Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
05-01-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(05-01-2015 08:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  tell me again how no evidence is proof that looking for evidencr is correct?

One has to wonder how you tie your shoelaces without strangling yourself each morning.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2015, 11:45 PM
i like where you say there are no options and as such it must be god, oh sorry i mean naturalism is correct.

you've revolted too much.
06-01-2015, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 12:32 AM by ClydeLee.)
(05-01-2015 12:51 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 08:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Again I'll ask, would you to tell me what position that is? You seem to be dodging questions and not answering them... sound familiar?

Several of your lasts responses to me now have been stating I assume something or deny something. I'm filled with curiosity to know what these positions you claim to know about me are, since I haven't been making many claims of assuming views or ideologies in threads lately.
If you defend philosophical naturalism then you're tarred with that brush.

And When did I ever defend Philosophical naturalism? I haven't done such a thing.

I've repeatedly told you why I don't accept it nor defend it. You continually ignore it because for whatever reasons undetermined by logical responses.

In fact to look lately I don't agree with Free's contrasts to you in this thread because I don't agree that to deny a position means you need to have a coherent concept of something else. That's foolish black/white thinking I am not fond of. Oddly I see you understand it's phony in his scenario yet you made assertions of Chas making a claim of the same manner, simply because he denied one side, you claimed he asserted another side. That's just as misrepresented as Free's complaint.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-01-2015, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 12:47 AM by Jack_Ripper.)
(04-01-2015 09:05 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  uhhhh, maybe because they're doing it and shit.

From the standpoint of physics, there is one essential difference between living things and inanimate clumps of carbon atoms: The former tend to be much better at capturing energy from their environment and dissipating that energy as heat. Jeremy England, a 31-year-old assistant professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has derived a mathematical formula that he believes explains this capacity. The formula, based on established physics, indicates that when a group of atoms is driven by an external source of energy (like the sun or chemical fuel) and surrounded by a heat bath (like the ocean or atmosphere), it will often gradually restructure itself in order to dissipate increasingly more energy. This could mean that under certain conditions, matter inexorably acquires the key physical attribute associated with life.

I'm not talking about abiogenesis.
Yes you are moron. Abiogenesis would explain human existence. You fuck ing retard.
06-01-2015, 01:03 AM
It would prove all matter is self organizing and subject to natural laws.
06-01-2015, 01:26 AM
(06-01-2015 12:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 12:51 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  If you defend philosophical naturalism then you're tarred with that brush.

And When did I ever defend Philosophical naturalism? I haven't done such a thing.

I've repeatedly told you why I don't accept it nor defend it. You continually ignore it because for whatever reasons undetermined by logical responses.

In fact to look lately I don't agree with Free's contrasts to you in this thread because I don't agree that to deny a position means you need to have a coherent concept of something else. That's foolish black/white thinking I am not fond of. Oddly I see you understand it's phony in his scenario yet you made assertions of Chas making a claim of the same manner, simply because he denied one side, you claimed he asserted another side. That's just as misrepresented as Free's complaint.

Guilt by association, Chas appears typical of many atheists who implies everything and dodges any question of to him and bases his perspective on his own semantics. Very dreary.
06-01-2015, 01:32 AM
(06-01-2015 12:40 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 09:05 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I'm not talking about abiogenesis.
Yes you are moron. Abiogenesis would explain human existence. You fuck ing retard.

Not existence you fucking retard. Grrrr I'm so angry.
06-01-2015, 01:37 AM
So to keep things simple, Brownshirt, your question is: Why is there something instead of nothing?
Right?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-01-2015, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 01:47 AM by Brownshirt.)
(06-01-2015 01:03 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  It would prove all matter is self organizing and subject to natural laws.

What is self organising, natural laws and how do you purpose to prove this with regard to existence, and its catalyst?
06-01-2015, 01:45 AM
(06-01-2015 01:37 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So to keep things simple, Brownshirt, your question is: Why is there something instead of nothing?
Right?

As an agnostic, is a question i don't know the answer to. Only new atheists and theists appear to know the answer.

I feel much more certain in saying I have no idea.