement wrong. That takes talent of a 'special' kind.

It is not lost on me that you are avoiding my request. Now type the following back to me.

There is no god, and Allah is not God. Allah is evil, and Muhammad is not a prophet of any god.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
01-01-2015, 08:54 PM
(01-01-2015 05:17 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Science makes discoveries through observations.
New observation techniques are developed every so often to pierce the veil of areas that we hadn't seen before.

New particles and new concepts are discovered as time goes on.

Given these attributes we have the potential to discover everything that exists.

A comet could come along and wipe us all out before we get the chance, but given time, another intelligent race can emerge through evolution and then they might know more than we did.

We stand on backs of great thinkers and innovators because we can store that knowledge.

Given the possibility of other great intelligent species out in the universe, it is possible that libraries that are millions of years old can be discovered in time that can also advance our knowledge.

I can't offer you proof of what we will discover in the future, but I can offer you the potential for discovery that we, as an intelligent species possess.

Keep reading.
01-01-2015, 08:56 PM
(01-01-2015 06:06 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 02:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You said the c word.

Are you that that childish?

Who are you going to tell, mommy n daddy or go tell your imaginary friend in the sky?

It seemed appropriate to calling names on the internet. Like I give a fuck if a cunt calls me a cunt.
01-01-2015, 08:57 PM
(01-01-2015 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 12:44 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So you completely negate the claim that science will answer the riddle of existence? No? Well there is that.

There you go with your complete lack of nuance and denial of anything but black/white absolute answers, not to mention trying to put words in my mouth.

Try reading what I actually post and don't assume I meant something else.

Still don't see you denying it. Just prattling on about nuance, not very terse is it?
01-01-2015, 08:58 PM
(01-01-2015 01:04 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 08:43 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Those who claim to be atheists are anti-theist.

Not necessarily. Atheists are those who find no supporting evidence for the existence of God: Anti-theists are those who are opposed to spreading the unsupported belief in God (more properly, this should be called "anti-theismists" since it is not directed toward the persons of theists, but only the theism that they promote.

Just a thought.

Got any examples of these being separate?
01-01-2015, 09:00 PM
(01-01-2015 07:53 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I didn't assume brownshit was an Asshole. But he removed that lack of assumption.

Tell me again how tangelos in Portugal and Mongolia look the same. That was my favourite proof of naturalism I've seen.
01-01-2015, 09:01 PM
(01-01-2015 08:52 PM)Free Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 08:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That's impressive, you got every statement wrong. That takes talent of a 'special' kind.

It is not lost on me that you are avoiding my request. Now type the following back to me.

I will say that if you provide evidence to justify naturalism. It must be easy for you to do, otherwise you'll just say it's an assumption you've made.

Either admission and I will say the quote you're so desperate for me to say.