Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
06-01-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
When's the last time matter was created or destroyed. It's a physical impossibility. Therefore everything has always existed and always will. Your catalyst argument is only valid if you can prove a beginning. Which you can't. Even when all matter was condensed into a singularity before the big bang it still existed in that singularity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 01:51 AM
(05-01-2015 01:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 12:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just as a warning for those late to the party.

[Image: 90b193379837-xl.jpg]

^All you need to know about Brownshirt. Drinking Beverage

Are you mad as i dont believe your bollocks?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPf8h2wP2Xj2AzEOr7Alu...Tn7ondiRts]

[Image: 4d0a6ffffe1aa751f1167710bca4b727.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-01-2015, 01:56 AM
(06-01-2015 01:47 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  When's the last time matter was created or destroyed. It's a physical impossibility. Therefore everything has always existed and always will. Your catalyst argument is only valid if you can prove a beginning. Which you can't. Even when all matter was condensed into a singularity before the big bang it still existed in that singularity.

So you're proposing a big crunch and big bang?
06-01-2015, 01:58 AM
(06-01-2015 01:45 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:37 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So to keep things simple, Brownshirt, your question is: Why is there something instead of nothing?
Right?

As an agnostic, is a question i don't know the answer to. Only new atheists and theists appear to know the answer.

I feel much more certain in saying I have no idea.

Lol I find atheism a troll position.
06-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Claiming to know what other people "know" in defiance of all clarification is a troll position. You are welcome to it. We could discuss this interesting question of why there is something instead of nothing, but ultimately none of us knows the answer. Moreover it has little relevance to the question of whether a god exist, let alone whether a given person has a god belief.

I don't know why there is something rather than nothing. I can suppose that something "always" existed in some sense just as a theist can suppose that a god "always" existed in some sense. However I don't know, and I'm not aware of a means of meaningfully researching the question. If we did have an answer as to why there is something rather than nothing then it may include some answer to or clarification of the god question. However, clearly a lack of knowledge about this question tells us nothing of that answer.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
06-01-2015, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 02:24 AM by Brownshirt.)
(06-01-2015 02:16 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Claiming to know what other people "know" in defiance of all clarification is a troll position. You are welcome to it. We could discuss this interesting question of why there is something instead of nothing, but ultimately none of us knows the answer. Moreover it has little relevance to the question of whether a god exist, let alone whether a given person has a god belief.

I don't know why there is something rather than nothing. I can suppose that something "always" existed in some sense just as a theist can suppose that a god "always" existed in some sense. However I don't know, and I'm not aware of a means of meaningfully researching the question. If we did have an answer as to why there is something rather than nothing then it may include some answer to or clarification of the god question. However, clearly a lack of knowledge about this question tells us nothing of that answer.

Fantastic an answer I can actually respect. Personally I want nothing to do with arrogance and assumptions. Your statement is logical and not imbued with implied statements.
06-01-2015, 02:59 AM
(06-01-2015 01:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 4d0a6ffffe1aa751f1167710bca4b727.jpg]

[Image: morganfreemanhemad.jpg]
06-01-2015, 05:39 AM
(06-01-2015 02:59 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 4d0a6ffffe1aa751f1167710bca4b727.jpg]

[Image: morganfreemanhemad.jpg]

[Image: 5fc6a922cef46c8c80df5e23335a1759651f3af1...79ef08.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-01-2015, 06:30 AM
I would be perfectly happy if this thread degenerated grew into people swapping their favorite reaction gifs and rage faces.

I've always been partial to Orson Wells satisfied mug.
[Image: 9df.gif]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 4 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
06-01-2015, 07:19 AM
(06-01-2015 01:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 12:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And When did I ever defend Philosophical naturalism? I haven't done such a thing.

I've repeatedly told you why I don't accept it nor defend it. You continually ignore it because for whatever reasons undetermined by logical responses.

In fact to look lately I don't agree with Free's contrasts to you in this thread because I don't agree that to deny a position means you need to have a coherent concept of something else. That's foolish black/white thinking I am not fond of. Oddly I see you understand it's phony in his scenario yet you made assertions of Chas making a claim of the same manner, simply because he denied one side, you claimed he asserted another side. That's just as misrepresented as Free's complaint.

Guilt by association, Chas appears typical of many atheists who implies everything and dodges any question of to him and bases his perspective on his own semantics. Very dreary.

Ah, so you're fine making illogical and emotional based assumptions but favorably conflate everyone else as misguided by doing so. Thank ya for your time, Out we go.

[Image: 26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson