Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
02-01-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(02-01-2015 05:07 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  For the OP: When is requiring evidence irrational or seeking to be guided by reality for that matter?

It becomes irrational when you assume its definitely available, despite the obvious lack of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 09:11 PM
(02-01-2015 08:40 PM)Free Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 08:39 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Your position is an assumption but you lack the intelligence to see this.

Let me guess you're another atheist who references the inability to disprove fairies as a basis to make assumptions about some form of creator.
apart from being very dishonest its also incredibly dim.

And you are a Nazi loving white supremacist cunt, right Brownshirt?

So there's that.

Drinking Beverage

You said the c word again, you are naughty.

Tell me a good again how you justify your naturalism? i could do with a laugh.
02-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Why would I need the ability to prove something exists that doesn't exist? You're a fuck ing moron. You're obviously a theist with god shoved so far up your ass, no atheist can get him out. Your philosophical BULLSHIT about the absence of proof doesn't mean a fictional deity doesn't exist is completely retarded.
02-01-2015, 09:17 PM
That is called assuming your conclusion or "begging the question".

If you can provide a solution to account for existence then your retarded circular position would have a foundation. Unfortunately it's drowning in bullshit.
02-01-2015, 09:21 PM
(02-01-2015 09:09 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 05:07 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  For the OP: When is requiring evidence irrational or seeking to be guided by reality for that matter?

It becomes irrational when you assume its definitely available, despite the obvious lack of it.

*it's

What are we to make of something for which no evidence is possible? Consider

Naturalism doesn't assume that evidence is always available. Information is lost continually.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2015, 09:23 PM
(02-01-2015 08:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 02:07 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  Your logic is completely flawed, a theist believes in things unprovable .

i dont care what a theist believes. You believe everything is provable, but lack any proof of this.
Everything we know as fact about the universe is provable you moron. The things we speculate about are not. Also a theist cannot hold to scientific method alone. They look too the supernatural for the answers science can't give them. Like the writings of ancient troglodytes will give them the answers. WTF
02-01-2015, 09:26 PM
(02-01-2015 09:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 09:09 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  It becomes irrational when you assume its definitely available, despite the obvious lack of it.

*it's

What are we to make of something for which no evidence is possible? Consider

Naturalism doesn't assume that evidence is always available. Information is lost continually.

You are to make nothing of it. Just because we want certainty didn't mean we can create it.

philosophical naturalism assumes we can observe all there is. without some grand theory of everything which accounts for a self creating or eternal universe there is only uncertainty.
02-01-2015, 09:28 PM
(02-01-2015 09:23 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 08:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  i dont care what a theist believes. You believe everything is provable, but lack any proof of this.
Everything we know as fact about the universe is provable you moron. The things we speculate about are not. Also a theist cannot hold to scientific method alone. They look too the supernatural for the answers science can't give them. Like the writings of ancient troglodytes will give them the answers. WTF

are you able to differentiate between everything and everything we know? i suspect not.
02-01-2015, 09:33 PM
I know all to well what mankind doesn't know. But I'm not looking for religion to give me the answers.
02-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Hello. Smile

(02-01-2015 09:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You are to make nothing of it. Just because we want certainty didn't mean we can create it.

This is kind of true. However, since 'Naturalism' would seem to be us constantly poking at what is there... it doesn't really thence apply to material naturalism. Or so it would seem to me. Consider

(02-01-2015 09:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Philosophical naturalism assumes we can observe all there is.

Does philosophical naturalism actually assume we can observe all there is? Also, I thought I read/heard some where that (Barring FTL) There will always be a distance out to which we, with our telescopes etc, can never see? As for looking at other things.. well, where perchance is the line?

(02-01-2015 09:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Without some grand theory of everything which accounts for a self creating or eternal universe there is only uncertainty.

Um...what? That's not just a huge stroke of the brush. You've thrown the whole can of pain at the wall, mate.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post