Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
04-01-2015, 03:16 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(04-01-2015 03:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  But atheists feel they dont need to justify any claims made. You ought to submit yourselves to the same rules as non-atheists. Then pehaps atheism will not appear as its own religion.

Asking me to prove the supernatural is akin to a theist asking you to prove no god, for some reason this parrallel escapes you.

Listen idiot and listen good.

You are the one who said the following:

Quote:I also don't assume science will answer the question of existence, nor look to it to guide my philosophy on anything. What is proven, or not falsified holds no sway on defining my position.

Therefore, if you don't think "science" can answer the question, then it is obvious to everybody else that you think something other than science can answer the question.

So here's the question that you constantly attempt to avoid answering:

What, other than science, is greater at answering the question of existence?

Now either answer the question, or shut the fuck up.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
04-01-2015, 03:28 PM
(04-01-2015 03:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  But atheists feel they dont need to justify any claims made. You ought to submit yourselves to the same rules as non-atheists. Then pehaps atheism will not appear as its own religion.

Asking me to prove the supernatural is akin to a theist asking you to prove no god, for some reason this parrallel escapes you.

These sentences...... they do not make sense?

Perhaps a translation or a re - writing?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
04-01-2015, 03:33 PM
At the moment, yes. Note when you say atheist, I only apply this label to people who claim to be an atheist.
I see no criticism of an unjustified claim of philosophical naturalism. Everyone is glossing over his ridiculous claim and
attempting to attack me, or even justifying the statements he's made. Guilt by association and/or keeping quiet.

You tend to band together, which is to be expected but justifies my claim of atheism being like a religion. Perhaps it's more
through fear of losing the social elements here. Who knows. I'm not here to make friends, and as such am being very honest.
04-01-2015, 03:36 PM
(04-01-2015 03:33 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  At the moment, yes. Note when you say atheist, I only apply this label to people who claim to be an atheist.
I see no criticism of an unjustified claim of philosophical naturalism. Everyone is glossing over his ridiculous claim and
attempting to attack me, or even justifying the statements he's made. Guilt by association and/or keeping quiet.

You tend to band together, which is to be expected but justifies my claim of atheism being like a religion. Perhaps it's more
through fear of losing the social elements here. Who knows. I'm not here to make friends, and as such am being very honest.

I'm sorry again but the above makes no real coherence either. I apologize if English is not your first/native language.

Perhaps try a different approach?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
04-01-2015, 03:56 PM
(04-01-2015 03:36 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 03:33 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  At the moment, yes. Note when you say atheist, I only apply this label to people who claim to be an atheist.

I'm sorry again but the above makes no real coherence either. I apologize if English is not your first/native language.

Much cheers to all.

If you don't understand just keep quiet. Wink
04-01-2015, 03:58 PM

I see what you are saying.

Except there is a key difference between ontological naturalism and methodological naturalism. One can apply naturalism as a method of acquiring information without declaring it as an absolute truth. I think you're asking for an ontological defense, but people have mostly been giving a defense for its methodology. Maybe if you made it clear which aspect of naturalism you're asking for a justification on, you'll get better responses?

Or maybe not, the conversation is probably too toxic at this point for anything of value to be exchanged.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
04-01-2015, 03:58 PM
(04-01-2015 03:56 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 03:36 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I'm sorry again but the above makes no real coherence either. I apologize if English is not your first/native language.

Much cheers to all.

He/She understands perfectly. It's the same thing everybody else has been saying to you. You're speaking total nonsense.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
04-01-2015, 04:05 PM
(04-01-2015 03:56 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 03:36 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I'm sorry again but the above makes no real coherence either. I apologize if English is not your first/native language.

Much cheers to all.

I shall reply with a polite 'No' this time regardless of the emote attached to your post.

Will I be able to receive a legible post/reply?

Much cheers to all.
04-01-2015, 04:36 PM
20 pages (per my view) and I'm still uncertain what the point of this thread is.

Anyone care to explain it?

Crickets

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-01-2015, 04:38 PM
(04-01-2015 04:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  20 pages (per my view) and I'm still uncertain what the point of this thread is.

Anyone care to explain it?

Crickets

39 pages.

A troll at work, he is.

Refuses to acknowledge his questions have been answered and repeats the same drivel.