Atheism is a position with assumptions...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
06-01-2015, 07:51 AM
RE: Atheism is a position with assumptions...
(06-01-2015 01:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 12:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And When did I ever defend Philosophical naturalism? I haven't done such a thing.

I've repeatedly told you why I don't accept it nor defend it. You continually ignore it because for whatever reasons undetermined by logical responses.

In fact to look lately I don't agree with Free's contrasts to you in this thread because I don't agree that to deny a position means you need to have a coherent concept of something else. That's foolish black/white thinking I am not fond of. Oddly I see you understand it's phony in his scenario yet you made assertions of Chas making a claim of the same manner, simply because he denied one side, you claimed he asserted another side. That's just as misrepresented as Free's complaint.

Guilt by association, Chas appears typical of many atheists who implies everything and dodges any question of to him and bases his perspective on his own semantics. Very dreary.

What questions have I dodged? Put up or shut up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 08:23 AM
(06-01-2015 06:30 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I would be perfectly happy if this thread degenerated grew into people swapping their favorite reaction gifs and rage faces.

I've always been partial to Orson Wells satisfied mug.
[Image: 9df.gif]

[Image: tumblr_lysxnlCwte1qdo568o1_400.jpg]

Ponies or Spiderman, take your pick.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-01-2015, 09:10 AM
(06-01-2015 01:58 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:45 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  As an agnostic, is a question i don't know the answer to. Only new atheists and theists appear to know the answer.

I feel much more certain in saying I have no idea.

Lol I find atheism a troll position.

[Image: rq842l9gzo269takkir1.jpg]

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
06-01-2015, 09:13 AM
You said yourself brownshart what's the catalyst? That implies you believe something can be created from nothing. Which makes you some kind of creationist. My position is there is no catalyst for creation never happened. My assumptions are more logical than yours. It's the only possible explanation. Unless you believe in god.
06-01-2015, 12:16 PM
(06-01-2015 09:10 AM)Free Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:58 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Lol I find atheism a troll position.

[Image: rq842l9gzo269takkir1.jpg]

He seems to like to cite Matt Dilahunty, so maybe you should just quote anytime Matt has ever pointed out that lacking a positive belief in god/s makes you an atheist. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-01-2015, 12:53 PM
(06-01-2015 07:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Guilt by association, Chas appears typical of many atheists who implies everything and dodges any question of to him and bases his perspective on his own semantics. Very dreary.

What questions have I dodged? Put up or shut up.

Do you lack belief in philosophical naturalism?
06-01-2015, 12:57 PM
(06-01-2015 07:19 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 01:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Guilt by association, Chas appears typical of many atheists who implies everything and dodges any question of to him and bases his perspective on his own semantics. Very dreary.

Ah, so you're fine making illogical and emotional based assumptions but favorably conflate everyone else as misguided by doing so. Thank ya for your time, Out we go.

[Image: 26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif]

hopefully there'sa lift. So you deny philosophical naturalism or just lack belief in it?
06-01-2015, 01:00 PM
(06-01-2015 09:13 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  You said yourself brownshart what's the catalyst? That implies you believe something can be created from nothing. Which makes you some kind of creationist. My position is there is no catalyst for creation never happened. My assumptions are more logical than yours. It's the only possible explanation. Unless you believe in god.

Stop trying to deflect.

No I'm asking you to demonstrate the eternal universe. Make sure you have some evidence handy.
[+] 1 user Likes Brownshirt's post
06-01-2015, 01:05 PM
(06-01-2015 12:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 09:10 AM)Free Wrote:  [Image: rq842l9gzo269takkir1.jpg]

He seems to like to cite Matt Dilahunty, so maybe you should just quote anytime Matt has ever pointed out that lacking a positive belief in god/s makes you an atheist. Drinking Beverage

His position is like yours. I don't define myself on what i dont believe in. Perhaps you're a non collecting stamp person? i dont go to a forum and discuss not collecting stamps anf try to justify why not collecting stamps is rational.
06-01-2015, 01:06 PM
(06-01-2015 01:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 09:13 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  You said yourself brownshart what's the catalyst? That implies you believe something can be created from nothing. Which makes you some kind of creationist. My position is there is no catalyst for creation never happened. My assumptions are more logical than yours. It's the only possible explanation. Unless you believe in god.

Stop trying to deflect.

No I'm asking you to demonstrate the eternal universe. Make sure you have some evidence handy.

Are you arguing just to argue? Or do you actually have a point to make?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces