Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
05-01-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(05-01-2015 02:44 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 02:17 PM)Free Wrote:  Well then "genius," how could you be so stupid in your OP to ask the following question:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid710334

If it is not capable of being rationalized, then what the fuck are you doing here?

To be fair to you didn't use the canned arguments, you used your own type of bat shit crazy rationale.

I'm laughing at you trying to rationalise it.

What am I trying to rationalize?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2015, 03:02 PM
You're trying to rationalise philosophical naturalism by saying you don't need to rationalise it. Fun times.
05-01-2015, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 03:17 PM by Free.)
(05-01-2015 03:02 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You're trying to rationalise philosophical naturalism by saying you don't need to rationalise it. Fun times.

X-Incorrect-X

What I am doing is exposing your lack of logic and reasoning by demonstrating that since you said there are no other options to philosophical naturalism, then your question of "Is anyone who holds this position able to rationalise it beyond the standard canned arguments, which convince only the converted" is logically invalid.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
05-01-2015, 03:21 PM
(05-01-2015 03:10 PM)Free Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 03:02 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You're trying to rationalise philosophical naturalism by saying you don't need to rationalise it. Fun times.

X-Incorrect-X

What I am doing is exposing your lack of logic and reasoning by demonstrating that since you said there are no other options to philosophical naturalism, then your question of "Is anyone who holds this position able to rationalise it beyond the standard canned arguments, which convince only the converted" is logically invalid.

Drinking Beverage

i never said there are no other options than philosophical naturalism. i said we can only use methodological naturalism to understand what we're able to observe. Amusingly you leap to assume that one bad option is correct, and even better you lack any evidence to account for existence using your own requirements. Somehow you trip and stumble to philopshical naturalism being correct. it's funny.
05-01-2015, 03:23 PM
(05-01-2015 03:21 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 03:10 PM)Free Wrote:  X-Incorrect-X

Drinking Beverage

i never said there are no other options than philosophical naturalism.

Caught you lying again. Not very smart are you? Here's your position below:

(04-01-2015 05:16 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 04:55 PM)Free Wrote:  What other options exist?

None. Uncertainty abound.

You have too much entitlement in your position.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid713893

And again .... your ass has been handed to you.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Free's post
05-01-2015, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 05:49 PM by Brownshirt.)
(05-01-2015 03:23 PM)Free Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 03:21 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  i never said there are no other options than philosophical naturalism.

Caught you lying again. Not very smart are you? Here's your position below:

(04-01-2015 05:16 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  None. Uncertainty abound.

You have too much entitlement in your position.

Drinking Beverage

Are you serious? I really do hope so but i have my doubts.

I said there are no other options with regards to obtaining evidence, apart from methodical naturalism. This does not justify philosophical
naturalism. It seems you do not understand the distinction.
05-01-2015, 06:24 PM
(05-01-2015 05:39 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 03:23 PM)Free Wrote:  Caught you lying again. Not very smart are you? Here's your position below:

Drinking Beverage

Are you serious? I really do hope so but i have my doubts.

I said there are no other options with regards to obtaining evidence, apart from methodical naturalism. This does not justify philosophical
You have empty criticism with no viable alternatives, yes you have been shown to have a poor argument.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
05-01-2015, 06:25 PM
(05-01-2015 06:24 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 05:39 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Are you serious? I really do hope so but i have my doubts.

You have empty criticism with no viable alternatives, yes you have been shown to have a poor argument.

Or, to put it another way...

[Image: incompetencedemotivator.jpg]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
05-01-2015, 07:06 PM
(05-01-2015 06:24 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 05:39 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Are you serious? I really do hope so but i have my doubts.

Lol you mean having no evidence is beneficial to your position which claims there is, or will be evidence.

Yours is the only position which depends on evidence and you have none.

Congrats on your circular but contradictory view.

Cuckoo...cuckoo.
05-01-2015, 07:08 PM
(05-01-2015 07:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 06:24 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You have empty criticism with no viable alternatives, yes you have been shown to have a poor argument.
Lol you mean having no evidence is beneficial to your position which claims there is, or will be evidence.

Yours is the only position which depends on evidence and you have none.

Cuckoo...cuckoo.

[Image: humiliationdemotivator.jpg]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post